Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaziel's Romans * VERSION 4.5 * (UPDATED: 17/09/2014) * Currently BUGGED *

Default Re: Kaziel's Romans

Hi
    Nice mod, i wont play Rome 2 until i make it compatible with Silven mod, can u say me what did you change in land_units_table and main_units_table so i can do it myself D.
    Thanks a lot (if i do it i can post it here or something else if someone wants )

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Hey man, is this still getting worked on?

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Amazing looking Generals! Can't wait to see what you do with other factions.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus183 View Post
    Hey man, is this still getting worked on?
    Yep, just finishing up the general's shields and a reskin of the lorica hamata then should be uploaded soon.

One note about the Generals, I've decided to reskin 2 cuirasses to match the new helmets. The third one I've removed it as Roman General's cuirass as too many Greek units share it and kinda ruins immersion. I'm not too sure about the other two I'm using, so it's up to you guys to inform me of any specific unit that shares the same cuirass and I will mod the main file to have them use the unused cuirass. Hope that makes sense.

Anyways, sorry it's taking ages, but I've re-modded most of the Romans again with new shield, armour and helmet textures. There's a new Centurion done too which I'm pretty proud of lol. Whole thing should be up soon

Quote Originally Posted by Hokussu15 View Post
    Hi
    Nice mod, i wont play Rome 2 until i make it compatible with Silven mod, can u say me what did you change in land_units_table and main_units_table so i can do it myself D.
    Thanks a lot (if i do it i can post it here or something else if someone wants )
    Sorry for the late reply. I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure it's the following:

Land_Units_Tables: changed officer for Aux Infantry
    Main_Units_Tables: changed voice type of Aux Infantry and Cavalry to Greek.

I think that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post
    Thanks for the compliment

Awesome. Yeah I was noticing the same thing with the cuirass and the greeks and whatnot. Unfortunately, all the three kinds of roman general armors are shared with a bunch of hellenic units so I guess there's no way to avoid conflict there. Even so, I personally think it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post
    Thanks for the compliment

This looks excellent. The units are more to my tastes than vanilla and the Generals well they look awesome and actually look like Generals. Definately downloading this to try.

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Outstanding work on those General cuirass' they are gorgeous!

Here's a screenshot of two Centurions who volunteered to model in the new General's Outfits to show you guys I'm not slacking lol. Thought it's a funny shot as well because they look like they're holding hands hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaskar70 View Post
    Outstanding work on those General cuirass' they are gorgeous!
    Thanks for the compliment. I got your PM. Sure you can use it, but please give credit. I will answer the other question in a forum post in this thread here soon, so that it can help other artists/modders too if they are wondering the same thing as you

Quote Originally Posted by darthsloth74 View Post
    This looks excellent. The units are more to my tastes than vanilla and the Generals well they look awesome and actually look like Generals. Definately downloading this to try.
    Thanks. I will be updating soon and hope you will like Version II
    Last edited by Kaziel; October 11, 2013 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus183 View Post
    Awesome. Yeah I was noticing the same thing with the cuirass and the greeks and whatnot. Unfortunately, all the three kinds of roman general armors are shared with a bunch of hellenic units so I guess there's no way to avoid conflict there. Even so, I personally think it's worth it.
    Added a new screenshot to show your favourite helm in action

EDIT: Actually to avoid conflict that is why I decided to only mod two of the breastplate models, give them to the Roman Generals and the third leave untouched. When I come across any Hellenic units using the two modded ones (And with the help of you guys if you guys come across any), I will assign the untouched one to them instead and update this Mod file so that in game there will be no more conflicts.
    Last edited by Kaziel; October 11, 2013 at 01:43 AM.

Please tell me the Romans will still be able to get the white cuirass in v2? I think it looks epicly awesome and reminds me of the Gladiator movie I'm quite partial to the white helmet and armour

Quote Originally Posted by Thaetre View Post
    Please tell me the Romans will still be able to get the white cuirass in v2? I think it looks epicly awesome and reminds me of the Gladiator movie I'm quite partial to the white helmet and armour
    Unfortunately no I really like the white one as well (I call it the Ivory one actually lol) but cutting down to two breastplates, I chose the safe route and chose two materials (and colours) that were most likely used (imho); Dark Brown Leather and Polished Brass. Sorry to disappoint you

Ah shame :'( At the the other two look freakin awesome too!

Quote Originally Posted by Thaetre View Post
    Ah shame :'( At the the other two look freakin awesome too!
    Thanks for the compliment. Yea if you look closely the Brass one is the old Ivory one

Looks ing amazing! You go girl!

FINALLY! After a lot of work I'm ready to update this thread with a new version of my mod.

Sorry it took so long guys and enjoy Kaziel's Romans V2!

Franky235's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Kaziel's Romans * VERSION II * (UPDATED: 15/10/2013)

Finally, really awesome work with V2!
    +rep!

Default Re: Kaziel's Romans * VERSION II * (UPDATED: 15/10/2013)

So this no longer conflicts with leiogaires army reskin mod? does it work with radious? Amazing work