Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod (updated)

Quote Originally Posted by Regoso View Post
    does this mod work if i change the pack type from movie to mod in the PFM
    It does might want to change it so ppl can turn it on/off instead of removing it if they dont want it for what ever reason

Edit: nvm i still had to movie file in there ill again later
    Last edited by Regoso; October 01, 2013 at 04:07 AM.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Loving the update.

I guess with confederations they can just join your faction? Too bad the etruscans are the only faction that is the same as rome =(

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.0 (updated)

@Black_Watch42, @The Border Reiver - I added a mod version that allows everyone to use satrapy and client state, but only barbarians can use confederations. Hopefully this is what you wanted.

@Regoso - I added mod version packs for people who prefer to use Mod Manager.

@Julio-Claudian, @millbro82 - Yes they have to be the "same blood," which means be the same subculture. So, Germanic, Gallic, Celtiberian, British are all separate. Rome can only join Etruscans. Carthage can only join with Libya and Nova Carthago (I made a separate mod for Carthage if anyone is interested - Qart-Hadast Mod).

I updated all the mods and added a new one, let me know if the links don't work (I had to do quite a few, hopefully I didn't mess any up). Feedback is always appreciated in case there are any bugs. Also, let me know if people want other options.

Would it be possible to add the ability in diplomacy to trade towns/cities. For example ill give you 5000 money for roma. Another question would be which one is the "realistic" version you reckon

btw great work!
    Last edited by Lt.Chris; October 01, 2013 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Chris View Post
    Would it be possible to add the ability in diplomacy to trade towns/cities. For example ill give you 5000 money for roma. Another question would be which one is the "realistic" version you reckon btw great work!
    I am not sure it is possible to add region trading, but I will keep looking into it. My personal choice for this mod is the one that just lets all factions sack and liberate. Personally, I like that each culture has its own unique diplomatic option. But, that's just me. Plenty of people like to have all the options.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

I take it this isn't compatible with the Imperial Survival Kit mod? Or am I doing something wrong? I just tried using them and the options just don't appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    I take it this isn't compatible with the Imperial Survival Kit mod? Or am I doing something wrong? I just tried using them and the options just don't appear.
    I just tested using the Imperial Survival Kit movie pack and startpos. I used my Sack, Liberate and all Diplomacy options movie pack. They seemed to work fine. I was able to sack a city and had the satrapy option as Rome.

Are you using any other mods? Vialabo's mod doesn't use any of the same tables as mine so should be compatible.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I just tested using the Imperial Survival Kit movie pack and startpos. I used my Sack, Liberate and all Diplomacy options movie pack. They seemed to work fine. I was able to sack a city and had the satrapy option as Rome.

Are you using any other mods? Vialabo's mod doesn't use any of the same tables as mine so should be compatible.
    Oh, odd. It was working fine and then I started a new campaign and added the Imperial mod and the options disappeared. I'll try it again.

Fun mod, nice to have a few more options. Thanks for the effort.

Great MOD. THANKS!!!

the question here is "all factions" as in vanilla playable, or ALL FACTIONS as in every faction in the game period??
    *Venienti Occurrite Morbo*
    Meet The Misfortune As It Comes
    -Latin Proverb-

"A house of judgment so divine,"
    "That we burn our brothers!"
    -Unearth - Hail the Shrine-

Quote Originally Posted by Killergold88 View Post
    the question here is "all factions" as in vanilla playable, or ALL FACTIONS as in every faction in the game period??
    After doing some testing, it looks like this mod is indeed compatible with the All Factions mod. So, any faction can take advantage of these changes.
    Last edited by Dresden; October 02, 2013 at 06:32 PM.

@Dresden: Sweet deal! will download this puppy for sure then, great work!!
    *Venienti Occurrite Morbo*
    Meet The Misfortune As It Comes
    -Latin Proverb-

"A house of judgment so divine,"
    "That we burn our brothers!"
    -Unearth - Hail the Shrine-

I have been working on adding region trading but this seems to be hardcoded out (for now). There are multiple entries in the database that have to do with region trading, so the feature was obviously in originally but cancelled at some point.

Hopefully CA will be putting this feature in themselves, since all of the diplomatic keys and strings exist currently in the db.

This is really great, thank you! +rep

Outstanding work.

Small question: is there a way to edit the text so that I can change the word "satrapy" in the game to something else, like "vassal" for example?

Why have I never seen the Liberate and Sack options before using this mod?

Are they faction specific or something?

this is most excellent.

I have been using it for a couple of days and its just great.

one thing that is stopping me from getting the other versions that dont just include liberation and sack is because Satrapies for barbarian tribes doesn't make much sense and neither does it for Rome or Carthage (maybe successor states)

maybe renaming it to Vassal would make more sense because "satrapie" is predominantly an eastern thing. though you should probably still remove it from barbarian tribes.

also has anyone seen AI factions actually using the confederation thing?

@Naja Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to change the name of Satrapy to Vassal. That may change in the future with more mod tools.

@Toho I agree that satrapies don't make sense for the western factions. I personally like the version of this mod that is just Sack/Liberation. However, there are quite a few people who like to have all the diplomatic options so that's why I included them.

@Murderin Liberate and Sack are only for Barbarian factions in vanilla Rome2. This mod opens up those options for all factions.