Thread: How to change the number of turns per year in Rome II total war

Default How to change the number of turns per year in Rome II total war

Hi all,

Here is how to edit and change the number of turns per year for Rome II total war.

First, open up your startpos.esf using your ESF editor. This file is located in your data folder/main_campaign

Then click on CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS > COMPRESSED_DATA > CAMPAIGN_ENV > CAMPAIGN_MODEL > CAMPAIGN_CALENDAR > then change the first number from 1 to whatever number of turns per year you want.

Enjoy

EDIT: This will not affect your research or build time as research and build time are per turn and not affected by the time scale.
    Last edited by Ramesses II The Great; October 02, 2013 at 11:59 AM.
    To offend us is to offend God

Default Re: How to change the number of turns per year in Rome II total war

thanks for this mate, its much better doing it this way than downloading a mod.
    This is my original review for Rome II, posted in October 2013.

Rome II: Totally Casual.

Streamlined features, zero diplomacy, no family tree, lack of character progression, magical transports, complete lack of battle, siege and campaign AI, blob style fighting formations, 3minute battles, magical fire burning torches, zero seasons, 1 turn per year, awful performance on high end systems, monotonous and incredibly tedious campaign,

A year later, sadly, not much has changed.

I like to change the save game of my current campaign, that way with new patches I don't have to keep editing my startpos.

Here is a basic tutorial on mods/save games: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Game-Editing

And here is a mod for changing the research, build times, etc.: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...(patch-4-beta)

Would the change of the turns rate also change the age rate as well for the characters/generals in the game? If not how do I find the age affect file....Please.

Changing the turns per year makes the generals/agents age slower as well. So, if you make it two turns per year they will age half as fast.

i'm safely ( it loads ) using 40 turns per year. to avoid "you're not researching" notices, cause you've teched out, change the build time of one of the final techs to "9999" and it'll give you 900 + free passes before it reminds you again.

Quote Originally Posted by orangie View Post
    i'm safely ( it loads ) using 40 turns per year. to avoid "you're not researching" notices, cause you've teched out, change the build time of one of the final techs to "9999" and it'll give you 900 + free passes before it reminds you again.
    Pardon: one of the techs for YOUR faction and used 5 9's: 99999, instead of 4.

I've tried this, and for some reason it always reverts back to 1. I've changed startpos.esf from read-only, but it still happens. Is there something with Editesf in how I save the file I'm supposed to be doing that I don't know?

It reverts back to 1 in new campaigns? Are you using any mods that affect the startpos?

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hello Guyz,

It reverts back to 1 because it is being done in the start.pos I've figured out that if it was changed in the save file as soon as you begin a new campaign then it will not revert back to 1 and it will stay as whatever number you put in there. So don't edit Startpos, edit your save file.

Thank you
    To offend us is to offend God