Thread: Too many gold and silver resources in Italy and Balkan Peninsula ?

Default Too many gold and silver resources in Italy and Balkan Peninsula ?

I am playing as Roman and find that I can build gold or silver mine nearly all my cities in Italy and newly conquered Macedonia settlements. I'm not very familiar with the geography of this area but I think it's a bit of unreality.

I think there should be much limited of such precious metal resources so that it can strengthen some cities‘ economic and strategic importance and make the game more interesting, right?

ImperialAquila's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Too many gold and silver resources in Italy and Balkan Peninsula ?

Not quite sure what you mean but the gold and silver resources on the campaign map are limited.

There are Gold/Silver mines in every city for every faction. They have always been available. But if you want to build them you need to make sure that a gold or silver resource is actually present in the region because if you do build them and there aren't any gold or silver around then it's a wasted investment and does nothing to improve your economy.

So building a lot of them doesn't really count much without the resource itself.

Thank you for reply, what I mean is that too many regions around this area possess Gold/Silver resources.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialAquila View Post
    There are Gold/Silver mines in every city for every faction. They have always been available. But if you want to build them you need to make sure that a gold or silver resource is actually present in the region because if you do build them and there aren't any gold or silver around then it's a wasted investment and does nothing to improve your economy.

So building a lot of them doesn't really count much without the resource itself.
    Eh...I don't think so. we can't build a mine in a region without any metal resources.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

You make a good point. That's one thing on the map that just 'came to us that way' and was never changed. However, in the next patch for RS2 there will be changes to mines, gold and silver resources, and how they are valued determined by what kind of city you choose to build in that region. There is going to be much more focus on the differences between 'Fortified' and 'Economic' cities, especially in the area of income and recruitment. So what you point out will change not only because changes will be made to the map, but to the value you can get out of resources depending on city type.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    You make a good point. That's one thing on the map that just 'came to us that way' and was never changed. However, in the next patch for RS2 there will be changes to mines, gold and silver resources, and how they are valued determined by what kind of city you choose to build in that region. There is going to be much more focus on the differences between 'Fortified' and 'Economic' cities, especially in the area of income and recruitment. So what you point out will change not only because changes will be made to the map, but to the value you can get out of resources depending on city type.
    That sounds great and is exactly what I hope !

Thank you, dvk. You and the RS team have made such a master piece and still keep improving it to a perfect degree!