Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TuranianGhazi Nomadic Tribes Expansion EMPEROR EDITION [09/20/2014]

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: TuranianGhazi Nomadic Tribes Expansion

Heya guys!

@ToonTotalWar: Nope, my mod doesn't crash when loading. I deleted my worked on Pack file, removed all other mods, Verified Steam cache, subscribed to my NTE mod, had the pack+png delivered back to my data folder, started up the game and it worked.

However, there is one slight worry is that people without the Women of Mars or Nomadic Tribes DLC MIGHT... I'm not sure, I can't test this anymore... MIGHT not be able to have my mod working because I do use SOME variantmesh elements from both the Nomadic Tribes and Women of Mars DLCs. However, I tried really hard to have all the Amazonian women base models to be the free Scythian women models. I did use elements from Women of Mars DLC though.

Maybe that has something to do with it. I know for a fact though that if you have both of these DLCs or better yet ALL DLCs then my mod should work. I think that should be almost an assumption by this point. Otherwise, I cannot test not having this or that DLC.

@Izanagi11
    Oh I see.. this is what I was fearing that to ADD NEW mercenaries one has to edit the ESF which would/might conflict with AFP and many other mods that change the ESF.

Anyways, I think I'll try changing the ESF and putting into my modded folder, hopefully it'd only change the faction mercenary stuff for only the Nomadic military faction groups and provinces.

If you could give me a pointer, which fields exactly to change for mercenaries in ESF. I'll take a looky there and definitely tinker around. It'd be great to add my NTE units to both Factional and Provincial mercenary recruitment systems.
    Last edited by TuranianGhazi; September 20, 2014 at 02:01 PM.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TuranianGhazi View Post
    Heya guys!

@ToonTotalWar: Nope, my mod doesn't crash when loading. I deleted my worked on Pack file, removed all other mods, Verified Steam cache, subscribed to my NTE mod, had the pack+png delivered back to my data folder, started up the game and it worked.

However, there is one slight worry is that people without the Women of Mars or Nomadic Tribes DLC MIGHT... I'm not sure, I can't test this anymore... MIGHT not be able to have my mod working because I do use SOME variantmesh elements from both the Nomadic Tribes and Women of Mars DLCs. However, I tried really hard to have all the Amazonian women base models to be the free Scythian women models. I did use elements from Women of Mars DLC though.

Maybe that has something to do with it. I know for a fact though that if you have both of these DLCs or better yet ALL DLCs then my mod should work. I think that should be almost an assumption by this point. Otherwise, I cannot test not having this or that DLC.
    I have all DLC's and still it crashes for me

Hmmmm then that's a problem. I'll look into it.

On CA Mod Manager, it does show that my TGNTE mod is <OUT-OF-DATE> just like it shows AFP mod is <OUT-OF-DATE> but since AFP works and TGNTE works at least for me I don't think that's an issue.

Still, I'd like to learn how to remove that <OUT-OF-DATE> exclamation marking. Do I have to recreate the mod ENTIRELY through CA Assembly Kit in order for it to recognize the mod as NOT out of date?

It seems to me that any PFM mod is immediately tagged as out of date by CA.

Scratch the <OUT OF DATE> concern. After removing all mods again and re-installing my NTE mod by subscribing to the Steam Workshop NTE version, I see my NTE mod on CA Mod Manager WITHOUT the <OUT OF DATE> exclamation marking point. So all good. And it works.

Also, it seems that whenever I'm working on a mod that is NOT uploaded like WIP versions of NTE or AFP, CA Mod Manager tags them all as OUT OF DATE. Why? I put the SAME NTE pack manually from another folder into the data folder and CA Mod Manager tagged it was OUT OF DATE... even though it's the same thing... just came from a different source, outside source as opposed to passing through an UPLOAD to Steam Workshop and then getting tagged as A-Ok.

I'm going to test the SourceForge Pack link. Perhaps it's the SourceForge manual download that is the issue.

PS: SourceForge-version Pack file of NTE still works. Also, what's odd is that now CA Mod Manager FINALLY recognizes even this external SourceForge-version pack of NTE as current, no more OUT-OF-DATE exclamation mark. Yay!
    Last edited by TuranianGhazi; September 20, 2014 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Update

Nothing to do with the mod been "out of date" as I run many mods that are like this with no problems. I wonder if others are experiencing this mod not loading?

Default Re: TuranianGhazi Nomadic Tribes Expansion EMPEROR EDITION [09/20/2014]

Yeah, Master Necromancer, did you have any trouble downloading, installing, and running my updated NTE mod?

Based on rising subscriptions on Steam Workshop and no complaints, I think that ummm it all works. I really have no idea why it doesn't work for you ToonTotalWar.

I just checked your thread, some people saying that your file was corrupted. Perhaps that is it. Otherwise, I'm out of explanations lol on why my updated NTE mod would not load.

Yeah, Master Necromancer, did you have any trouble downloading, installing, and running my updated NTE mod?

Based on rising subscriptions on Steam Workshop and no complaints, I think that ummm it all works. I really have no idea why it doesn't work for you ToonTotalWar.

I just checked your thread, some people saying that your file was corrupted. Perhaps that is it. Otherwise, I'm out of explanations lol on why my updated NTE mod would not load.
    Ok thansk for looking into this, but all i request that you download my mod and use your mod together and you will see that the game just hangs on loading screen that indicates a problem with file system not loading correctly

Hmm Okies. Which version of your mod to download and test alongside my mod? Thanks.

Nope works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Ok thansk for looking into this, but all i request that you download my mod and use your mod together and you will see that the game just hangs on loading screen that indicates a problem with file system not loading correctly
    First of all no one can run your mod still. Secondly this mod or any other unit mod won't work with your mod since u use building chains from previous patch and this mod is updated to new building chains, so at best case IF Turan can run your mod his units will appear in custom battles but not in the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    First of all no one can run your mod still. Secondly this mod or any other unit mod won't work with your mod since u use building chains from previous patch and this mod is updated to new building chains, so at best case IF Turan can run your mod his units will appear in custom battles but not in the campaign.
    This mod has nothing to do with my mod not running which has now been fixed. I have tried running this mod on its own with no other mods and still it crashes. Until I find the problem I cannot add into the AIO mod. I wish to solve the problem as this is a great mod and needs the updated version in my mod

This mod has nothing to do with my mod not running which has now been fixed. I have tried running this mod on its own with no other mods and still it crashes. Until I find the problem I cannot add into the AIO mod. I wish to solve the problem as this is a great mod and needs the updated version in my mod
    I just tested it a second ago. It works fine.

Hmmm...

Since your mod only works for you and mods that work for others don't work for you, I am guessing the problem lies in your TW installation. Perhaps try to verify steam cache?

I just tested it a second ago. It works fine.

Hmmm...

Since your mod only works for you and mods that work for others don't work for you, I am guessing the problem lies in your TW installation. Perhaps try to verify steam cache?
    My mod works fine!!! I just updated my thread lol

My mod works fine!!! I just updated my thread lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles XII View Post
    Downloaded and installed latest upload, still crashes on start up.

Did it twice just to make sure.
    Quoted from your thread today. And as a fact since you released the patch 15 version no one except you confirmed it is working. Please don't yell I only want to help you.

In any case THIS mod works perfectly fine.

Quoted from your thread today. And as a fact since you released the patch 15 version no one except you confirmed it is working. Please don't yell I only want to help you.

In any case THIS mod works perfectly fine.
    I have updated the mod this morning look at my thread it clearly states (21/9/2014), anyways this is not the place to discuss my mod. Fell free to try my latest updated version and report any problems on my thread.

Thanks Master Necromancer, at least I know that it works for some people.

ToonTotalWar, I was just confused yesterday at which version to use, but now I'll use this morning's 09/21/2014 version and help try to find where the issue is.

I think Master Necromancer's point on new building chains is spot-on! That may actually be the culprit. But we'll see.

Still, I really do honestly think that the issue is not with my mod.

Otherwise, Dutchie and others would have had crashes.. instead they have some other issues, like Radious Total War mod overwriting my newer TGNTE modded units, so none of my new units show up. Basically, Radious just needs to update the Barbarian Unit pack 1 with this new Emperor Edition of NTE.

Heya ToonTotalWar!

So, I've finally downloaded and tested your hefty 1.5+GB mod. Yes, there is a crash running your version 3.4 AIOM against my Emperor Edition NTE. Here are my findings:

1) First of all, 3.4 AIOM has the OLD NTE mod inside it still. This is the source of the conflict.

The older NTE has buildings and mercenaries information that I have removed. If you've edited the ESF to allow these mercenaries, they're no longer in the Emperor edition of NTE and thus again might cause conflict, since the ESF is looking for Mercs who aren't there anymore.

So, I've went ahead and updated your mod by removing ALL my previous TGNTE entries.
    This NTE-free AIOM 3.4 now works just fine with NO CRASHES with my updated NTE v2.0 or Emperor Edition.

Just for completeness sake, here's your AIOM v3.4 integrated and updated with my NTE v2.0:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/5a...me2_NTEv2.pack

Again it no longer crashes upon the splash screen. The Grand Campaign works fine now.
    Here are some screenshots:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Aorsoi Horse Archers

NEW Steppe ‘Amazonian’ Guardians

NOTE: You can tell my new TGNTE units because the unit cards are more vanilla-style, not BullGod’s masterful, irreplaceable work. I’m really sad to hear that BullGod hasn’t been on much. What a tremendous loss to the entire TWC community.

HOWEVER, unlike the functioning Grand Campaign, your Custom Battles crash, ToonTotalWar.
    This is REGARDLESS WITH or WITHOUT my mod being present.

2) I've noticed a steppemercs mod with Steppe Aorsoi Horse Archers and others. While for Emperor Edition of NTE or NTE 2.0 that shouldn't be a problem since I no longer deal with mercenaries.

However, if and when I'll update to include mercenaries WITH ESF editing, then my mod would conflict with this steppemercs mod, since I too would use Merc_Aorsoi_Horse_Archers

3) I have noticed that you have THREE tables which PFM marked as YELLOW, as meaning OUT-OF-DATE. These may be affecting compatibility further.

I. land_units_tables
    Particularly the following mod entries are highlighted YELLOW OUT OF DATE in this folder:
    EC2_land_units
    EC3_land_units
    EC4_land_units
    TWH_MAC_UP_land_units
    TWH_MHF_land_units
    TWH_SAP_land_units

II. mercenary_pool_to_groups_junctions_tables
    Particularly the following mod entries are highlighted YELLOW OUT OF DATE in this folder:
    cart_mercenary_pool_to_groups_junctions
    merccelts_mercenary_pool_to_groups_junctions
    tgnte_mercenary_pool_to_groups_junctions [removed]
    Note: Due to ALL THREE being outdated, I think that this entire table is either outdated or completely gone from patch 16/v2.0

III. naval_units_tables
    This ONE mod in particular is highlighted OUTDATED
    AARE_naval_units

Well, I hope that helped ya, ToonTotalWar. Btw, an awesomely magnificent conglameration of mods. I wonder how you made them all play nice with each other haha.

TLDR: In the end, my NTE version 2.0 EMPEROR Edition was fine. It was just a conflict with its previous self mostly.

Best!
    Turan
    Last edited by TuranianGhazi; September 21, 2014 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Reuploaded an image. imgur is getting blocked by Mozilla, so using :wub: Internet Explorer

TuranianGhazi - Can you post me the files so that I can update my mod as I have already made significant updates since you updated my version and this will now be outdated? send me the working version by PM, thanks mate.

EDIT: Having cross checked this version of your mod with previous versions it seems that many db file entries were removed, so i removed all elements of your original mod and applied your new version all seems to be working fine now mate, thanks
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; September 22, 2014 at 02:14 AM.

Splendid! I'm very glad to hear that you've got it sorted now ToonTotalWar.

Oh I did link your own AOIM mod already updated with NTE 2.0... however now I realize that AIOM 3.4 was outdated by that point.

Yes, that's what I was trying to tell that the conflict arose between NTE 1.0 (old version) and NTE 2.0 (new EMPEROR EDITION version) mainly because of BUILDINGS and MERCENARIES elements which I have removed. Yes, you got it! Awesome!

Typo in Unit Variants for the Unit Card as "Ste_Sar_Armoured_Lancers" should be instead "Ste_Sar_Armored_Lancers"

Thus, previously, Sarmatian Armored Lancers were not available for Custom Battle and Grand Campaign because of misalignment with the right Unit Card, all due to the "-u-", silly me.

I'm sorry for this typo. I've already updated Steam Workshop and Sourceforge links.

I'll be much more careful about this sort of thing. It should really have been caught BEFORE.

Also, I began a few rounds as Roxolani and Siraces and noticed that none of the new units were available... because both the Roxolani and Siraces start NOT in a town, but a farmstead. So I might change/update TGNTE or instead I think it puts a nice incentive to own settlements for Nomads in order to field more and better troops. Otherwise, you get only CA troops. I think it's a good demarcation.

What do you think?

Typo in Unit Variants for the Unit Card as "Ste_Sar_Armoured_Lancers" should be instead "Ste_Sar_Armored_Lancers"

Thus, previously, Sarmatian Armored Lancers were not available for Custom Battle and Grand Campaign because of misalignment with the right Unit Card, all due to the "-u-", silly me.

I'm sorry for this typo. I've already updated Steam Workshop and Sourceforge links.

I'll be much more careful about this sort of thing. It should really have been caught BEFORE.

Also, I began a few rounds as Roxolani and Siraces and noticed that none of the new units were available... because both the Roxolani and Siraces start NOT in a town, but a farmstead. So I might change/update TGNTE or instead I think it puts a nice incentive to own settlements for Nomads in order to field more and better troops. Otherwise, you get only CA troops. I think it's a good demarcation.

What do you think?
    Don't know about that, I started the game with Thyssagetae and I am having loads of fun.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast