Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [ Hs] Westeros Is a Silly Place

Default [ Hs] Westeros Is a Silly Place

I've got this insensible urge to play bloody Joffrey out of all weird things... so i present:

Westeros Is a Silly Place

Spoilers if uve not seen all of GoT or read the first few books.

They thought him a mere man, a simpleton regarded little higher than a personal slave... how wrong he proved them all

One shout of the mighty Hodor and the word trembled, a word and the North was utterly under his thrall. A whisper and the world forgot such a place ever existed.
    There is no longer any north, the stark banners march unseen and unheard... all forgotten to safeguard the roof of the world. Meanwhile, the follies of man continue.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

This hotseat will be like any other with YB rules, except the north will be off limits and the faction skipped ( after all armies are sent north/disbanded ). Furthermore, I strongly encourage shenanigans in the way of memes, clips, mocking and plain joking. Im fairly sure i can play a rather convincing mad king Joffrey, not to mention a rather accurate Ceresi. But to really do that, i need others whom like me, likes to have a little fun with their characters/generals and turns

I want to see lots of silly calls to see men fly, floppy fishjokes and sushi. Peaches, roses, drunken dornishmen etc Keep in mind that personal insults are off the table as always and the moment anyone has had enough of something, it is to stop immediately ( as always ). I will start the hotseat if interest is sufficient and wont allow brand new players to join.
    Last edited by Mithridate; November 16, 2013 at 01:18 PM.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Default Re: [Coming Hs] Westeros Is a Silly Place ( Stark Open! )

Mod: Youngbloods

Admin: I will be the main admin, handling skipping and minor things. Anything major or when im too involved shall be handled by the neutral admin.
    Neutral admin:Emperor of Hell ( ONLY CONTACT IN EMERGENCY / RULINGS. I handle skipping / clearing saves )

Be very afraid, you aint seen nothing yet^^

Players:
    Lannister: irishviking5
    Tyrell: The Forgotten
    Arryn: Ice Eyes
    Stark: Arrow2daknee
    Greyjoy:Riverknight
    Renly: SoulGamesInc
    Joffrey: Mithridate
    Tully: Dux
    Stannis: Korpskog
    Martell: AdmiralThrawn

Rules:

• Pm the next player that it is their turn. You have 24 hours to play each turn before skip/sub
    • 1 turn peace ( you may cross another players region, but must not end turn there or fight obviously. )
    • Destroying buildings is not allowed if the settlement is under siege or a far superior army is one turn away from the settlement. ( turn 1 excepted )
    • 2 forts a region/player and forts need to have a garrison of at least 4 units, to limit fort spamming a bit.
    • No assassinations
    • No bug abuse! When you think someone has used a bug report it here and the admin will look into it. Link to known bugs, 2nd paragraph
    • No sailing from a blockaded port without first defeating the blockading ships,
    • Armies must not be hidden in ships inside of ports.
    • No sallying forth in a siege to deny your besieger the opportunity to sack your settlement.
    • Post pictures of battle odds, involved armies, their banners and the results. It is advised to hide everything else, especially the mini map and your finances.
    • Settlements gifted should disband all units save one. No gifting regions in a war zone ( bordering faction at war with, or under threat )
    • Armies defeated by a player (b) that comes after the original player (a)'s turn cannot move next turn, so if Tyrell defeats a Lannister army that army cannot move next turn. - Exception: Reinforcing armies standing in defenses, even if defeated, don't lose movement points. So player 'a' is allowed to move the army that reinforced another while in a fort even if defeated by 'b'.
    • Heroic victories are banned
    • No watchtower spam to prevent forting, admin will be the one to decide if it is or not so dont risk it.
    • Screens needed for stealing generals or at least a highlighted mention ( added 18/10 )

Cutting out the north is a decition made to speed up the hotseat and frankly, make it more interesting. Stark mostly just make life harder for everybody while they cant really do much, should most people want it then ill allow them to be played however.

Id like to have some way to reward RPing/joking but i know of no good way to do so, previous attempts have been rather poor but im open to suggestions. Until then, its a regular hotseat where i ask people whom enjoy to post short stories / clips / memes with their turns or otherwise add spice to their plays to join foremost. You are not forced to do so, i just find it adds a lot of enjoyment

Forgive me for being a little silly with all this, i could not resist the compulsion to do this that i got while driving around in the night^^
    Last edited by Mithridate; November 26, 2013 at 11:25 PM.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

Default Re: [Coming Hs] Westeros Is a Silly Place

Nice to see new hotseat after a while and I really like your idea of RPing and joking. But I am not sure you will manage to fill up all 9 places as many existing hotseats are already lacking players and most active hotseaters today (which are mostly new players) are already playing in many of them.
    TATW HS Community Award

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

I am not amused!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Yea ive got no rush and mostly gauge interest Most other hotseats lacking players are missing more than a few and im already pushing a few back from death ( so at this time, I lack the will and time to do so here as well ). Since people usually prefer new ones and Joffrey being one of the hardest to find a player for I figured to give it a try.

New people are welcome, as long as its not their first hotseat.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Besides, I stay amused while ive got plenty of time to wait.

Post if you want to join and know that i will make sure this hotseat moves fast, if you are late you will be skipped but if you ask extension you shall get plenty of time.

Also, that is the one and only time you will see Bieber. In case the horror of that image or fear of the music is what keep you away, worry not!
    Last edited by Mithridate; October 10, 2013 at 07:29 AM.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

lol.

Alright I'll join, as House Tully.

You shall fear the Blackfish!

This pleases me, a worthy great lord floppy indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    This hotseat will be like any other with YB rules, except the north will be off limits and the faction skipped ( after all armies are sent north/disbanded ). Furthermore, I strongly encourage shenanigans in the way of memes, clips, mocking and plain joking. Im fairly sure i can play a rather convincing mad king Joffrey, not to mention a rather accurate Ceresi. But to really do that, i need others whom like me, likes to have a little fun with their characters/generals and turns

I want to see lots of silly calls to see men fly, floppy fishjokes and sushi. Peaches, roses, drunken dornishmen etc Keep in mind that personal insults are off the table as always and the moment anyone has had enough of something, it is to stop immediately ( as always ). I will start the hotseat if interest is sufficient and wont allow brand new players to join.
    I want to play

And I want to make a lemony lemony joke... lots of them

Lannister for me.

But, I wonder, why should Stark be unplayable? The Starks are pretty much the oldest and most prestigious great house of Westeros, and they have a rather big stake in this southron war; namely, revenge for good ol' Neddie.

edit: oh, missed the part where Hodor now rules the north... still, I am of the opinion that Starky should be in.
    "For myself, I would see the White Tree in flower again in the courts of the kings, and the Silver Crown return, and Minas Tirith in peace: Minas Anor again as of old, full of light, high and fair, beautiful as a queen among other queens; not as a mistress of many slaves, nay, not even a kind mistress of willing slaves. War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Númenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise."

Arryn!

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I'd probably have to agree with Hopeless on this, pretty wierd taking out one of the most important side of this conflict
    If you want to turn some factions AI then Arryn and Martell are probably the best choice, as they took no part in the War of Five Kings

I however will not be joining

Its good to see you around again you hopelessly hopeless Sansa fan, but just how did you miss the "No north, HODOR part?" I mean, it literally makes up 50% of the firstpost and the vid Also, as to your demand to leave Sansa alone ( will be worse if stark's are playable): Who the heck are the starks... this bloody Sansa? Ah, no matter:

I do whatever i want to my subjects^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    Arryn!
    Taken by Ice eyes already, Tyrell, Stannis, GJ, Renly, Martell remains assuming we go with no stark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriyaca View Post
    I'd probably have to agree with Hopeless on this, pretty wierd taking out one of the most important side of this conflict
    If you want to turn some factions AI then Arryn and Martell are probably the best choice, as they took no part in the War of Five Kings

I however will not be joining
    Martell adds a lot to Renlys and Tyrells strategic situations ( forcing them to watch their backs ) and are very much involved in hotseating warfare, Starks are mostly just a nuisance to everyone in the north and are incredibly unlikely to even have a chance of winning, their lands wont be part of any war, unlike dorne whom you have to go around to reach Oldtown and the Arbor by sea lategame. Killing Stark takes forever, them killing anyone takes forever, another player adds turntime and usually stark ends up just being some money loaner or serve as a buffer against change.

But if you lads want stark to be playable, you need only to say so.
    Last edited by Mithridate; October 10, 2013 at 11:56 AM.

Stannis then! The teethgrinder will have your head Joffrey!

Very well, I say let there be light... err, Starks. It's true they do take up a turn space and all, but they are Tully's ally at game start (well... usually). A wise player will have ships ferrying people over to the Riverlands, instead of taking the slow Neck road. The North is hard to conquer, true, but that's part of its charm

Besides... you know, they are the Starks. Kings of Winter, the Starks in Winterfell, the oldest family of the continent. AND of course our main characters and heroes. Leaving them out is leaving the best part of the story out.

Though I would boost their starting armies, very slightly. In fact, I'd boost most factions slightly at game start, to correspond a thimble bit more with the numbers in the books. But that's just me, methinks.

edit: 1 turn peace ( you may cross another players region, but must not end turn there or fight obviously. )

Hmm, this does weaken my prospects, but nevermind. Still, what about Tyrion? He starts in the Vale... and must cross the Riverlands to link up with all his homies...

edit2: fixed so it doesn't hurt Mith the Dread's eyes.
    Last edited by Hopelessly Hopeless; October 11, 2013 at 09:20 AM.
    "For myself, I would see the White Tree in flower again in the courts of the kings, and the Silver Crown return, and Minas Tirith in peace: Minas Anor again as of old, full of light, high and fair, beautiful as a queen among other queens; not as a mistress of many slaves, nay, not even a kind mistress of willing slaves. War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Númenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise."

Quote Originally Posted by Hopelessly Hopeless View Post
    *snip*
    Please make your post... smaller, reading paragraphs like that hurts to read while taking a lot of space.

Other than that im sorry to say: I think cutting the north is the best for the hotseat, keeping them may or may not add to the "rping". But this is not set to be as the real story, its as always a hotseat first while the joking and mocking is to come second. Ive played many games with Stark/Tully/Arryn/Greyjoy/Lannister and every time my belief that the North only drains from the hotseating have been reinforced...

Lets not spend a very long time trying to convince eachother, spend the time PMing the others and have them post if they want Stark playable as well.

Ice Eyes's Avatar King of Winter

Just a suggestion mith why don't we get rid of martell aswell, Seeing as the north will not be playable u could do the same for dorne and concentrate on central westeros which will also speed up the hotseat ?
    Last edited by Ice Eyes; October 10, 2013 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Martell adds a lot to Renlys and Tyrells strategic situations ( forcing them to watch their backs ) and are very much involved in hotseating warfare, Starks are mostly just a nuisance to everyone in the north and are incredibly unlikely to even have a chance of winning, their lands wont be part of any war, unlike dorne whom you have to go around to reach Oldtown and the Arbor by sea lategame. Killing Stark takes forever, them killing anyone takes forever, another player adds turntime and usually stark ends up just being some money loaner or serve as a buffer against change.

But if you lads want stark to be playable, you need only to say so.
    Tyrell without dorne in its back has a much too easy time to do whatever he pleases. The same does not quite go for Renly but he too gets a little bit too much leeway imo as his lands are so easily defended and usually always allied with Tyrell. ( Renly must be allowed escape btw ). With martell, Tyrell is basically surrounded by potential enemies or at least has two fronts. Much more room for chaos, and everyone is close together in the thick of it

Furthermore, ive played with martell gone as the north and sailing around "dead" lands is very annoying while the north is easily ignored altogether.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

I can fill in any power, though I'd like to try Stannis if that's OK. Sounds like fun!

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

OK, so if Stan is taken I guess there is only one option left:

The Dornish March onwards to avenge Elia and have awesome sex with all in our path!

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

I would join you and take either Tyrell or Renly but I got virus on my computer and won't be able to play until this is fixed. Probably next week.
    TATW HS Community Award

Default Re: [Coming Hs] Westeros Is a Silly Place ( Renly, GJ, Tyrell open )

I'll take Renly if he's not already bent over for another player, haha.

I have a few concerns being so close to Mith but hell i'll be recording so i can edit out the parts where i get my ass kicked and act like it never happened.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast