Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Modding Q&A's

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Modding Q&A's (General)

Unzip into the PFM directory. It should ask you if you wish to replace 5 files. Yes to all.
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

LordInvictus's Avatar Semisalis
    In California in the USA on Earth in the Solar System in the Milky Way

What do the melee_hn_to_xholds, melee_xholds_knockback, and melee_xholds_stepback do?

Is there a good and noob friendly guide around on the forum which teaches how to make mercenaries?

I'm also having troubles making the shields appear on the units I've created that are weilding falxes. With every other type of unit I'm not having this problem, which seems to suggest that falxes are under some special rule in this regard.
    Last edited by Le_Swede; February 16, 2014 at 03:47 AM.

Is this thread dead or something? Not trying to be rude or anything but it seemed to be alive quite recently.

How I can make CAI to make custom made units in campaign?
    Eupator Dionysius

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridates VI View Post
    How I can make CAI to make custom made units in campaign?
    If I understand you correctly you want to find out how to create new units that are useable in the campaign.

If that is so then these two guides will help you achieve that:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ide&p=13565949

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-unit-with-PFM

The first link is a basic guide on how to use the assembly kit.
    The second link takes you through the steps of creating custom made units using the PFM but can be used as a guideline (with few alterations) to achieve the same result in the assembly kit.

I know that but thanks for anyway. I mean that how you can make that AI will make them in campaign.
    Eupator Dionysius

As long as they are recruitable I would presume that the AI will have access to recruiting them and will do so in the same quantity as they recruit similar troops. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hello, I want to edit general's background skill in my save game, I opened it with EditSf and found CAMPAIGN_SKILL_BLOCK. There's four lines in CAMPAIGN_SKILL_BLOCK -0, first line is skill name, then a 0, then a strange line with a strange number and last is a 1. I changed skill name both in CAMPAIGN_SKILL_BLOCK -0 and CAMPAIGN_SKILL, but it doesn't work unless I change the strange number in third line. What is that number? So if I want to change the background skill can I find the related number anywhere? THX and sorry for my poor English

Quote Originally Posted by losparanoias View Post
    Hello, I want to edit general's background skill in my save game, I opened it with EditSf and found CAMPAIGN_SKILL_BLOCK. There's four lines in CAMPAIGN_SKILL_BLOCK -0, first line is skill name, then a 0, then a strange line with a strange number and last is a 1. I changed skill name both in CAMPAIGN_SKILL_BLOCK -0 and CAMPAIGN_SKILL, but it doesn't work unless I change the strange number in third line. What is that number? So if I want to change the background skill can I find the related number anywhere? THX and sorry for my poor English
    I did it by myself!! The number is in character_skill_nodes, change skill name and the number then you change the skill!!

Civis

Q: Is it possible to swap starting regions between factions? (startpos.esf Is where to do it, but can anyone briefly outline how)

A:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Assembly-Kit

this what you're looking for?

One question though,
    Q: Is it possible to modify dillema's and events ? And especially to give them triggers
    (For Example: dignitary in allied province, general in city with X building),
    effects(fe: give trait to character or general, increase relation with alied faction if dillema is success)
    and especially naming dependencies (correct name of general, dignitary , allied province or city)?
    Last edited by revan.be; March 01, 2014 at 02:40 AM.

How do you edit remaining movement points for armies?

\Skodkim

this is probably a bad place to ask, but what the hell
    is here likea thread where I can upload my mod and have someone check what I did wrong? because I can't find it

How practical (read easy) is it to have each settlement/region be its own province?
    Currently following these promising mods - Imperia Antiquitatis by Splenyi
    Traits, Talents, and Toadies
    by Hellbent
    Real Roman Reforms
    by Aodh Mor
    Unit Icons project
    by Bullgod
    Also recommended:
    City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options
    by Dresden

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyballs01 View Post
    this is probably a bad place to ask, but what the hell
    is here likea thread where I can upload my mod and have someone check what I did wrong? because I can't find it
    Make a thread in the appropriate subforum (depending on what you're editing. DB editing for database, ESF for startpos, etc.) and attach your pack with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by redxavier View Post
    How practical (read easy) is it to have each settlement/region be its own province?
    I'm not entirely sure whether that is just the database, or if it's cooked into the map. One would be relatively easy, but if it's in the map we need to wait for CA to release the required ools and information.
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all

it's units
    10 of them

and I don't have permissions apparently, great forum!

That would be here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-and-Scripting

And if you can't make a thread there, someones stuffed up and that needs looking into (ie. please confirm you cannot make a new thread in the subforum I just linked)

I made a mod for myself for patch 9 that disabled all active agent actions, so that only the passive actions, assist_province and assist_army actions remained. In order to achieve that I simply deleted all rows of the active actions like hinder in agent_to_agent_ability_junctions_tables. But some of them are still able to use these abilities... The only thing that changed is that there is a number instead of name and cost of the ability when (agent selected) right-clicking on e.g. a city.
    Can sbd help me what I have to do to completely disable agent abilities?

small addition, I only tested this in Hannibal at the Gates campaign but there aren't any different agents and I didn't saw another table that defined the abilities of agents in HatG...

Quote Originally Posted by Carthago View Post
    I made a mod for myself for patch 9 that disabled all active agent actions, so that only the passive actions, assist_province and assist_army actions remained. In order to achieve that I simply deleted all rows of the active actions like hinder in agent_to_agent_ability_junctions_tables. But some of them are still able to use these abilities... The only thing that changed is that there is a number instead of name and cost of the ability when (agent selected) right-clicking on e.g. a city.
    Can sbd help me what I have to do to completely disable agent abilities?

small addition, I only tested this in Hannibal at the Gates campaign but there aren't any different agents and I didn't saw another table that defined the abilities of agents in HatG...
    Hmm does nobody has an answer on that?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast