Thread: Battles speed

Default Battles speed

Thank u very much for this mod, it's absolutely pretty. Even more being a Bernard Cornwell reader. Yet didn't play with Arthur's Dumnonia because it's too much responsabiity. Instead, I'm inmersed in a (by now) successful campaign with the riders of Elmet-Rohan.

I've suffered a couple of after battle CTD, but I can live with that.The only thing I would like to see changed is battle speed. I'm an almost exclusive EB player, and battle speed is much slower in EB. I've had to bring back the Pause bottom with your mod, otherwise I'm uncapable to see what's happening in the battle. Casualties are also faster. Just curiosity, don't see it like if I were asking for it but, is there any possiblity of reducing speed battles in future patches?. Anyway, nobody in the forum has made any mention about this question, so maybe I'm the only who think so and you should just ignore me.

Once again, thank you.

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

Default Re: Battles speed

Thanks for your feedback

I don't think we will reduce vitess, it would implies again a complete rework of those really good unit stats and such. And some people reported that battles are too slow for them, its personnal taste... I do use pause button a lot too!

Can you give more details about those CTDs?

Campidoctor

The battles were a bit too fast for my taste too, both movement speeds and kill rates and reaching the end of battle, but I figured there might still be more balancing to be done since it's only version 0.61. I suppose you could always add the movement speed modifier mod somewhere in the downloads around here, although I think that kind of messes up fatigue and charges. And it still doesn't make kill rates slower, but meh. Maybe some more changes will come throughout development.

I think unit speeds are fast compared to EB maybe, but kill speeds and battles themselves are quite slow IMO. Maybe with regular troops they are fast, but try a battle between two elite units, they can take a very long time to start dieing.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II