Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The mod iis still in progress or dead?

Icon5 The mod iis still in progress or dead?

Sorry about the banal question, but i interested this mod recently and i don't see any sign of progress. I heard some month ago that Darthmod has leaved the world of the mod to dedicate himself to other. So, about this fact, the mod is still in working? if yes, more or less, when it will come out? I ask this because i plalaying a very "looong" campaing with the british empire (Start with Empire, to Napoleon, to the american civil war mod, to this mod, maybe, and in the end the beautiful WW1 mod). I look forward to more news

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Re: The mod iis still in progress or dead?

Yes, we are definitely still developing it and, though I don't know any release dates (and won't until right before them), we are working towards an open beta release. Darth might have retired, but that doesn't affect this mod.
    Last edited by Tango12345; October 04, 2013 at 04:05 AM.

Oh! I'm glad to hear it I like the total war series and the victorian period, so i'm very excited for this mod. Thanks for your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by maf1994 View Post
    I like the total war series and the victorian period, so i'm very excited for this mod.
    Same here!

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Very good to hear/read

Is multiplayer campagn pssobile in this mod ?

We are not working towards that goal, no.

How will the Franco Prussian war be represented in this mod? Will you have it as an event or will you have the alliances already set up to cause the war? Also will you include in beautiful detail the pickelhaube helmet of the Prussians? Also how much detail will you put into the Indian wars in the American west will you have the tribes of that era as well as the units and uniforms? Will you also have the Spanish American war in Cuba? And finally will you have famous historical regiments and names of the time period? Sorry for the long post!

Also will you be adding new regions to the campaign map such as those Russian modelers were able to implement in that empire total war mod workshop forum??

How will the Franco Prussian war be represented in this mod? Will you have it as an event or will you have the alliances already set up to cause the war?
    Alliances are set up for the beginning of the Austro-Prussian War. After that, anything could happen.
    Also will you include in beautiful detail the pickelhaube helmet of the Prussians?
    There will be pickelhauben.
    Also how much detail will you put into the Indian wars in the American west will you have the tribes of that era as well as the units and uniforms?
    There will only be one native american faction, as they will only control one region at the start of the campaign. The issue with the American West is that in this game there is exactly 1 region in it. That said, that region is in the US victory conditions.
    Will you also have the Spanish American war in Cuba?
    As implied at the top of this we cannot represent individual wars if they started after the start date of the campaign. That is not to say they won't happen, but unless the player starts them it is not guaranteed.
    And finally will you have famous historical regiments and names of the time period?
    There may be some individual units at some point, but not yet. Generic ones first.
    Also will you be adding new regions to the campaign map such as those Russian modelers were able to implement in that empire total war mod workshop forum??
    At the moment we have no campaign map modder. We may eventually try, but right now there are much greater priorities (i.e. db tables and unit models).

And finally, please don't right "also" at the beginning of every single sentence, it is incredibly annoying .

Hi Tango thank you for answering all the questions you are right in ETW warscape engine its hard to spark campaign related events unlike in the MTW2 engine so I guess just alliances will do and than let the campaign play out however it will. Sorry about such a long post I ll try not to use also in every sentence!

Quote Originally Posted by Tango12345 View Post
    There will be pickelhauben.
    Now I can pre-order

Will you have historical portraits for generals like in NTW or is it not possible? and does the region of the Mahdist war fall into the ETW campaign map??

Will you be implementing the W.A.L.I tool into this mod eventually or is it still far into the future??

Will you have historical portraits for generals like in NTW or is it not possible?
    That would only be possible for general units present at the start of the campaign, so the answer is almost certainly no.

and does the region of the Mahdist war fall into the ETW campaign map??
    Technically not, however we're planning to fiddle history a bit and have them as an emergent faction in Egypt.

As for that tool, too far in the future to tell.
    Last edited by Tango12345; November 21, 2013 at 11:27 AM.

I appreciate your quick reply Tango but just to expand on my question if you are not going to have historical portraits than you will have generic Victorian style generals of the era I assume correct...?

Yes, that is correct. We'll try to avoid pics of overly famous generals though, otherwise it would look distinctly wierd.

Oh I see cool just a suggestion maybe since you said the campaign will start in 1865 you can have some famous generals portraits of that particular time kind of like in the TAR mod and just let it play out if they die than that portrait just disappears. Maybe that would add a bit of RPG element to the game it's just a suggestion.

Maybe, however, at the moment I expect that the campaign will be completely wiped of units at the beginning so there won't be any properly historical generals. Who knows, it depends on what our campaign modder can do (considering that right now we don't have one).

I see wow I didn't know that you didn't have a campaign modder. Is there anybody in the entire TWC community that has should interest and that has this skill to volunteer to help you with the campaign aspect of this mod?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast