Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Greek States Anonymous Roster Expansion (GSARE : AARE / SARE / EARE) SARE v101 released

Default Re: Greek States Anonymous Roster Expansion (GSARE : AARE / SARE / EARE) SARE v101 released

Any chance of a units only version?

Default Re: Greek States Anonymous Roster Expansion (GSARE : AARE / SARE / EARE) SARE v101 released

Also is this compatible with Legionaires Armies skin mod?

@East Londoner
    AARE is a units only version in and of itself, EARE has only one reskin, so I assume you mean SARE?
    If the new mod manager had a load order this would be a lot easier, but if you can get your desired reskin mods to load AFTER SARE it should overwrite them. The only way I see to do this at present is to modify the profile.mods.txt in your script folder.
    The syntax seems pretty easy, it just lists all of your mods in order with their exact file names, so you'd just have to remove your reskin and then re enter it at the end of the list.
    Making a units only version of SARE wouldn't be too hard, just the new periokoi and helots wouldn't match the others likely. If you have the PFM you can also do it yourself pretty easily, you just delete the variantmeshes of the vanilla units in the pack. The only reason I don't really want to make a unit only version myself is because it means more versions I have to update, more things to upload, more to manage. I'm looking to get everything uploaded to the workshop so making revisions and fixes will be much easier.

@Chinaski
    Ahh yeah, almost forgot about that. The armed_citizens table lists those units, if you took them out then the other factions who use those units would have weak garrisons. Messing with that vanilla table might be more trouble than its worth.
    An alternative would be to make clones of the vanilla units you wanted to add, then if you also wanted them to have the original faction color you could set it in the unit_variants_colours table.

It all seems to be working fine. Got I working with legionaires armies mod kaziels romans and radious soooo alll goood.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarmy View Post
    @Chinaski
    Ahh yeah, almost forgot about that. The armed_citizens table lists those units, if you took them out then the other factions who use those units would have weak garrisons. Messing with that vanilla table might be more trouble than its worth.
    An alternative would be to make clones of the vanilla units you wanted to add, then if you also wanted them to have the original faction color you could set it in the unit_variants_colours table.
    Yeah I'll probably just remove them from the armed_citizen tab (only after I have conquered them so it doesn't affect gameplay!). Concerning the colors, could you advise me (or point me toward a resource you know, maybe) about what I need to change in order to retain original faction colors of your new units?

Cheers,

@Chinaski
    Look in the AARE pack file for an example, the AARE_unit_variants_colours table. You add an entry there for each unit you want to use, and then refer to the AARE_faction_uniform_colours table inside the pack itself (steam version has this), for what the RGB values are.

for some reason the hypaspists only show up for macedon and not epirus???

my mistake

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Hi Smarmy I've tested your units in campaign. Since Athens get them it's hard to beat and that's good but there's something that's going wrong. EPILEKTOI PHALANGITAI are TOO strong, sir. I've faced them with an epirote Pike units and they put them into panick with 0 casualties. At last they won the single fight without any losses and Killing more than 50 of my soldiers. Then thay attacked another my unit and still make the same without losses. I'm going to (try to) fix it by myself...but I would notice you for better balance in the next upgrade. thanks!

Just loaded the game up myself, sent 3 units of Epilektoi phalangitai against 3 units of royal pikemen and the Epilektoi melted in about 15 seconds, I was worried that switching their shields down made them too weak and it appears to be the case, at least in my game. Do yours still have the large aspis shields? I'm running close combat gold.

Hi Smarmy, I'm running battles on Lines of battle medium size mods (of course also your units are sized to 240, not a problem of "number of men"). I've tweaked a little bit their statts (morale lowered to 65, melee attack/defence 34-20...not sure of these numbers...but at last I think you can -if you believe it necessary- them better than me!) and I was able to have challenge against them with a normale phalanx during siege of athens. At last I' ve beaten them with another hoplitai unit charging them totheir back. Hard to win but more realistic. Other units (epilektoi hoplitai for example) work great. And I've also appreciated a lot you've chosen the greek names, really!

So Sammy, any new projects?

New projects? No, not atm. I'm still working on MPRE at the moment, it has most of my attention. The TWC versions of AARE and MPRE are getting rather far behind the ones on the workshop, making revisions there is much easier. I may eventually get SARE and EARE on there as well, but that will be after I at least get unit cards for them. The modder who made the AARE cards has made some SARE ones I think, I don't know if they're finished so I'll have to ask. I'm digging into photoshop at the moment and having a bit of a crash course in texture editing, to see if I can jerry rig to an acceptable quality some bronze arm and leg guards, as well as retexturing some of the iron scale eastern armors. That's a big IF though, using photoshop is almost completely new to me, and if I can't reverse engineer some of the bronze textures CA has done then this will likely be beyond my skill set.

I support this expansion. Some minor conflicts with EEP, but nothing major.

Updated the mediafire versions of SARE and AARE to catch them up to steam workshop versions, no original post changes.

I love this cuz every unit has an individual look, not like other unit packs which have like 4 different armor types/helmets in one unit)

Slight post revision, and all 3 mediafire links updated as per the most recent workshop versions. Steam workshop users report that all mods are working fine with beta patch 7, I have not personally been able to get patch 7 to work however, and that's with all mods disabled.

If I can run them...everyone should be able..since my past-present troubles ah ah thanks sir

can somebody help me?
    i don't know why but i can't load the royal marines and the marines for athens.

they are sea units i think mate

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast