Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rome II rigid_model_v2 editor/ exporter ms3d

Default Rome II rigid_model_v2 editor/ exporter ms3d

Thanks to Brad Bolthouse; The Uu3d plugin has been updated and can now open the ROME II rigid_model_v2 (Rome2)

you can save the models in ms3d format ; not yet into rigid_model_v2 (Rome2) format
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; October 06, 2013 at 12:28 PM.

Default Re: Rome II rigid_model_v2 editor/ exporter

Nice. I hope someone has the time to create low res versions of the game models. Culling to sprites won't be necessary, more men per battle, etc. Dead men with lower res.

any link?

Default Re: Rome II rigid_model_v2 editor/ exporter ms3d

um... where's the link to the plug-in? I can't find anything on that website.

I need the plugin too
    Last edited by Musculus Maximus; October 03, 2013 at 09:31 AM.

Okay I found it.... and unless I got the wrong version from the website, it's still not working.

It will be ready soon for download on the Uu3d site
    search for etw plugin;
    For now I had the chance to test it ; the plugin is working perfecty
    Some adjustment might delay the release: ; and (("maybe")) an export option as rigid_model_v2 .
    Last edited by kungfuserge; October 03, 2013 at 09:47 AM.

Now someone get to work making a Female Model so someone somewhere can make a Amazon Faction.

Any chance to get the specification for the rigid_v2 format?

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

This is an excellent news.
    Thanks you very much

Will it be possible to open all sort of rigid_model_v2 models, from building to animals through engines to humans ?
    Last edited by wangrin; October 03, 2013 at 02:56 PM.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

All rigid_model_V2 can be opened and saved as ms3d ; (as far as I have tested it) Lion , wales , humans etc ...
    A big work remains upon saving the meshes as _rigid_model_V2, which will open fields to heavy moding

I'm sure Brad will release this Uu3d plug-in update when he will be satisfied with it
    Last edited by kungfuserge; October 03, 2013 at 04:04 PM.

Jarvgrimr's Avatar Foederatus

So I am new to the TW (Warengine) pipeline... if I wanted to access the meshes for characters & units I need this $50 program to actually extract the meshes from the game files? Or can I import the assets directly into 3DS Max or Modo somehow? Also is the animation done in a particular program? Max or Maya?

Oh and have there been any thread discussing the layout of texture maps and the like? How have they been dividing up the accessories, hair, clothing, weapons between units? If anyone could post a texture map from the game that would be really helpful. I am currently unable to get access to my notebook or PC that have TW:R2 installed.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

I'm eager to download the new plugin ^^

On a side note, I think that, now, it would be better to focus on exporting Total War models to .fbx files that can be used with 3ds max, Maya or Blender than to .ms3d.
    MilkShape, if easy to handle, is quite limited now.
    For example, he cannot handle large model having more than 65 000 vertice (example : ship of the line from ETW/NTW)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvgrimr View Post
    So I am new to the TW (Warengine) pipeline... if I wanted to access the meshes for characters & units I need this $50 program to actually extract the meshes from the game files? Or can I import the assets directly into 3DS Max or Modo somehow? Also is the animation done in a particular program? Max or Maya.
    If you want to open and export models from S2TW or R2TW, you will have to use Ultimate Unwrap 3d + ETW plugin.
    UU3D allow to export model to a large pool of file formats (.fbx, .dae, .obj, .c4d, etc.).

Exporting model as .fbx allow you to use it with 3ds max and Maya for example.

I use UU3D since I've begun modding, late 2010, and I'm very happy with it and ETW plugin.
    Moreover, it's very easy to create UVmap using it.
    It's worth to buy it if you are really willing to mod Total War games (ETW/NTW/S2TW/R2TW).

Question about animations : .anim is a file format extension used by Maya, TW games use the same extension, but is it the same file format ?
    I've tried to open some .anim files from ETW/NTW/S2TW with Maya 2013, but miserably failed...
    Last edited by wangrin; October 04, 2013 at 01:26 AM.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

The plugin is now available at the Uu3d download section

However there is no export rigid_model_v2 ; so you won't be able to save the models in the Rome2 format

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuserge View Post
    The plugin is now available at the Uu3d download section

However there is no export rigid_model_v2 ; so you won't be able to save the models in the Rome2 format
    I don't see it in the section on the download page, is it the same as the Empire Plugin?
    Pray for Pastor Saeed, and here is a link to sign a petition for his release: http://beheardproject.com/saeed#sign

I believe in Jesus Christ our Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

"I am the Way, the Truth, and The Life..." (John 14:6) Yeshua HaMashiach
    http://khouse.org/

ok i tried the plugin and now it works, but how to import shields and trees? they are all messed up
    Last edited by fedeita; October 04, 2013 at 03:08 PM.

Yeah, it's the ETW plugin

@ warman222: Thanks!, But sadly the program is not running and i don't know why....
    Pray for Pastor Saeed, and here is a link to sign a petition for his release: http://beheardproject.com/saeed#sign

I believe in Jesus Christ our Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I got the program to work, how do you export a model from it?

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast