Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Status update

Default Status update

Hi all

It's been some time since I last posted any news around here, mainly because there wasn't that much to write about due to studies/work/younameit (master of science now yay!). I recently got a new laptop though and have done quite some work on getting 3.0 ready for release this summer (but then got addicted to Rome 2). I estimate that there's about 30-40 working hours needed still, will just somehow have to find those hours first Fortunately The Wise Coffin is going to help out, which should speed things up a bit. Will keep you updated!

/nero666
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Default Re: Status update

Do you plan on using the RS2 environment mod in 3.0? I ask this because all the links for it are dead

I'm quite sure we have implemented those, you could check from the screenshots in http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-III-Preview-I if you want.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That's awesome news! Do you plan to have a new campaign map? With how many cities?

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

That's great news, i confess i never even played much 2.2 because i really like the previews for 3.0. I will be waiting eagerly.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Great news! I stopped trying to play RoP after reading about the v3 previews/ promises made on nerfing Hoplites.

So yeah I hope you guys can release v3!
    炸鸡

How's progress?

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

I am going to start on the work today.
    I have not been working on the mod in this couple of days, but now i will continue the work.

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Yay! This is not dead!

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

The bugzapping definitely is.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Im sorry to say, yuezhi, but i never had any bugs or crashes in the old version of Rise of Persia, so i can't help you.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks for excellent news, it will be great to try new version of RoP soon. I will install RTW once again when new version will come out!

I also saw your request about the creation of historical battle ships in EB II forums. I´m not sure if you see my answer there, but try to post here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...and-Animations. Maybe you will get some help

Good luck with RoP 3.0

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Maybe in the first week of december i will post update videos of the units that i am putting in the factions, and many other modifications of ROP3.
    I would begin my videos today if i could but i have my microphone broken.

that would be great! is the microphone needed for the videos?

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

I want to explain some thing to you guys.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

New update or something else?

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

I just want to show the mod!
    I will show first in custom battle, the new units in the mod and also the musics that i have been puting in the mod.
    And in some time i think i will also show you guys the campaign map.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Talking about updates i need the opinion of ROP Fans.
    For some months now the members of ROP are not responding, even the mod leader, so i tough to make modifications on my own, so that we can be able to play the mod soon; however a gentleman that i have been speaking to in the forums is not a big fan of me making modifications without the mod members consent. Of course that i would not say that my modifications would be in the final releaase, but i wanted to make them so that whend i showed to the mod members my changes they could say what they wanted or what they dont want. However this gentleman that i asked to help me change the mod is not willing to help me, he just wants to make is own modifications like me, because he doesn't like my proposals of modifications.

1- Replace Taras for Syracuse
    2- Replace Baktria for the Etruscans
    3- With the last slot for a faction, you guys could decide what is the new faction
    4- Add more settlements

He says that Taras was more important than Syracuse (I disagree) I've been researching (Mainly Wikipedia ) Taras was indeed powerful, but in the 5th and 4th century BC. Also Baktria was only an Independent nation in 255 BC, whend it rebelled from the Seleucids; by this time, 559 BC, it was part of the Median Empire.
    One thing that gentleman also says is that the Etruscans should not be in this mod, because the mod members want this mod to be focused in the east.
    I say to him, if the mod members want that why they increased the campaign map to the west (The campaign map now as all of sicily and almost all italy) and didn't increased the east (The east part of the map remains the same) So i think that they want to expand their toughts also to the west. And the Etruscans should be in it, their awesome!!!!

Please ROP Fans say what do you guys think of these changings that i want, do you agree or not?
    I want to the mod to be the best, it was this mod that made me like Total War. I think the mod members will listen, whend they show any sign of life.
    Last edited by The Wise Coffin; November 26, 2013 at 08:35 AM.

1) Having both of them would be great.

2) I would keep Baktria and give them some units maybe from a later timeframe (for example, EB's Baktria is one of the best factions in any TW game, imo)

But if you intend to include Etruscans, Rome, Taras (or Syracuse or both) it would make the war in the Italian Peninsula and Sicily very interesting. It depends of course on the number of provinces your map will have on these areas.

3) Greeks of Kimmerios Bosporos (Chersonesos, Pantikapaion) or another Indian faction. Something we have not really seen in other mods. Autariatai or others could be left out. I think choices of factions should be made based on how interesting their unit roster will be and if the TW fan base is tired of seeing the same factions on every mod.

4) I don't know how many settlements are currently on the map. The more the merrier, but if this is going to delay the mod even more, then save it for later.

Even if you two don't agree on certain matters, i believe there must be room for co-operation.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Taking out the Autariatai?
    That i don't know, but what i really want in my opinion is adding the Etruscans, to make Italy more interesting place to play a campaign.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast