Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.2 (New Options for Seleucids, Nomads and Barbarians 10/22/13)

Quote Originally Posted by versengeteriks View Post
    Found that for your full mod the Africans and Arabs can't confederate.
    Versengeteriks, I can't seem to replicate this bug. Using the All Factions Playable mod and my mod, I was able to confederate using any of the African and Arabian factions. I didn't have to add anything to the text files.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3 (New Options for Seleucids, Nomads and Barbarians 10/27/13)

Update 2.3
    Increased the amount of money gained by Sacking a city.
    Slightly lowered public order penalty for Looting a city.
    Last edited by Dresden; October 27, 2013 at 10:17 PM.

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3 (New Options for Seleucids, Nomads and Barbarians 10/27/13)

I use "all factions" too. must be something wrong with one of the mods im using somewhere, When I checked my files those lines were missing. after adding them I got the confederacy option. and I don't have any other conflict showing up???? never mind.

at least this mod I working as it should then. sorry for the false alarm.

Jigggler's Avatar Libertus

Mhmmm no, i tried to re-install but nothing happened.

@Jigggler If you download the mod from this site, it won't have a picture. You have to subscribe to it on Steam Workshop.

The recent update is conflicting with Radious and some other mods, so I am probably going to be rolling this back for now. I want to make Sack more profitable, but it unfortunately makes the mod have compatibilty issues.

Solved. Was my problem, I think I had the mod from before patch 5 and kept the old files. Ty anyway Dresden.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    @Jigggler If you download the mod from this site, it won't have a picture. You have to subscribe to it on Steam Workshop.

The recent update is conflicting with Radious and some other mods, so I am probably going to be rolling this back for now. I want to make Sack more profitable, but it unfortunately makes the mod have compatibilty issues.
    Okay np, make any changes you want/need. I'll keep supporting your job.

Posted on Steam but I cant seem to work out why Conferation option for Greeks aren't working. The same blood icon is there but there's no option to confederate. No other mod in my directory changes the same files.
    Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

When I only use this mod, I get the Join Confederation option for Greeks. However, others have reported that they do not. Also, when I use this with one of my startpos mods (Seleukeia, Hegemonia) then the Greeks can't confederate.

I have tried adding their factions to the special table that has Seleucids and Baktria, but that doesn't seem to affect anything. I was hoping that bypassing the subculture restrictions table would do something, but it doesn't. I am not certain why they gave Seleucids and Baktria their own diplomatic options table, but they did.

Edit: I think I figured out why Greeks can't confederate when using my Seleukeia and Hegemonia mods. It is because I used the confederation method to create the Seleucid Empire, and they are greek. So, there is technically already a Hellenic confederation. I could try to fix this by creating a new subculture for the Seleucids, if that is even possible.
    Last edited by Dresden; October 28, 2013 at 08:38 PM.

Libertus

just a confirmation. the mod is not compatible with STIM 2.1 as when i started a new campaign, everything was glitchy and buggy (encountered a rome vs rome display despite the battle being iceni and its northern neighbour) hopefully this gets fixed soon. really enjoy the sack feature overall. (planning to sack rome and carthage as the iceni despite not occupying their territories xD)

I'm going to give this mod a go after having seen it for a long time.

What I feel is VERY important in campaigns is to have certain factions and cultures tend to use a certain method of expansion over others.

FOR INSTANCE: In order to replicate historical circumstances, the Romans and Parthians and the like should annex most often (obviously). On the other hand, if the Barbarian factions more or or less EXCLUSIVELY looted a settlement, then that would show their nomadic and subsistence style of culture mechanic!

If you can work this into the mod I think it would make campaign gameplay fantastic. Then we'd see lots of battles and wars, but not as many random factions like Daorsi taking regions like Cyprus or Ibossim (or places even further afield!).

I'd love to see the Insubres (or some gallic tribe) declare war on Rome, then march down to Roma and defeat them, then loot the crap out of them, then move on elsewhere, thus leaving the Romans in control of Roma, and fulfilling a well known historical event!!
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

@Xaero.xiii Not sure why this isn't compatiblew ith STIM unless he edits the same tables (and all those tables affect is diplomatic and occupation options).

@Thomas Cochrane Interesting ideas. I could make an optional mod that takes the occupation option away from the barbarians. But, it is all or nothing unfortunately.

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod (updated)

Does this by any chance make war targets work better? I've never had client states or allies actually listen to me. Sure I'll get the "war target acknowledged" indicator but they'll never send armies to where I want them to.

@Downtown Unfortunately, no. I am not sure the effectiveness of war targets is something that is moddable. I can look into it though.

This should be compatible with patch 7 beta.

I installed this on Steam Workshop and now my client states don't join me in war. They don't even appear on the declare war screen.

@blackberryalpha That is a bug with patch 7 beta and not this mod. Hopefully CA will fix it.

Hi Dresden, thx for the awesome mods!

One question: It seems your satrapies can't join your confederation. Would it be possible to allow this?
    Example: I'm Seleucia and the Sardes are my satrapy. They block regions I'd like to have for getting whole provinces. I really wouldn't want to declare war on my closest ally to get them, but there is no other way in vanilla.

You have to break a client state or satrapy relationship before you can offer them to Join Confederation. It is annoying but there is nothing I can do about it

sorry,find why
    Last edited by william456; November 25, 2013 at 07:47 PM.