Thread: loving how unit experience works in XGM

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default loving how unit experience works in XGM

after each battle I just need to retrain without losing the precious experience my unites gained. whoever thought of this feature for this mod just made the game fun for me, I thank you. it makes you wanting to protect ur veteran stacks instead of just wasting them. I love using my 7-9 chevron legions to plow through the elite units of other factions. this is an awsome feeling. 1 full stack killing 3 full attacking stacks atm as the seleucids are pouring it's armies against me ever since we made first contact when pontus got owned. I got 4 full stacks atm cutting through seleucid empire, planing to land 2 more at the egyptian area. lvl 6-7 archers raining death n lowers morale very nicely :) these stacks are all lead by 5+ star generals, I never have routing problems, ever. I am gonna play as the greeks next after I finish the roman campaign. I never thought I would have to fight so hard at the end of the campaign, I guess it was good that I let the seleucids grow before I made contact.
    Last edited by craziii; September 18, 2006 at 09:34 PM.

Balikedes's Avatar Time to Rock

Default Re: loving how unit experience works in XGM

I agree, I'm 30yrs into the Greek Cities campaign and have absolutely slaughtered stack after stack of Germanic or Gallic horde. My generals are all 3 stars or above and I have a Strategos general on every front (Thessalian, Turkish and Italian) who have at least 7 stars a piece.
    My Spartan Royal Guard generally takes out around 2 divisions a battle and routinely only lose between 2 and 5 guys.
    Thanks to all who have put together this great mod...
    Patron of Suppanut, relentless work, check it out.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

HardSun on XBoxLive - Destiny and other stuff