Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.0 (updated)

Okay, thanks for looking into it.

I myself like the idea of satrapies being available to everyone because currently client states are too rogue, and their "overlord" faction can't ask them to make peace.

For anyone using patch 4 beta, this mod is compatible with that patch.

Aurielius's Avatar Foederatus

My personal thanks, being a roman player it was a pain not being able to just send a punitive expedition without having to take control of a barbarian province. Great mod, much improved my campaign play.

Thanks for this mod sir!
    Although ive encountered problems not with the mod but when i tend to liberate a city it becomes my ally as an ally it has diplomatic privileges like declaring war on my satraps as their overlord I should protect satraps and make war on the faction i just liberated.
    Is it possible for liberation to create a satrapy rather than an ally? thanks!

Primicerius

Sounds like an awesome mod, gonna try it.

Quote Originally Posted by -=Hiruzen=- View Post
    Thanks for this mod sir!
    Although ive encountered problems not with the mod but when i tend to liberate a city it becomes my ally as an ally it has diplomatic privileges like declaring war on my satraps as their overlord I should protect satraps and make war on the faction i just liberated.
    Is it possible for liberation to create a satrapy rather than an ally? thanks!
    Unfortunately, liberating a faction makes them an ally. You can subjugate a faction, also, but that is different.

When you are conquering a faction's final city, you can subjugate them. That turns them into a vassal.
    When you are conquering a city that used to belong to an already-destroyed faction, you can liberate them. This turns them into an ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Unfortunately, liberating a faction makes them an ally. You can subjugate a faction, also, but that is different.

When you are conquering a faction's final city, you can subjugate them. That turns them into a vassal.
    When you are conquering a city that used to belong to an already-destroyed faction, you can liberate them. This turns them into an ally.

maybe it can be edited in PFM? or is that a longshot?

I don't think it can be edited as it is a core feature in the game, basically hardcoded.

I don't think it can be edited as it is a core feature in the game, basically hardcoded.
    Too bad.. Ill just reconquer the cities i have liberated to make them satraps lol.. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Is it possible to make a "all satrapy" version of this mod? What I mean is that all factions can have satrapys AND when you liberate a place it is made a satrapy (or at least a client state) instead of an ally
    "Caution, Sir! I am eternally tired of hearing that word caution. It is nothing but the word of cowardice!" -John Brown

Sorry for asking what has already been asked, I didn't see that this there'd had a page 2 and 3
    "Caution, Sir! I am eternally tired of hearing that word caution. It is nothing but the word of cowardice!" -John Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Aelita View Post
    Sorry for asking what has already been asked, I didn't see that this there'd had a page 2 and 3
    No problem and, no, I don't think I can change the way liberate functions. I could be wrong, however. I will continue to look into it.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

We TOTALLY need a such script in Empire Total War. It is one of the things that really lacks in it. Any way to have a port ?
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Quote Originally Posted by Goutlard View Post
    We TOTALLY need a such script in Empire Total War. It is one of the things that really lacks in it. Any way to have a port ?
    I have never modded ETW, I could try to look into it but I am pretty sure it is an entirely different animal.

In answer to some requests, I still haven't figured out if you can change the way liberation operates (vassal instead of ally). I don't think its moddable but I will keep looking.

I have also been working on region trading but I think this is a dead end also for now.

Blitzkrieg80's Avatar Miles

Hey Dresden,

Just want to say Great Job and Thanks - really enjoying adding these aspects into the game! I have a modded version in my own mod :O)

It just stands out to me as one of the more useful and unique mods..

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg80 View Post
    Hey Dresden,

Just want to say Great Job and Thanks - really enjoying adding these aspects into the game! I have a modded version in my own mod :O)

It just stands out to me as one of the more useful and unique mods..
    Thanks for the positive feedback. I like to make mods that are small changes to the game that have a noticeable impact but don't try to do multiple things at once. I prefer to have specific changes to an aspect rather than one large overhaul that may have parts people like and don't like.

Not that I have anything against the overhaul modders! They do great work, my personal preference is just different
    Last edited by Dresden; October 13, 2013 at 07:52 PM.

Amazing mod! Downloaded now & will put to good use! Although...2 questions.

1) Will we see AI factions take use of their new options more often now?
    2) If I choose the pack that unlocks satrapies and client states for everyone, why would I ever make any client states? Aren't satrapies the same, except more controlled?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxmoaz View Post
    Amazing mod! Downloaded now & will put to good use! Although...2 questions.

1) Will we see AI factions take use of their new options more often now?
    2) If I choose the pack that unlocks satrapies and client states for everyone, why would I ever make any client states? Aren't satrapies the same, except more controlled?
    1 - You will see AI factions take advantage of the various changes. I cannot say how often, however.
    2 - There are a couple reasons you may choose client state over satrapy. First, it is easier to get a faction to agree to be a client state. Second, you may want a more free acting ally rather than a completely subservient one. The main reason, however, is because I didn't want to separate them because I would have had to make quite a few more mod choices

1 - You will see AI factions take advantage of the various changes. I cannot say how often, however.
    2 - There are a couple reasons you may choose client state over satrapy. First, it is easier to get a faction to agree to be a client state. Second, you may want a more free acting ally rather than a completely subservient one. The main reason, however, is because I didn't want to separate them because I would have had to make quite a few more mod choices
    Regardless, I salute you for your addition to the game! I always thought games after Empire were lacking diplomatic solutions & strategic diplomacy like Medieval 2 had. Pay people to war each other, raze cities, raze buildings, get rich, give province because far from your borders, allthewhile be loved by whoever you want as an ally, and so forth. This certainly helps, and adds a lot. The rest, is up to CA I suppose. Thank you! =)