Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Victory Conditions

Default Re: Victory Conditions

Quote Originally Posted by august.stas View Post
    Its for coop? Because i need it for one vs one. As now i see VC for 1 vs 1 - its VICTORY_MISSIONS_BY_TYPE_BLOCK-1 - isnt it?
    And...its cant be edit? 0_o
    I suppose you could copy the blocks from the coop and add them to the competitive, but you'd also have to edit the appropriate menus and add text descriptions for these to show up in game. But right now we have no access to the menus and no way to change them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackie42 View Post
    I suppose you could copy the blocks from the coop and add them to the competitive, but you'd also have to edit the appropriate menus and add text descriptions for these to show up in game. But right now we have no access to the menus and no way to change them.
    And, how to copy blocks, and how to add it? )) As for menus - is it necessarily? I mean - will this VC work without editing menu?

Ok. i duplicate block-0(single VC), and names of blocks they shifted - that copy became with name block-1, and old block-1(1 on 1 VC) became block-2, and block-2 became block-3. Now - i deleted block-2(old block-1 1 on 1 VC). So instead of old block-1(1 on 1 VC), now i have new block-1 which is a copy of block-0(single VC). So now i may to edit it? delete culture and economic VC, etc.
    So you think it can be work?

Ok. i duplicate block-0(single VC), and names of blocks they shifted - that copy became with name block-1, and old block-1(1 on 1 VC) became block-2, and block-2 became block-3. Now - i deleted block-2(old block-1 1 on 1 VC). So instead of old block-1(1 on 1 VC), now i have new block-1 which is a copy of block-0(single VC). So now i may to edit it? delete culture and economic VC, etc. So you think it can be work?
    I don't think it will work without editing the in game victory conditions menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackie42 View Post
    I don't think it will work without editing the in game victory conditions menu.
    ok, i see. thanks for all.

yes, its not work

This is very very helpful, thanks to you guys i'm able to play a shorter Rome campaign.

Cheers!

Hey i am new here and maybe i ask too much but can you make a walkthrough on how to add missions for minor factions,or just duplicate some other missions into them.I am really interested in playing as the Ardiaei but its not that fun without the missions.

I've got a question folks. I am playing lan coop with my bro so if i want to edit VC i need to look on TYPE-BLOCK-2 right? I edited there amount of cities needed to sack but in game on objectives panel its still not changed. How to do it properly?

Herosek94, read pages 1 and 2. You need to look in COMPRESSED_DATA/CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO/VICTORY_MISSION_OPTIONS for the real changes and change at least 1 in every mission objective, but if you change it just here, you won't see the changed VC's in the faction select screen, but when you get in game you'll see the new VC's. If you want to see the changed VC's in the faction selection screen, you must edit CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO/VICTORY_MISSION_OPTIONS.

And my question is related to this - the minor factions have entries only in COMPRESSED_DATA/CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO/VICTORY_MISSION_OPTIONS. Is there any way you can change the text in the faction selection screen for them?

So now its works? im try it in November.. and its doesn.t work(

I am editing victory conditions.
    The blocks in the "campaign_startpos\campaign_preopen_map_info" are only for showing up info in the main menu and have not necessarily to be edited, right?

How edit Vic Con - in Assembley Kit?

Can i get a decent guide on how to change the victory conditions?

I'm not sure what is updated or obsolete or how to do anything

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

How about a guide to change the VC in the assembly kit would be very helpful.

I was thinking of making a big modification changing the victory conditions for all factions to better and easier ones. Meaning, Bactria won't have to go all the way to Italia or the Arverni to Cappadocia.
    Thing is, I know how to change the objectives, but I do not know how to make it into a mod. Any help?

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by m.minkov View Post
    Herosek94, read pages 1 and 2. You need to look in COMPRESSED_DATA/CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO/VICTORY_MISSION_OPTIONS for the real changes and change at least 1 in every mission objective, but if you change it just here, you won't see the changed VC's in the faction select screen, but when you get in game you'll see the new VC's. If you want to see the changed VC's in the faction selection screen, you must edit CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO/VICTORY_MISSION_OPTIONS.

And my question is related to this - the minor factions have entries only in COMPRESSED_DATA/CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO/VICTORY_MISSION_OPTIONS. Is there any way you can change the text in the faction selection screen for them?
    The first part of this works fine, but changing the CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO/VICTORY_MISSION_OPTIONS causes the selection screen to have no text in EE edition??

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

There are two locations inside startpos to change. One is for actual texxt during campaign selection while second change in-game conditions.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ons-Objectives at the end of my first post is explanation guide for it.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    There are two locations inside startpos to change. One is for actual texxt during campaign selection while second change in-game conditions.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ons-Objectives at the end of my first post is explanation guide for it.
    Thanks for info mate, however in my editing of the EE starpos following all the tutorials I am finding that all minor factions are not showing any info in campaign game??

Are Minor factions not able to use Victory conditions maybe??
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; October 26, 2014 at 06:37 AM.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Thanks for info mate, however in my editing of the EE starpos following all the tutorials I am finding that all minor factions are not showing any info in campaign game??

Are Minor factions not able to use Victory conditions maybe??
    Yes,there is problem with minor factions. You will have to recreate the them as major factions. I have never tried to add victory conditions for these but i can imagine it will require quite more startpos and DB editing than just unlocking these minor factions..
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast