Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: BETTER WATER III HD

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Default BETTER WATER III HD

The "BETTER WATER" serie is back!! For the few of you who don't know this mod, or never played/used it before and i mean in previous RTW and M22 versions, BETTER WATER is a work focused to improve, in a gigantic way (and i bold gigantic) the quality of the water you can see on the strategical and battle maps.

This is a work in progress, what you will see now or next MAY not be the final product you will download. But luckily i already had some very good results!! Here the strategic map:

Vanilla map, more or less, looked like this at full detail (random screenshot taken from Google)

BETTER WATER III map, extreme setting (new color new simulated sea water movement etc. etc.)

Also i added small water reflections just to the shores and not present in vanilla map. Here how they look like

.....and here

UPDATE: Alexandria of Egypt, sun light and shore reflections on the water surface (map view rotated, "Q" keyboard button)

Hope you will appreciate my efforts, stay tuned, ciao!!!!!
    Last edited by DAVIDE; October 06, 2013 at 09:25 PM.

Default Re: BETTER WATER III HD

Great work bro, can't wait

tHANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT :-)

TheCenturion24's Avatar Semisalis

Holy crap that looks better, looking forward to this one!

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

We'll this is one modder I am very happy to see Your previous mods are exceptional and I use them all in rome ant mtw2. I love the new campaign map, but the water is disappointing. You have rep for showing up. Your initial results are great, and I have one question.

Will you be able to keep the swells as opposed to a glass like appearance offshore?

Alexandria of Egypt, sun light and shore reflections on the water surface (map view rotated, "Q" keyboard button)

First post updated

Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver View Post
    We'll this is one modder I am very happy to see Your previous mods are exceptional and I use them all in rome ant mtw2. I love the new campaign map, but the water is disappointing. You have rep for showing up. Your initial results are great, and I have one question.

Will you be able to keep the swells as opposed to a glass like appearance offshore?
    Ok let me explain those reflections. They are not vivid and glassy like in BW1, or lesser marked but always present like you see in BW2. In BW3, close to the shores, they are visible just in some circumstances, like the scroll view used by the player (closer the view is, better rendered and bigger are the reflections for example). Reflections are invisible in case of:

A) Open sea, no shores nearby (if map is Q rotated, you will see just small sunlight reflections on the water surface at direction of the sun. Nothing else)
    B) Map rotation used as anticipated in point B
    C) Shores located at N and covered by the position. Example, my first post first picture delta of Nile, no reflections at the top. But this thing changes whenever you rotate the view pressing E or Q
    D) reflections do not share or influence the wave movement. They are both indipendent the one from the other.

This is how it works for now, i have to study the architecture used by CA in this game. It's just a day i learnt how to edit Rome 2. As i said, it is a work in progress. This is my first mod since Med2. Result is very very good in my opinion
    Last edited by DAVIDE; October 06, 2013 at 09:56 PM.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

looks great, just a pity I don't use R2TW at all
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

wow! This I need to get! It look really beautiful. Does this affect to performance of game?

looking very impressive, this might become something people just have to use regardless of their other mods, is there any fps hit?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Noif de Bodemloze♔ View Post
    wow! This I need to get! It look really beautiful. Does this affect to performance of game?
    No. For now im using the default technology you use in the game . Even the size of textures is the same.
    Last edited by DAVIDE; October 07, 2013 at 04:31 AM.

Really impressive work, definitely one of the best visual changes I've seen so far. The vanilla map looks far too cartoon-ish for a game simulating ancient empire-building and realistic large-scale warfare. This really matures everything right up. Any ETA on release?

GreatĦĦ

Wow nice work, looks far better than the vanilla one!
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan_warrior View Post
    It is clear that many of those around here spouting their wisdom about how CA hates modding and is intentionally preventing mods have not tried using the Assembly Kit, or even looked at its capabilities. If they have they would realize their idiotic statements are false.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Ok let me explain those reflections. They are not vivid and glassy like in BW1, or lesser marked but always present like you see in BW2. In BW3, close to the shores, they are visible just in some circumstances, like the scroll view used by the player (closer the view is, better rendered and bigger are the reflections for example). Reflections are invisible in case of:

A) Open sea, no shores nearby (if map is Q rotated, you will see just small sunlight reflections on the water surface at direction of the sun. Nothing else)
    B) Map rotation used as anticipated in point B
    C) Shores located at N and covered by the position. Example, my first post first picture delta of Nile, no reflections at the top. But this thing changes whenever you rotate the view pressing E or Q
    D) reflections do not share or influence the wave movement. They are both indipendent the one from the other.

This is how it works for now, i have to study the architecture used by CA in this game. It's just a day i learnt how to edit Rome 2. As i said, it is a work in progress. This is my first mod since Med2. Result is very very good in my opinion
    This is great news. I noticed a series of waves on the first screenshot, are you looking at optimising or adding waves, splashes and foam? I have been increasing these and love the big splash and foam as the water hits the cliffs. I haven't altered waves in any way, except to see what the non used settings are and how large they can become. The inwards and outwards direction settings only seem to run from left to right from memory, and was probably why they have them set as false.

Dont expect to see something like the battle map because its almost impossible. If i find the text files related to them, i could try to increase the ratio and frequency of waves

The default texture contained foam but vanilla sea looked quite pathetic anyway. So i dont think im going to put them being textures moving from left to right in the strategic map. I could improve some other aspect yes but not this i think (foam )
    Last edited by DAVIDE; October 07, 2013 at 10:06 AM.

My god. I've never felt sexually attracted to water.....until now.

I think your water looks great, especially the reflections from cities. This is something I don't think we've ever seen before in TW.

Is there any way to shift the color a little away from red and towards green? I'm playing Shogun 2 at the moment on my other monitor, and looking at them side by side your's looks a bit purplish while Shogun has a fairly natural color. Though the texture on your water puts Shogun to shame.

Can we have this please? :O :O

Sweet! Looks really nice, didn't notice the missing reflections but now I can't wait for it to come out.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast