Thread: M:TW - No one declares war

Default M:TW - No one declares war

Hi everyone,

Trying desperately to get Medieval : Total War 1 to work on a Windows 7 64 bit system is a real hassle, I've managed it a few times (button fixes and M:TW Redux) but unfortunately when I do there seems to be a bug where the AI don't declare war on anyone.
    After about 10 turns, the AI are literally allying with everyone and nobody at all fights.

This always seem to happen when I install it, I uninstall, try a few months later. Recently bought the Gold Edition off Amazon to see if that worked but sadly no.

Instead of uninstalling and trying again months later, I wondered if anyone else had experience this and knew of a work around?

Thanks!

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Default Re: M:TW - No one declares war

In 2010, I had this to say, on this very problem... For you specifically, if memory serves...

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    In short… Save… Close… Restart game & load save… (Possibly restart PC, to reset cache). Hopefully things will get better after that….

Otherwise as already stated, start a new campaign and it usually does the trick. Some campaigns turn out like that - others don’t. And so it goes (including mods I would imagine). Personally I would not categorize these circumstances as a bug, if it is, then it is a small one compared with others in MTW. Anyhow, alliances all over won’t last forever – that’s my experience.

Here is another thought, if you guys don’t like peace - do consider going to war on your own…
    You will probably get some dirty mayhem in no time…

Since 2010, many things have happened in the MTW-cosmos, and you now have a very real and serious alternative that is absolutely guaranteed to work - as in you will get your dirty wars, no matter what, its just matter of time. The solution is spelled "Redux" and it is available for download at any time - click on my signature for links and take it away from there. In the event that the impossible happens and you still get the same problem, then upload a Redux-save for me somewhere and I will personally examine it to determine what is exactly the problem with that campaign/save for you. Either that or you do what I already outlined for you back in 2010. I can do little else for you on this stuff, the rest is up to you...

- A