Thread: Late game CTD as Rome? 66 BC bugs rears it head?

Default Late game CTD as Rome? 66 BC bugs rears it head?

Has anyone been having problems with a weird late game CTD when playing as Rome? I'm having the same problem another poster had although he hasn't gotten any replies: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...out-10-seconds

Without fail when I load my saved game RSII will crash from the strategy map in about 10-15 seconds no matter what I do (even if I don't start script). Hitting the next turn button causes an instant CTD a la the 66 BC bug from RTR6 (which I was under the impression was solved by using AUC). But it gets a bit weirder than that...

My current save game (lets call in RomePrimary2) is at 626 AUC, and will crash without fail as mentioned above. I have a backup save (lets call it RomeBackup) at around 610 AUC which will load just fine. I originally found this problem when I quit a prior session at 624 AUC (lets call this savegame RomePrimary1). When I went back to load RomePrimary1 I got this crash. Figuring it was probably a corrupt save game file I went back and replayed from RomeBackup and was able to play without any problems all the way up to 626 AUC. I then saved the game (creating RomePrimary2 and overwriting Rome Primary1 in the process) thinking I was in the clear. But no luck - same problem.

It seems odd that by chance I would get two corrupt save game files in a row like that. It seems that issue may be either a memory leak/infinite loop or some strange version of the 66 BC bug where some hardcoded rule from vanilla RTW starts looking for factions that aren't there anymore when I load the game and causes it too crash. If I remember the RTR team realized that the 66 BC bug happened based on the #turns from the start of the game and not necessarily what year/number system was shown on the in-game calendar.

I'm playing Rome 1-turn, M/M, garrison script off, high res general, on a Win7 core i5 without beaucoup ram (8 gigs). So far only two factions have been eliminated (Carthage and Iberia) and I have yet to initiate the Marian Reforms (maybe this is a problem???).

Naturally I don't want to give up on this session! I've included both save game files (RomeBackup and RomePrimary2) if someone could take a look.
    Attached Files Attached Files