Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: EditSF 1.1 - Added Array Editing

RoninX2807's Avatar Senator

Default Re: EditSF 1.1 - Added Array Editing

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
    Hi.
    I don't know if this is the right thread for the issue, but it seems to be the most recently used one for the issue:

When I edit Napoleon TW save games with edit SF 1.1.1 or 1.4.8 the game crashes upon loading - version 1.1.1 works fine for Rome 2 TW, however

What can I do?

Yes, loading Empire and Napoleon savegame after editing them with EditSF results into a crash now. It did work before, but there was no patch for those two games.

Ryker's Avatar Foederatus

Thanks.
    Would an older version of edit SF still work? If yes, where could I find one?
    What else could I use?

edit: also just tried version 1.0.7 and the game still crashes. Do I need to go older than that or is it hopeless?
    Last edited by Ryker; February 08, 2015 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
    Thanks.
    Would an older version of edit SF still work? If yes, where could I find one?
    What else could I use?

edit: also just tried version 1.0.7 and the game still crashes. Do I need to go older than that or is it hopeless?
    I think it does not matter which version of EditSF you use.
    I know that SaveParser and EditSF worked with Empire and Napoleon till few months before.
    I investigate deeper.

Ryker's Avatar Foederatus

Thank you. Let me know what you can find out

Been searching for a few hours, and since i havent found anything yet I'm going to ask here. In Shogun 2 Total War, you can separate a single unit away from an army; it then becomes its own separate army of 1 unit, without needing a general. Using the Editsf under character array, I've been able to change the status of the "colonel" to General-this change is required in several spots. Also, I wanted to change the name of the character to the names of historical vassals/officers/generals/ of that time and of that faction, but only the first name. I can never get the surname to show up in-game, and sometimes there is no name at all. There are only to places to change the name that i know of, character array, and in the army array-the unit under said character's command- the unit has a log of the name of its commander.

For now, im ok with just one name, but it does bug the hell out of me, and i was wondering if the pack file manager or someone on here could direct me to a better way of generating new, standalone generals in the game. Ideally, I'd like to have these generals predetermined before starting the game, (i assume thats in the startpos.) but i have no idea how to do that. I was looking for a guide or some tips. thanks

Could you tell me how to edit the exp and ranking of a general in Attila? I need to do this because currently there is a bug that Attila will turn to a Roman general portrait when he reaches rank 4...So I am experimenting to keep his rank low or skip this rank. Thank you for the help!

Is it possible to change the gamemode of a coop multiplayer campaign into a head to head campaign?

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

so, is it the last version?

can someone please tell me how to find family tree members at ages 1 to 11 because they are not in character array section, at least not with true date of birth stored in DATE.

you can find there in compressed_data/campaign_env/campaign_model/world/family_tree and than search your member!

a lot of entrys there.... good luck
    Last edited by Musculus Maximus; June 05, 2015 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musculus Maximus View Post
    you can find there in compressed_data/campaign_env/campaign_model/world/family_tree and than search your member!

a lot of entrys there.... good luck
    Thank you and sorry for thanking late. I found them before your answer consulting RoninX2807 and I kinda got busy on editing them, there was more than 3000 entries with the same name : Family_member . the 3rd data item on the table is fortunately the name of the faction and I could find them all.

everytime i try to save a file (just changing the faction economics from 2500 to 2500000) but when i save or save as, it seems to keep running and not responding for like 5 minutes. finally it finishes, but the game crashes when i load it. some background: I was originally using Esfeditor 1.4.5 to change economics, and it worked for a while but then out of the blue it wouldn't work, i would try to run it, and everything would say it was running, but the program never really opened. so i found editsf and this happened. I am editing napoleon total war saves (specifically the great war mod but that doesn't matter) and it has only worked once with the old editor. do you have any idea how to fix this?

any ideas how to add array?

Quote Originally Posted by RoninX2807 View Post
    Hello all,
    I wrote a little support tool for EditSF.
    It's my first C# program so please forgive that this is command-line and has no GUI.

What for this tool:
    If you want to edit your savegame file with EditSF, it's kind of time intensive to find the character you want to edit in CHARACTER_ARRAY.
    This tool creates a log file named "SaveParser.log" containing a list with array number, name and level of all non-colonel-type characters.

Credits:
    A lot of thanks to Daniu for creating EditSF.
    Hay this is what I was after.
    Yes it is very time consuming in editsf but was the best we have with this I can just find mt ninjas fast.
    I will try it out. Good work. May be I can fix up a batch file to make the two work.

Does EditSF accept commend line parameters? Just a thought.

Wish list: For Xmas wish EditSF would incorporate this code and may be expand it to locate exactly the Character fields to edit experience points and rank etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pzaw View Post
    Hay this is what I was after.
    Yes it is very time consuming in editsf but was the best we have with this I can just find mt ninjas fast.
    I will try it out. Good work. May be I can fix up a batch file to make the two work.

Does EditSF accept commend line parameters? Just a thought.

Wish list: For Xmas wish EditSF would incorporate this code and may be expand it to locate exactly the Character fields to edit experience points and rank etc.
    Is this post really new? Just wondering because you are talking about Xmas.

Hey does the latest version still work with Empire? If not where can I find older/archived versions of the ESF Editor or another tool that allows me to manipulate the files?

Hi there, I have been reading this thread and I too have a similar question about my sartpos.esf for Rome2 Emperor showing "4" as number of turns by default, yet in game its 1 turn per year. I'd appreciate some advice on how I too can increase my number of turns to 2 or 4 please see screen grab so you can see my experience.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rome emperor sratpos.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by asplenc View Post
    Hi there, I have been reading this thread and I too have a similar question about my sartpos.esf for Rome2 Emperor showing "4" as number of turns by default, yet in game its 1 turn per year. I'd appreciate some advice on how I too can increase my number of turns to 2 or 4 please see screen grab so you can see my experience.
    I have noticed the same. It seems to have changed with one of the latest patches As there is 4 season support for the game now...but it still counts one year per turn..it is odd. Not sure if a new game needs to be started.

Hello,

Is there an EditSF version 1.1.2 ?

All the downloads and links have version 1.1.1

Thanks
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 21, 2022 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Double post.
    Duke Surak'nar
    ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ

~ Ask not what modding can do for you, rather ask what you can do for modding ~
    ~ Everyone dies, not everyone really fights ~

Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    Hello,

Is there an EditSF version 1.1.2 ?

All the downloads and links have version 1.1.1

Thanks
    Sorry 1.1.1 ist latest.

Does not seem to work with Empire TW when trying to change the unit numbers allowed?