Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any AI Sub-Mods For This? I Have A Feeling Battles Will Be To Easy

Icon5 Any AI Sub-Mods For This? I Have A Feeling Battles Will Be To Easy

I have conquered 2 cities so far, though the enemy army I was fighting was slightly larger in both battles, I still won. Will the battles get a lot harder? The AI makes a lot more stacks then you can make right?

Default Re: Any AI Sub-Mods For This? I Have A Feeling Battles Will Be To Easy

The enemy army was actually slightly smaller in both battles and I still won. Will the battles get a lot harder as the campaign progresses and the AI has a lot more stacks of armies? I hope so, I hate playing easy campaigns that don't challenge me at all, I am playing on Very Hard/Very Hard so I hope it will get difficult later on.

Can someone please tell me their experience playing on this difficulty? Was it ever challenging?

I found it pretty easy with most factions since you're able to outmaneuver the ai no matter the difficulty levels. The only timesI struggled was when playing the Pale Knights and Privateers. Both of those were because of the hostile neighbors overwhelming me with spam stacks.

I have been losing some battles but they are mostly battles when I am outnumbered, I need to find a mod that has really smart AI, any suggestions?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

ReallyBadAI is one mod.

Are you sure? THERA is not in the list of compatible mods for that.

How would I install the AI mod for THERA then? It is not in the list of supported mods, how do you know it will work?

Is ReallyBad AI the only advanced AI sub mod?

It's a sad truth but battles in Medieval 2 Total War and its mods are never going to be truly challenging, since even with mods the AI is only so good. It will only be difficult if you're operating at a handicap against the AI.

Some mods create this situation by giving the AI tons of extra money letting them spam huge armies, but honestly I find that makes the game a tedious grind of same-ish battles over and over again.

Your other options are to either handicap yourself (fielding only 2/3rd or half-stack armies, for example) or, in this mod, to play factions with weaker rosters. That's that option I'd pick, actually, if I wanted a challenge, and in this mod it's pretty easy since there is such a vast variety of armies available. If you play the Faustians with their rifles, pikes, greatsword wielding shocktroops and heavy lancers, you'll have a vastly easier time than if you play the Paynal who have to rely on poorly equipped melee infantry. There are also lots of in-between options, faction-wise. I'd experiment a bit, try out different factions, and try to find one that gives you a good challenge on the battle-map.

Quote Originally Posted by Iguanaonastick View Post
    It's a sad truth but battles in Medieval 2 Total War and its mods are never going to be truly challenging, since even with mods the AI is only so good. It will only be difficult if you're operating at a handicap against the AI.

Some mods create this situation by giving the AI tons of extra money letting them spam huge armies, but honestly I find that makes the game a tedious grind of same-ish battles over and over again.

Your other options are to either handicap yourself (fielding only 2/3rd or half-stack armies, for example) or, in this mod, to play factions with weaker rosters. That's that option I'd pick, actually, if I wanted a challenge, and in this mod it's pretty easy since there is such a vast variety of armies available. If you play the Faustians with their rifles, pikes, greatsword wielding shocktroops and heavy lancers, you'll have a vastly easier time than if you play the Paynal who have to rely on poorly equipped melee infantry. There are also lots of in-between options, faction-wise. I'd experiment a bit, try out different factions, and try to find one that gives you a good challenge on the battle-map.
    I would rather successfully install an AI battle mod, I have a saved campaign as the Romuli but I haven't been playing the game because I want an AI battle mod. I have lost battles though, even when army strengths were almost evenly matched but the game will get a lot easier when I conquer more settlements and can make larger/better armies, I have been conquering settlements quickly, some of them being easy wins and not so well defended.
    Last edited by Decius101; October 23, 2013 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post

Thank you for the help, really appreciate it. Have you tried all these AI mods or some of them? Which one do you prefer? I would need to find instructions on how to do manual integration with RBAI and THERA. Do you mean manual integration as in selecting which scripts to enable on this? The G5 setup.

This is what I got when clicking on Therav4.

http://i.imgur.com/A4piae3.jpg
    Last edited by Decius101; October 23, 2013 at 07:17 PM.

Oh, by all means. Battle AI will still make battles more fun. But honestly, I've never found these mods to make that much of a difference. Sure, the AI will make less mistakes and be more interesting to fight, but it still isn't all that hard to beat it and it still makes a lot of mistakes.

The AI in M2 is terrible (which is why some people "jokingly" say that "CA" stands for "crappy AI"). The BAI mods can only do so much. The AI will not start to pound you into the ground once you install one.

Manual integration means you have to follow the instructions for combining the files provided by Germanicu5 with the ones of the mod you're playing. I think in your case you would have to check the box for "misc mods". There is a thread in the RBAI forum that tells you how to do a manual integration.

I tried getting the AI system to work but I get this error when I enable the misc mods addon and Hardcore add on. Does this message mean it will not work?

http://i.imgur.com/h2v2xJs.jpg

Did you import the various things the instructions mention?

Can you please link me to these instructions? I can't find them, their download was an installer file.
    Last edited by Decius101; November 01, 2013 at 03:45 PM.

Mikail Mengsk's Avatar Primicerius

AI mods can only slightly improve the AI. It's not easy to build an AI that can beat a decent human player, even for modern games, and M2TW is a bit old now. If you want a real challenge you have to "house rule" yourself (like not doing ye olde "hammer and anvil" and try something else like the Roman "mutatio") or try the multiplayer.

On a sidenote, i find that (in custom battles at least) the balance of some units is really off. I tried some battles with various factions and for example the Barka Sultanate can just field 3-4 elephant units and stomp everything into dust at a relatively cheap price.
    It's only after you have lost everything, that you are free to do anything.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Mild is anyone get the AI mod to work with thera and would be willing to share it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast