Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v2.0 (Patch 17)

Champlain's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Build, Research, Recruitment and Cost Mods for 2TPY/4TPY v1.1 (patch 4 beta 10/5/13)

@jfood Hellbent tweaks tech tables so it is not compatible with these mods

Default Re: Build, Research, Recruitment and Cost Mods for 2TPY/4TPY v1.1 (patch 4 beta 10/5/13)

Quote Originally Posted by Champlain View Post
    Hey Champlain, I hope I didn't step on your toes by making these. I honestly just wanted some for my own use after patch 4 and figured I would release them for others to use. I will make sure you have credit in the post for your original work.

Champlain's Avatar Civis

@Dresden No need as far as I am concerned credit goes to CA for the game whether good or bad I just did a little pre-school math to help modders. You have the ball run with it.
    Cheers!

I have been testing the recruitment versions of these mods, and it seems that the AI has trouble recruiting when it takes more than a turn. Some factions will form stacks, but others seem to barely build armies up when it takes multiple turns to recruit. I am going to switch to the ones without recruitment changes to see if I can see a difference.

Hellbent's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by jfood View Post
    I hate not being able to edit...

At first I thought it might be my startpos file, as I leave it set to three turns per year. That seems like it doesn't effect anything at all, aside from the calender. Every other mod I use, your sack/liberate/confed, auxiliaries for everyone and eprius/athens expanded... those work fine. But you and Hellbent just don't want to play nice with one another.

Please be friends, you're both pretty swell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Champlain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    @jfood I can make a Mod version of these so you can load them in Mod Manager at top priority so they override other mods. I think TTT mod does something with the tech table so that is why they are not playing well together. Also you could just double all the tech times in TTT's mod, should do the trick. I don't want to edit/release another modder's work without permission. Here is a little mod tutorial that covers some basics: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Game-Editing
    Hi guys,

With the release of TTT 1.3, I've taken out my tech table changes. So the only "conflicts" now would be the startpos.esf but that's not really a conflict since all I did was make it 2 turns per year. I've also just released a .MOD version, so if you'd like, you can use both Dresden's and my mod at the same time (ignore the startpos.esf that TTT uses and replace it with Dresden's).

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post
    Hi guys,

With the release of TTT 1.3, I've taken out my tech table changes. So the only "conflicts" now would be the startpos.esf but that's not really a conflict since all I did was make it 2 turns per year. I've also just released a .MOD version, so if you'd like, you can use both Dresden's and my mod at the same time (ignore the startpos.esf that TTT uses and replace it with Dresden's).

Cheers!
    Cool, thanks Hellbent! I love your mod by the way.

Default Re: Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost and Movement Mods for 2TPY/4TPY v1.2 (patch 4 beta 10/7/13)

Update v1.2

I added optional mods for each type that affect campaign movement. For 2TPY movement is cut by 50%. For 4TPY it is cut by 75%.

If you try these, let me know how they work out.

Default Re: Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost and Movement Mods for 2TPY/4TPY v1.2 (patch 4 beta 10/7/13)

для 4tpy передвижение работает для флота- да. армия и агенты нет.

Quote Originally Posted by sergbox1 View Post
    для 4tpy передвижение работает для флота- да. армия и агенты нет.
    I don't speak Russian but I think you are saying the 4tpy naval movement works but the army doesn't. The agents won't be affected, I will try to look into that.

I am not sure why the armies aren't working but I will try to figure it out.

After some testing, the army movement mod does work. However, it conflicts with many different mods because it uses the land_units table.

In order to use the movement mods with many of the major mods, you need to use the Mod version and run Mod Manager. Then, put the movement mod as the top priority.

Some mods don't have a Mod version and may still conflict because they are a movie type. If that is the case, you need to edit their mod and change it from Movie to Mod type.

yes. спасибо за работу.

thanks for the advice dresden, and also thanks for hte movement mod, great!

Default Re: Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost and Movement Mods for 2TPY/4TPY v1.2 (patch 4 beta 10/9/13)

Updated startpos files for Oct. 9 patch 4 beta update.

Default Re: Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost and Movement Mods for 2TPY/4TPY v1.2 (patch 4 beta 10/9/13)

Do I only need the startpos file if I'm not alreadys using one with turns set to 2/4 per year?
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Balbor View Post
    Do I only need the startpos file if I'm not alreadys using one with turns set to 2/4 per year?
    The startpos file is what changes the year rate to 2 turns per year or 4 turns per year, depending on your choice (both are in that download).

The other mods change the research, build times, etc.

Red_Barron's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post

4TPY Campaign Movement Mod - Army and Navy Campaign Movement reduced by 75%, compatible with any of the above mods.
    It looks like agents retain 100% of their vanilla movement rate. I am sure it is a completely separate value in the code, but it is kind of awkward to see the starting spy can cover so much more than a regular army that has the 75% reduction. Is it possible to mod their movement rates to 50% and 75% as well? Perhaps a 25%?

Perhaps keeping them as separate mods would be good? That way people could have some leeway with the values. 50% agent move rate and 75% army/navy move rates for example.

I haven't quite got into using this much, but I do love the concept!

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Barron View Post
    It looks like agents retain 100% of their vanilla movement rate. I am sure it is a completely separate value in the code, but it is kind of awkward to see the starting spy can cover so much more than a regular army that has the 75% reduction. Is it possible to mod their movement rates to 50% and 75% as well? Perhaps a 25%?

Perhaps keeping them as separate mods would be good? That way people could have some leeway with the values. 50% agent move rate and 75% army/navy move rates for example.

I haven't quite got into using this much, but I do love the concept!
    I can look into this, no problem!

Default Re: Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost and Movement Mods for 2TPY/4TPY v1.3 (patch 4 beta 10/10/13)

Updated v1.3 - Added Agent movement mods, these will not affect already recruited agents in new games or saved games. It will change the movement for any agents recruited later.

Thanks to alhoon and crzyrndm for pulling my head out of my rear and getting this one to work.

This is fantastic. Thank you.

Default Re: Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost and Movement Mods for 2TPY/4TPY v1.3 (patch 4 beta 10/10/13)

good job,man!