Thread: This Mod Has Bad Campaign AI, Large Uruk Army Outside My Settlement For 2+ Turns NOT DOING ANYTHING

Icon8 This Mod Has Bad Campaign AI, Large Uruk Army Outside My Settlement For 2+ Turns NOT DOING ANYTHING

There is a Large Uruk Dominion army outisde my settlement with a small army beside it, they have been there for over 2 turns now while I am invading their territory and sacking their weaker settlements that don't have a large garrison. Why won't they do anything? I made a large army in the settlement they are outside of and I am just waiting for them to attack but they won't. What is going on?

Default Re: This Mod Has Bad Campaign AI, Large Uruk Army Outside My Settlement For 2+ Turns NOT DOING ANYTHING

They are waiting for another stack to reinforce them, its actually kinda cool, they wont attack unless they think they can win, sometimes 3 stacks show up before they attack a city

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: This Mod Has Bad Campaign AI, Large Uruk Army Outside My Settlement For 2+ Turns NOT DOING ANYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by Decius101 View Post
    There is a Large Uruk Dominion army outisde my settlement with a small army beside it, they have been there for over 2 turns now while I am invading their territory and sacking their weaker settlements that don't have a large garrison. Why won't they do anything? I made a large army in the settlement they are outside of and I am just waiting for them to attack but they won't. What is going on?
    What you refer to happens in every mod. Enemy armies generally will not launch a siege on settlements that have full stacks, unless they feel that they can clearly win. I can't stand people on TWC jumping around claiming a mods AI is bad.. Compared to what? certainly not vanilla or other TW mods because the same happens in all of the mods (and yes i am such a loser i have played every single Kingdoms mod) Simply put TW AI has it's issues, and although modders try to tweak it as best they can many of the core issues with TW AI will always remain. Even mods that are designed to do nothing but improve AI still don't touch the AI's stupidity when it comes to Sieges. Also as far as i can tell the AI bases much of it's choices on numbers, and a Uruk dominion force generally has lower numbers per unit then the other races which is probably a contributing factor that is preventing them from launching an attack

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

It's not bad AI it's smart AI you will carp you pants wen you see 3-5 full stacks coming your way