Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: TWH Unit Packs: M.E.P patch 17 || S.A.P patch 17|| M.H.F patch 17 ||| SYRACUSE BONUS PACK patch 17 |||

Default Re: TWH Unit Packs:M.E.P v.1.65(Macedon/Epirus/Pontus/Seleucids)& S.A.P v.1.5(Sparta/Athens/Ptolemies+BACTRIAN BONUS PACK) RELEASED!!!

AWESOOOMEEEE!!!!

koultouras's Avatar Πέος

Default Re: TWH Unit Packs:M.E.P v.1.65(Macedon/Epirus/Pontus/Seleucids)& S.A.P v.1.5(Sparta/Athens/Ptolemies+BACTRIAN BONUS PACK) RELEASED!!!

you can now all "spam our thread" with your pictures (not only bactrian ones please)
    this finalizes our 2 packs (ofc updates shall come, but the main and initial goal -M.E.P. & S.A.P. development-is achieved)

After 70 new units and almost 60 new skins i feel i need a little break
    we are currently deciding on our next pack, which will be the last one we do.

but as said it will take a while before begining the next and our final pack

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

oh yes

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Brilliant pictures and great to see release, I am still curious where Kataphrahtoi are?
    What pack are you currenty considering doing in future? Have you several thoughts or just might do another if time and enthusiasm allow

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    Brilliant pictures and great to see release, I am still curious where Kataphrahtoi are?
    What pack are you currenty considering doing in future? Have you several thoughts or just might do another if time and enthusiasm allow
    There are 2 cataphract units in the pack.
    Sogdian Hippeis are the semi-nomad cataphracts and Raja's hippeis are a melee cataphract unit (without armoured horse though)
    The vanilla roster also has hellenic cataphracts therefore you have 3 cataphract units!

@Dramabelli
    We are anticipating your screens mate!!!
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Oh I haven't seen vanilla kataphraktoi are they any good?

Oh I haven't seen vanilla kataphraktoi are they any good?
    They are pretty neat!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Not bad are they, bit of purple and bronze, boots and boitian helmets we'd be happy

Thanks guys for all your hard work!

P.S. Will you ever add historically accurate units to Carthage?

I have bigger dreams than qart-adast, the possibility of the hugely anticipated modding tools may make possible new cities and factions like the Aiotolian league, Hasmoneans, Indians, Kommagne that might draw TWH attention back this way.
    But anyway for now thank you for these incredible units that make playing this otherwise flawed game worth it

koultouras's Avatar Πέος

here they are
    Raja's Hippeis fully clad in 3 lamelar versions and one scaled

Sogdian Hippeis fully clad in 3 lamelar versions and one scaled

@Axaios
    as said we are curently discussing what will our next pack be.
    atm we are leaning towards a minor hellenistic factions' pack, but that could as well include carthage
    Since carthage has had some nice overhauls, we might though not bother with them.

That said, i need to stress out that nothing is still clear nor is decided.

Qart-Hadasht please and if possible also iberians. You have already done so much to improve the hellenic nations. It's time to bring other culture(s) up to the same level.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

what a brilliant job men!

MAster.Mind: about iberians you can check the excellent mod "Iberos" by Miri82, available here and in the steam workshop (also included in radious unit packs)

koultouras's Avatar Πέος

Quote Originally Posted by Master.Mind View Post
    Qart-Hadasht please and if possible also iberians. You have already done so much to improve the hellenic nations. It's time to bring other culture(s) up to the same level.
    Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    what a brilliant job men!

MAster.Mind: about iberians you can check the excellent mod "Iberos" by Miri82, available here and in the steam workshop (also included in radious unit packs)
    our main goal and concern was, still is, and will be to provide what we think R2tw is lacking
    Greek States DLC was just an "unlocking" of the factions with random , totaly not customized and not adjusted on each one of the factions' needs update and nothing more to me.
    I dont blame CA for this, afterall imho R2tw is the best of the series so far.
    But lets face it, they didnt pay the attention needed on the greek culture pack.

We counter proposed our version of what that DLC should look like, and i like to think M.E.P. and S.A.P. as the "real greek states dlc".
    We still are focusing on Hellenistic factions
    Why?
    Lol in case not noticed, all TWH_UP members are greeks
    in case not noticed this was the 1st modding effort that was delevoped within the 1st dedicated to TW series greek site.
    and lastly in case not noticed cause we were troubled when seeing CA not achieving what we really wanted from the factions with direct
    links to greek/hellenistic history

Accurately portraying warfare and equippment of the hellenistic armies is the main concern
    So yes, i agree with Dramabelli, if there are packs that cover this field, another twh_pack doing this would be probably redundant.

Furthermore we really need to do things that we are familiarized with , or things we know, or things we researched extensively for.
    Carthage and Rome may be needing some touches, but none of our team is that much accustomed with roman/carthaginian warfare.

Thus we may never touch those factions.(unless in future proper guidance from other members come ,... who knows)
    I understand your anticipation, but we always need to do things correctly, and we try to avoid those that are not our "expertise".

Once again to make it clear.
    Hellenistic factions are and remain our goal.
    However i could not even swear that it will be the only, since we havent yet decided the next pack.

I was expecting an answer like this, but one can always hope.

I think Koultouras covered pretty much the whole team view with his post.

As you can see the majority of our units has taken in consideration academic and scholarly work on the field-we have even used archaelogical evidence in order to justify the looks of the units because the team is dedicated to a realistic representation of the hellenistic armies- and their diversity- as well as to include the multitude of regional Greek troops which were left out from the game.

The presentation of the units has been done according to what we have come up with from our material and not our liking or the coolness although cool results have been ensured by the creative touch of Koultouras.

We have been enjoying doing the pack so far and I must say that I have enjoyed all the campaigns and custom battles I have done in testing them.

I wish you good playing and enjoy our work!

Any feedback is appreciated!!!
    Luís de Camões

maxstill's Avatar Semisalis

How about some minor faction units, like hoplites specific for each city (or region), kinda like the RS team did for Rome I, that would be pretty awesome.

beos777's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by maxstill View Post
    How about some minor faction units, like hoplites specific for each city (or region), kinda like the RS team did for Rome I, that would be pretty awesome.
    Hello mate. You must understand that in our era the hoplite way was not used by most of the Hellenic armies . Most of the Hellenic states, had done many reforms in their army based on Iphicrates Phalanx, the macedonian way, the many influences with the celtic invasion and of course the Romans. Even Sparta made reforms. At the battle of Sellasia against the Macedonians, Spartan army was similar with the Macedonian. They had phalanx, cavalry and skirmishers. Only the king's bodyguard fought as hoplites.

So my answer is no, we are not going to create hoplite units for example hoplites from Thespiea, from corinth, thebes etc.

maxstill's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by beos777 View Post
    Hello mate. You must understand that in our era the hoplite way was not used by most of the Hellenic armies . Most of the Hellenic states, had done many reforms in their army based on Iphicrates Phalanx, the macedonian way, the many influences with the celtic invasion and of course the Romans. Even Sparta made reforms. At the battle of Sellasia against the Macedonians, Spartan army was similar with the Macedonian. They had phalanx, cavalry and skirmishers. Only the king's bodyguard fought as hoplites.

So my answer is no, we are not going to create hoplite units for example hoplites from Thespiea, from corinth, thebes etc.
    Yes it is within my understanding that the hoplite was not the main force used during the era, most of the Hellenic States had undergone reforms focusing themselvs on mainly pikemen and phalangitae, as well as the Theuros, a mainly romanized style of infantry.
    However, the hoplite was not extinct, still acting as a heavy force, just like you said acting as retinues for commanders and officers, the new reformed Theuros infantry was much more mobile than the old hoplite but lacked the armor and staying power in the engagement, mostly used to flank while the main core was formed out of phalanxes.
    I was not suggesting the Corinthian Hoplites or other types of classical hoplites since most of the former Greek city States were not existant anymore, most of them joined specific leagues in order to survive or were included in several of the kingdoms around.
    Though several of them did manage to maintain somewhat independence, like Milētos for example, new reformed units specific for certain minor factions , that would be my suggestion, my mistake by naming them hoplites, in reality they were still levied in the same way as the ancient hoplite, but here a problem of interpretation arises, the hoplite meant that the respective soldier was using the hoplon, the double coated round shield, but that piece of equipament was scraped in the favour of the thureos shield which added mobility as it was much lighter, despite this fact they still maintained the name of hoplites due to the nature of their recruitament wich was still the same.
    Here is a link to the RS II forums wich showcases the late hellenistic hoplites in the same timeframe of RTW II, keep in mind these are late hellenistic hoplites specific to the era.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ISTIC-HOPLITES

wonder if its compatible with that Graphic enhancement mod or with Bulgod new unit cards one ? this mega unit pack and the previous mentioned is all what an hellenophil needs.
    Last edited by Kranos; December 16, 2013 at 09:10 AM.