Thread: Why are french and british troops out ranged by everyone?

Default Why are french and british troops out ranged by everyone?

First off i have to say this is by far my favorite mod now because battles now feel like actual battles but i couldn't help but notice almost if not all factions out range french and british troops. Why is that?

Default Re: Why are french and british troops out ranged by everyone?

Only skirmishers outrange non-skirmish infantry. Are you sure there is not some other mod conflicting or the unit in question was not on higher elevation? Sometimes AI tends to gain weird range boosts for projectiles from higher ground.

I had the same problem, but after I deinstalled WoS4 all units had range 50,
    which seems really low... is 50 the normal range?

50 is indeed the correct range for line inf muskets for every faction. 65 and 75 for skirmish muskets and rifles respectively in comparison.
    Last edited by Mjarr; October 02, 2013 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Typo and clarification

yeah i have WoS4 installed and british/french have 50 range and everyone else has 80

Foederatus

I have the same problem with Wos4 just found out after a huge battle( playing with 40 units ) against the spanish.

Have you tried the older versions of Wos or any other mod that is compatible?I really liked the effects given so would like to find something equally good!

Great mod the BAI is actually good and challenging liking it alot so far!

i'll check, but there should be version of WOS compatible with NER somewhere on my disc.. or i might adjust the current version to be compatible (practically you just need to delete duplicate tables which are already altered in NER)

Decanus

I would like to point out that the mod description claims a range of 85 for line infantry and in fact, you are meant to determine whether or not NER is activated by checking those ranges. Plz fix the mod description... 50 right? Also, the mod installation instructions on one page are referring to a number of pack files that I don't believe are required for the latest release.. please fix these things up for your fan base's easy of use and clarity