Thread: How to translate it...

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Default How to translate it...

Hi guys,

I managed to open and edit the files i need through the PFM tool in order to make a Greek translation, but in game i have this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i65bvqfm2z...enshot6580.bmp

Does this happen due to the fact that the PFM tool doesn't support unicode encoding? Because as far as i know you need to change the encoding from ANSI to Unicode if you want to keep untouched different characters like Russian or Greek.

Any ideas what could i do about this?
    Thanks all of you in advance......

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Default Re: How to translate it...

No, PFM does support Unicode; it depends on the db file whether it's encoded in Unicode or ASCII actually, PFM can do both.
    I'm not really sure about translating, but IIUC, you need to edit the .loc files rather than the db files themselves.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Default Re: How to translate it...

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    No, PFM does support Unicode; it depends on the db file whether it's encoded in Unicode or ASCII actually, PFM can do both.
    I'm not really sure about translating, but IIUC, you need to edit the .loc files rather than the db files themselves.
    I've tried that exporting the .loc files as TSV and editing them, then import them again (3.1 version), but the characters of the text in the game still to be weird.

Not sure what i can do more, but it would be a great step forward if someone succeed to give to the people a tool or an option via PFM to translate files that people desires.
    Last edited by Alkimachos; September 29, 2013 at 08:15 AM.

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum