Thread: Bardiya = Gaumāta?

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Icon1 Bardiya = Gaumāta?

ROP3 is still alive, and i asked for Nero to let me help them, so i am now a member of ROP
    So i have started to see their quotes, and decided to make some quotes myself for the mod, for i have Cyropaedia and Histories.
    While making my quotes i came across the story of the false Bardiya, this Gaumāta. Also in the inscription of Darius, he says that there was a false Bardiya, so he had to kill him. I decided to had the quote of the false Bardiya because it is in the inscription of Darius, so it makes as a historical quote, but i honestly believe in the theory of the modern scholars, that this story is a lie, made by Darius to justify his seizure of the throne.

Do you guys agree on the scholars theory, or in the Darius Inscription?

Default Re: Bardiya = Gaumāta?

An interesting topic! Certainly there's no consensus on what really happened, as the only evidence lies in Darius' inscriptions and the Greek versions of the story, both ultimately derived from the same 'official' accounts of what happened. Personally I would like to think Darius' account was true. There's also the fact that he gained legitimacy by marrying Atossa; I would find hard to believe she wouldn't have opposed him had he murdered his brothers. This article may interest you, it deals with the details of what is known.

Indefinitely Banned

Darius was a mad psychopath killer. look at Behistun inscription to know his evilry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekowiāt View Post
    An interesting topic! Certainly there's no consensus on what really happened, as the only evidence lies in Darius' inscriptions and the Greek versions of the story, both ultimately derived from the same 'official' accounts of what happened. Personally I would like to think Darius' account was true. There's also the fact that he gained legitimacy by marrying Atossa; I would find hard to believe she wouldn't have opposed him had he murdered his brothers. This article may interest you, it deals with the details of what is known.
    I agree very well said
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyKhusro View Post
    Darius was a mad psychopath killer. look at Behistun inscription to know his evilry.
    this is just too much 300, start reading history, watching movies won't help
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out