Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v2.0 (Patch 17)

Default Re: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v1.5 (Fully updated patch 5 10/18/13)

@Sonata Ode if you are using other mods that affect units and technologies then these will have issues. I will check to make sure I uploaded the properly.

@ Helmersen These are compatible with the Carthage mod. Simply download the Carthage startpos file and use the 2 or 4 tpy version included. Then, get one of these mods.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Blitzkrieg80's Avatar Miles

Default Re: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v1.5 (Fully updated patch 5 10/18/13)

Ok I am using your 4TPY file in my TheDuBMod and crediting you... AWESOME - thanks! (also using your wonderful x2Tech Mod)

I noticed that the Growth factor are all whole integers, Dresden... know anything about it? I'm wondering if decimals are just rounded because of that... have you tested to see if decimals are preserved?

then I'll try to put them first without other mods installed, and see if there are any changes.

The decimals round I am fairly certain, at least the way I make the mod. I apply an expression to all the rows at once.

I have the same results, well I have a question. Is mod manager a stable version? I noticed that only movie packs are working for me,, Well thanks anyways, but I'll try again I'm not satisfied with the 1tpy of CA actually making it in a fast pace drags the game down for me,

Try using the Mod versions with the in game Mod Manager. The should work if you don't have other mods that use the same tables. If these don't work, try the ones I uploaded on Steam Workshop.
    Last edited by Dresden; October 19, 2013 at 09:52 PM.

ooh,, so that's the in-game mod manager, sorry for the inconvenience, I just bought the game so I never thought that CA will create something like in-game mod manager and I'm used to try mods with twcenter's mod manager, thanks a lot for the enlightenment, well how about movie packs? will they activate automatically? even if they don't appear in the mod manager(CA)?

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!

You have double and triple checked the values before posting though right? lol

Thanks!

@Sonata Ode I believe movie packs still work even though they don't show in the mod manager. I could be wrong, though.

@Octavian21 I hope so! If you find something that is wrong please report it and I will change it.

First: Sry for my bad english Second: I wondering why the Movement Mod still won´t work in a new Campaign. A screen of my Mod-Manager: Movement-Mod with Top-Priority. But even if i delete all the others mods in that list, which causes conflicts, the 1. Legion in a new rome-Campaign can easily conquer Velathri, which is the same movementrange like in Vanilla. The Research / Recruitment-Mod works as intended. Note: I try it with the new Patch 5. Thanks a lot ! Mfg Ego

@Egonorm If you load it in that priority it should work, it might have a conflict with another mod though. You could try to click "Fix Any Problems."

Also, with the new in-game Mod Manager there are issues using the old one. Try using the Rome 2 launcher Mod Manager to run the mod and see if that helps. To use the in game launcher, Run Rome 2 and click Mod Manager. Then, check the box next to the mod.
    Last edited by Dresden; October 20, 2013 at 08:27 PM.

Default Re: Build, Research, Recruitment and Cost Mods for 2TPY/4TPY v1.1 (patch 4 beta 10/5/13)

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I have been testing the recruitment versions of these mods, and it seems that the AI has trouble recruiting when it takes more than a turn. Some factions will form stacks, but others seem to barely build armies up when it takes multiple turns to recruit. I am going to switch to the ones without recruitment changes to see if I can see a difference.
    This is the kind of thing I'm worried about. Has this changed at all during your testing or does it remain? I really want to use the full hardcore mod (2tpy) but I was thinking
    I may need to edit (i.e. delete) the tables that deal with recruit times, costs and maybe movement data (if you have found these impact AI behaviour too).
    Thanks again Dresden, looking forward to your information

Blitzkrieg80's Avatar Miles

Dresden, can you do me a favor and verify if you know whether the Building Technology table was changed for Patch 5?... when it came out, it seemed as if it didn't change, thus the first download you had available... and I borrowed it... but I'm wondering if I can just verify it's the same as 4 (as it appears)... I don't want to mess up Patch 5 Tech values in the long-term unless I know i'm doing it :O)

@Octavian21 I believe the 2 turns per year recruitment works pretty well. Four turns maybe not so much, but I haven't tested it as much as I need to. However, you are free to mix and match the mods so that they work for your play style.

@Blitzkrieg80 I honestly am not sure if it changed, I do know that my mod(s) didn't work when patch 5 came out. That could have been the building or tech table. However, it is best to update it either way. The current version on this site is updated.

@Octavian21 I believe the 2 turns per year recruitment works pretty well. Four turns maybe not so much, but I haven't tested it as much as I need to. However, you are free to mix and match the mods so that they work for your play style.

@Blitzkrieg80 I honestly am not sure if it changed, I do know that my mod(s) didn't work when patch 5 came out. That could have been the building or tech table. However, it is best to update it either way. The current version on this site is updated.
    I had a look in the agent's table and the cost is still vanilla data. Was this intended or did you miss it?

Logically I would think you would double it as you doubled everything else?

Hi Dresden!!!

Good mod as always!

How i can edit movement for myself using Pack File?!!?!

I want to reduced by 150%.

Thanks you mate!!

Dresden, thank you. I love your 4tpy hardcore mod. For me, thats the way the game should be played

@Octavian21 Agent costs are not doubled, only army costs. I can look into doing agent costs if there is interest.

@lurumagno There is a column in land_units and naval_units that governs campaign movement range. Export that into your own pack and then select the entire column. You can then right click on it and "Apply expression." I used x/2 and x/4 but you can use whatever you want.

@Egonorm If you load it in that priority it should work, it might have a conflict with another mod though. You could try to click "Fix Any Problems." Also, with the new in-game Mod Manager there are issues using the old one. Try using the Rome 2 launcher Mod Manager to run the mod and see if that helps. To use the in game launcher, Run Rome 2 and click Mod Manager. Then, check the box next to the mod.
    Thanks Dresden, the ingame-Modmanager was the key now its up to me: Great work ! Especially the Movementmod has a nice influence on the strategic placement of your troops in a larger empire. Because with this little change, its not possible to hold Italy and a large amount of South-Germanic-Provinces with just one Legion, which can fight in one turn on Sicily (hope thats the english word ) and in the other turn in Northern-Italy. Again, great job, thats how Rome 2 should be Mfg Ego

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Does anyone know if growth is determined per year or per turn?

There needs to be a balance between extending turns per year and the growth of a city. If growth was determined per year, It would take forever to build a fully developed province without also increasing the growth of each city per turn. Right now in my campaign with 4 turns per year (my own turns/year mod), my towns are taking forever to develop.
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; October 22, 2013 at 07:47 PM.