Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CTU - Carcaju's Temple Units 1.1 (Greek factions complete)

Default CTU - Carcaju's Temple Units 1.1 (Greek factions complete)

CTU?

First of all, if you are history-freak, and can't stand fictional units, than this mod is NOT for you.
    Second, this is my first mod, so probably it's way unbalanced, buggy, and everything else, I expect to get better the more I work.

CTU is about special units, when I am playing Rome 2, I often imagine new combinations of units and other crazy stuff. As the name say, my pack is all about Temple Units, but mind that HIGH-TIER units, that you can only unlock on the latest levels of the ingame temples. For my first try I focused on the Greek Gods (and for now only Athens can build those units), but I expect to expand the idea to the Celts, Eastern and Roman cultures.

But enough talking, I hope you enjoy my units! Any critics and feedbacks are more than welcome!

Changelog:

Version 1.1 / 09-11-2013
    4 New Units -
    Poseidon's Marines
    Hermes Stallions
    Fire Throwers of Ares
    Hammers of Hephaistos
    Recruitment Changed - To make the game more enjoyable, made all units avaiable earlier. All units will be avaiable when you build a Tier 3 Temple, at Tier 4 they gain +2 Exp and at Tier 5 +4.
    Greek Factions - All Temple units are avaiable to the playable Greek Culture Factions: Athens, Sparta, Epirus, Macedon and Pontus.

Sons of Heracles - Changed the Frenzied Charge abillity to the Infantry Frenzied Charge (it makes more sense now)

Version 1.0b / 01-10-2013
    Changed the names of the units:
    Followers of Athena to Faithful of Athena
    Followers of Diana to Artemis Chosen Hunters
    Followers of Zeus to Sons of Heracles

Version 1.0 /
    30-09-2013
    Launched

UNITS

Faithful of Athena
    Avaiable from Tier 3 Athena Temple and above
    Type: Heavy Phalanx Unit
    Abilities: Steady - Form Pike Wall - Cavalry Counter Tactics
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Artemis Chosen Hunters
    Avaiable from Tier 3 Nymphs Temple and aboveType: Stealthy Missile Unit with Wardogs
    Abilities: Precision Shot - Quick Reload
    (Somehow I fixed the animation from the shield, since I based this unit on the Cretan Archers. When the Cretan where forced to do melee, they wouldn't use their shields, I managed to fix that)

Sons of HeraclesAvaiable from Tier 3 Zeus Temple and aboveType: Heavy Melee Unit
    Abilities: Frenzied Charge - Killing Spree
    (there is a mesh problem with the lion pelts, which can cause a little clipping).

Poseidon's Marines
    Avaiable from Tier 3 Poseidon's Temple and aboveType: Heavy Naval Melee Unit
    Abilities: Form Pike Square - Use the Whip

Fire Throwers of Ares -
    Avaiable from Tier 3 Ares Temple and aboveType: Special Ranged Unit
    Abilities: Quick Reload - Rapid Advance

My idea for this unit was to copy that strange unit from 300, the pot throwers from the Persian Army. Everything went well, except for the projectile, since the pot projectile is only avaiable to the artillery units. As modding features advance I'll try to change the projectile and animation to the pot ones. I know it looks a bit silly, but for now it's the best I can do.

Hermes Stallions -
    Avaiable from Tier 3 Hermes Temple and aboveType: Special Chariot Unit
    Abilities: Form Wedge - Quick Reload - Rapid Advance

Hammers of Hephaistos -
    Avaiable from Tier 3 Hephaisto Temple and aboveType: Heavy Cavalry Unit
    Abilities: Form Wedge - Stampede

Installation:

- Just extract the pack files into the Data folder (In order to make the Unit Cards work, you must also put the UI folder that comes with the mod, inside the data folder).To remove just delete the pack file from your data folder.
    - To use the mod you'll need mod manager.

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7d3ee14vj...ts_ver_1_1.rar

Steam Workshop Link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...47&searchtext=

Special Thanks:

daniu
    for the friendly and initial tutorial on how to mod, for the PFM
    .Mitch
    for the Mod Manager
    husserlTW for the Rome 2 Editor
    Radious for discovering how to add UI to the custom units
    Prometheus ts for finding the lion pelt structure and letting me use it
    Master Necromancer for giving me some cool new names!
    Last edited by Carcaju; November 11, 2013 at 07:01 PM.

xxxMoRaVexxx's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: CTU - Carcaju's Temple Units

Awesome units! Maybe cap it to around 2 - 4 units at any given time. + rep .

Quote Originally Posted by xxxMoRaVexxx View Post
    Awesome units! Maybe cap it to around 2 - 4 units at any given time. + rep .
    Thaks MoRaVe, forgot to mention, they are already capped at 4 units max!

A fantastic idea! One thing: Rename the "Followers of Zeus" to "Followers of Herakles". He was the son of Zeus, and his image was depicted with a lion pelt and a club.
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

This is very cleaver! Looking forward to what oddities you can imagine

Elephant mounted balista? Armored Camel lancer? Spartan female soldiers?

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    A fantastic idea! One thing: Rename the "Followers of Zeus" to "Followers of Herakles". He was the son of Zeus, and his image was depicted with a lion pelt and a club.
    Yeah I Imagined Herakles when I made this units, but since there are no Temples of Herakles, I put them as Zeus instead. But I'll give that a thought! Thank you for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirTW View Post
    This is very cleaver! Looking forward to what oddities you can imagine

Elephant mounted balista? Armored Camel lancer? Spartan female soldiers?
    I tried adding a female as standard banner for the Followers of Athena, but since there are no female battle models (yet, since I saw Barbaric Screaming Women as a hidden unit)...

My next units will be:
    Followers of Poseidon (naval): Much like hoplites, but with a trident instead.
    Followers of Hades: Not sure yet, thinking off a Siege equipment, but that's yet unexplored by our brave modders. And also loved the Black Myrmidon concept, but don't want to copy any ideas.
    Followers of Hephaistos: Greek Cataphracts (with the best armour made from Hephaistos followers)
    Followers of Hermes: I'm divided between a fast light horse unit or chariots.

After those I'll begin working with Celtic and German Gods. Thank you for your support!

Haha very nice love it!

Maybe it would be nicer to make the names less generic, instead of Followers of "add god here":

Athena: Faithful of Athena

Nymphs: Artemis Chosen Hunters

Zeus: Sons of Heracles

You know like that.

P.S. Diana is a Roman Goddess.
    Last edited by Master Necromancer; October 01, 2013 at 01:16 AM.

How did you manage to fix the Archer going into melee shield animation? I've been trying to figure that one out.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Nice Idea

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

necronox's Avatar ▬▬ι═══════- -═══════ιι▬

good idea, i like it. just a thought, make the follower of poseidon a naval unit?

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Nice units!

But you should switch Diana to Atremis if we're going to be pedantic about it!

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    Haha very nice love it!

Maybe it would be nicer to make the names less generic, instead of Followers of "add god here":

Athena: Faithful of Athena

Nymphs: Artemis Chosen Hunters

Zeus: Sons of Heracles

You know like that.

P.S. Diana is a Roman Goddess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfmurf View Post
    Nice units!

But you should switch Diana to Atremis if we're going to be pedantic about it!
    Oh my god, newbie mistake! Of course, it`s Artemis, so sorry guys, tonight I`m changing that right away.
    Master Necromancer, I loved those names, do you mind if I use them? Credits given off course.

fernando77, I had to create a different animation for this unit, that changed his melee instance from "knife" (I believe) to "sword and shield". Feel free to look at the files and how I fixed it!

necronox,that`s the initial idea, but since I can`t control where the player will build their temple, I came up with 2 ideas. 1 - The player should "role-play", and so he can only build the Temple of Poseidon on Coastal Cities. 2 - Make them a land unit, but when they go into water, their transport is different, rather than a simple transport, it will be a Quinquirreme or stronger, altough it`s a bit "cheating".

Quote Originally Posted by Carcaju View Post
    Oh my god, newbie mistake! Of course, it`s Artemis, so sorry guys, tonight I`m changing that right away.
    Master Necromancer, I loved those names, do you mind if I use them? Credits given off course.
    Please do use them no credits needed.

I could help out with the naming for the future units if you want.

necronox's Avatar ▬▬ι═══════- -═══════ιι▬

Quote Originally Posted by Carcaju View Post
    necronox,that`s the initial idea, but since I can`t control where the player will build their temple, I came up with 2 ideas. 1 - The player should "role-play", and so he can only build the Temple of Poseidon on Coastal Cities. 2 - Make them a land unit, but when they go into water, their transport is different, rather than a simple transport, it will be a Quinquirreme or stronger, altough it`s a bit "cheating".
    perhaps just make the temple a new top tier building for the military shipwright (or some other port), something like Poseidon's docks, and make it a unique building like the colisseum or leonida's monument, not sure how you do that tho. maybe that'll work.

otherwise you could other make two of them, one that is recruited in a top tier military wharf and another which is purely for land if you see what i mean.

Foederatus

Wow, this is a great concept! I had lamented the lack of depth in the Greek rosters, and this is an innovative way to fill them out. And they're not without character, these men!

I do wonder though what your plans are for the war-god, Ares? Something having to do with bloodthirst or heavy armor, no doubt?

Quote Originally Posted by Arabian View Post
    Wow, this is a great concept! I had lamented the lack of depth in the Greek rosters, and this is an innovative way to fill them out. And they're not without character, these men!

I do wonder though what your plans are for the war-god, Ares? Something having to do with bloodthirst or heavy armor, no doubt?
    I'm still considering some options, I tried to create a special siege unit, but with no sucess (tried to create the Heliopolis outside the siege battles). I'm considering an Axe wielding unit, another naval units, who knows?

Also, small update, changed the names of the units, the Followers of Diana was very wrong since Diana is a Roman Goddess ( bad rookie mistake). Big thanks to Master Necromancer for the names, and Murfmurf for pointing the name error too.

Foederatus

What kind of inspiration are you looking for, may I ask? Something realistic, or historically based? Or something more whimsical to add some flavor to the game?

The followers of Haphaistos could be bearded, topless, and have hammers or aprons or something. Would be badarse. Better than a cavalry unit IMO.
    I imagine these units to be the fanatical militant branch of the temple from which they come.

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &

also, don't forget to have a unit max of 1. This is pretty important

CPU

Awesome work! Really can't wait for more. +rep

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast