Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: TWH Unit Packs: M.E.P patch 17 || S.A.P patch 17|| M.H.F patch 17 ||| SYRACUSE BONUS PACK patch 17 |||

koultouras's Avatar Πέος

Default Re: TWH UnitPack: M.E.P(Macedonia/Epirus/Pontus) V1.0 RELEASED!

I think the M.E.P abbrevation needs an S somewhere there.

It will stand for both "special" and "seleucids"

The last is self explanatory i think
    the "special" should stand for the special treatment MEP pack got during these weeks.

I am glad to announce the incorporation of 5 new made skins(and who knows until release how many shall be added)
    Skins that dont alter the vanilla files and that portray with the best way we can a hellenistic tone

what you shall see
    (in either new MEP or SAP since lately i took over the dev of SAP as well continuing the great work Alkimachos has done on Athens)
    is 3 new sets of linothoraces
    1 new set of cuirasses and additional cataphract arm-armour

so stand by people

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

All sound fantastic look forward to seeing them. Will all unit names be in Greek, or at least latinised Koine? That would be a nice finishing touch

koultouras's Avatar Πέος

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    All sound fantastic look forward to seeing them. Will all unit names be in Greek, or at least latinised Koine? That would be a nice finishing touch
    hehe... i am an ancient greek teacher
    tell me about it...
    I initially tried to have the names written in ancient greek.
    With all the tensions and proper symbols.
    But the game engine does not support greek. so a latinised mix would be mostly possible.

Ziem's Avatar Civis

Koultouras, Did you use the vanilla main unit file and added your units?

koultouras's Avatar Πέος

Quote Originally Posted by Ziem View Post
    Koultouras, Did you use the vanilla main unit file and added your units?
    what do you mean....?
    are you refering to the new skins i made , or to the m.e.p.'s units as a whole?

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

5 new units have been added to the Seleucid roster and we are near the completion of the Seleucid pack.We are testing the units right now actually
    Prepare yourselves for the missing units of the Seleucid roster and pure visual awesomeness....
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

I'm prepared

Ziem's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by koultouras View Post
    what do you mean....?
    are you refering to the new skins i made , or to the m.e.p.'s units as a whole?
    I mean, I was looking at the main_units_tables with pfm and saw that you left all the vanilla units from other factions in and added yours at the bottom. The reason I ask this; maybe you can delete all the entries in that file you don't use so it wont clash with other mods that for example change other factions like the Romans.

Z

καλησπερα παιδες! first of all congratulations for your job and most of all because of your effort to be historically accurate. thats what tw is all about. i reallize that you have dedicated a lot of your free time to this project and if anything, no one could ask from you more. as a rtw and history fan i can see the game itself lacks a lot of things but most importantly unit roster diversity and excpt romans & celts super heavy melee infantry. you have done a great job on that, as i have seen by playing macedonia and pontus. you ve taken them one level up. especially pontus, although i was never a fan is incredible. it would be a shame if thh seleucids weren't upgrated accordingly. so hellenic kataphracts should be a lot like pontic lancers and i believe that the seleucid elite melee unit could be like pontic lancers on foot carrying a xifos not a kopis the shield and having armourd hand/hands like the armoured legeonaries. lastly the only things i don't enjoy are although historically correct the plain white shield and the silver and gold thorax. they look a little falce or too shiny and flashy. as for colours i think the macedonian vanilla colours are the most accurate and balanced and that this oversaturated bleu-purple that atheneans ptolemeans and seleucids have is hidious if you agree. one last thing, a nice add to the game would be the metal plate thorax and the sharp edged paragnathides frygean type helmet. thank you for your patience, just trying to help

beos777's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by DoulKarnein View Post
    καλησπερα παιδες! first of all congratulations for your job and most of all because of your effort to be historically accurate. thats what tw is all about. i reallize that you have dedicated a lot of your free time to this project and if anything, no one could ask from you more. as a rtw and history fan i can see the game itself lacks a lot of things but most importantly unit roster diversity and excpt romans & celts super heavy melee infantry. you have done a great job on that, as i have seen by playing macedonia and pontus. you ve taken them one level up. especially pontus, although i was never a fan is incredible. it would be a shame if thh seleucids weren't upgrated accordingly. so hellenic kataphracts should be a lot like pontic lancers and i believe that the seleucid elite melee unit could be like pontic lancers on foot carrying a xifos not a kopis the shield and having armourd hand/hands like the armoured legeonaries. lastly the only things i don't enjoy are although historically correct the plain white shield and the silver and gold thorax. they look a little falce or too shiny and flashy. as for colours i think the macedonian vanilla colours are the most accurate and balanced and that this oversaturated bleu-purple that atheneans ptolemeans and seleucids have is hidious if you agree. one last thing, a nice add to the game would be the metal plate thorax and the sharp edged paragnathides frygean type helmet. thank you for your patience, just trying to help
    Thank you fellow Greek for your kind words. It is our common line, we are not working on vanilla units. We create new ones. As for the seleucid roster, we are working on it, we have create a roster which we believe is historical accurate. As for this new armour, you re proposing, i dont know if Koultouras can do that. Thanks again mate.

koultouras's Avatar Πέος

Quote Originally Posted by Ziem View Post
    I mean, I was looking at the main_units_tables with pfm and saw that you left all the vanilla units from other factions in and added yours at the bottom. The reason I ask this; maybe you can delete all the entries in that file you don't use so it wont clash with other mods that for example change other factions like the Romans.

Z
    oops i didnt knew i could only add MEP's units....thanks for that...
    i will try this in the next version....

Question why is Athens marked as done but isn't listed in faction lists or any units with it

Quote Originally Posted by jedi7000nathan View Post
    Question why is Athens marked as done but isn't listed in faction lists or any units with it
    Well the roster is ready concerning the models, the reason is late is that an extra polishing of the stats and moreover an introduction of new skins that will replace some vanilla ones in under development along with the already released units.
    There was also a decision that first pack of Macedon, Epirus and Pontus will be enhanced and Seleucids will be added as an extra in this enhancement.So the version 1.1 of MEP will be released first and Athens which will be enhanced as well, they will follow.

Few words for the Athenian roster.
    Our additions will emphasize on giving Athens a variety of new historical units, that will boost up her dynamic in all levels.This boost will be focusing on infantry mostly.
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Any pics of the Athenians?

I was looking for a realistic greek unit pack and was despairing until i found this one. Good job guys, there is still some tw players who cares about history.

Quote Originally Posted by Brune View Post
    Any pics of the Athenians?

I was looking for a realistic greek unit pack and was despairing until i found this one. Good job guys, there is still some tw players who cares about history.
    Well I am not eager to post the Athenian units yet before the incorporation of the new skins, after that be sure I ll post some before the whole preview
    Luís de Camões

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

Unfortunately your mod doesn't work. Neither from manual download nor through Steam Workshop. I can see the mod to checked in the mod manager (both Mitch's and official one) but the units do not appear on any of the rosters. I am have a similar issue with another unit pack.

All other unit backs I use work. Just not yours. I cannot find anything that should be conflicting with your mod.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Celtic.
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Celtichugs123 View Post
    Unfortunately your mod doesn't work. Neither from manual download nor through Steam Workshop. I can see the mod to checked in the mod manager (both Mitch's and official one) but the units do not appear on any of the rosters. I am have a similar issue with another unit pack.

All other unit backs I use work. Just not yours. I cannot find anything that should be conflicting with your mod.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Celtic.
    I think koultouras is working in disassociating some vanila files with the unit pack so no problems will occur with the release of the enhanced version of TWH MEP pack.(perhaps in 2-3 days)
    Upon that you should add that the pack will have the new Seleucid units as well.
    Luís de Camões

Great news indeed.
    Άριστη δεν μπορεί να περιμένει. ευχαριστίες

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Will the seleucids have the chrysaspides?(golden shields)

Originally Posted by Polybius 30.25Games celebrated by Antiochus IV

25 This same king when he heard of the games celebrated in Macedonia by Aemilius Paullus the Roman general, ambitious of surpassing Paullus in magnificence sent out embassies and sacred missions to the towns to announce the games he was about to give at Daphne, so that people in Greece were very eager to visit Antioch then. 2 The festival opened with a procession composed as follows: 3 It was headed by five thousand men in the prime of life armed after the Roman fashion and wearing breastplates of chain-armour. Next came five thousand Mysians, 4 and immediately behind them three thousand Cilicians armed in the manner of light infantry, wearing gold crowns. 5 Next came three thousand Thracians and five thousand Gauls. They were followed by twenty thousand Macedonians of whom ten thousand bore golden shields, five thousand brazen shields and the rest silver shields. 6 Next marched two hundred and fifty pairs of gladiators, and behind them a thousand horsemen from Nisa and three thousand from Antioch itself, most of whom had crowns and trappings of gold and the rest trappings of silver. Next to these came the so‑called "companion cavalry," numbering about a thousand, all with gold trappings, and next the regiment of "royal friends" of equal number and similarly accoutred; next a thousand picked horse followed by the so‑called "agema", supposed to be the crack cavalry corps, numbering about a thousand. Last of all marched the "cataphract" or mailed horse, the horses and men being armed in complete mail, as the name indicated. All the above wore purple surcoats in many cases embroidered with gold and heraldic designs. 11 Next came a hundred chariots drawn by six horses and forty drawn by four horses, and then a chariot drawn by four elephants and another drawn by a pair, and finally thirty-six elephants in single file with their housings.

12 It is a difficult task to describe the rest of the procession but I must attempt to give its main features. About eight hundred young men wearing gold crowns made part of it as well as about a thousand fat cattle and nearly three hundred cows presented by the various sacred missions and eight hundred ivory tusks. 13 The vast quantity of images it is impossible to enumerate. For representations of all the gods and spirits mentioned or worshipped by men and of all the heroes were carried along, some gilded and others draped in garments embroidered with gold, and they were all accompanied by representations executed in precious materials of the myths relating to them as traditionally narrated. 15 Behind them came images of Night and Day, of Earth and Heaven, and of Dawn and Midday. 16 The quantity of gold and silver plate may be estimated from what follows. The slaves of one of the royal "friends," Dionysius, the private secretary, marched along carrying articles of silver plate none of them weighing less than a thousand drachmae, 17 and six hundred of the king's own slaves went by bearing articles of gold plate. Next there were about two hundred women sprinkling the crowd with perfumes from golden urns, 18 and these were followed by eighty women seated in litters with golden feet and five hundred in litters with silver feet, all richly dressed. 19 Such were the more remarkable features of the procession.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Concerning chrysaspides, we haven't found substantial information concerning the nature of this aforementioned unit by Polybius.
    From the material i have gathered (mostly Bar-Kochva and N Sekunda) it seems that these were part of the phalanx that have polished or painted their shields in a manner to give the impression of "gold" and not a special unit itself.
    Luís de Camões