Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Can CA recover from Rome 2 ?

Default Re: Can CA recover from Rome 2 ?

Maybe, after they fix all bugs, glitches and issues regarding gameplay (units statistics, combat speed, testudo, phalanx, ai, blobbing, etc...)

I hope for pelepponesian total war expansion....

Hope medieval 3 is the next one with war of the roces expansion....

Afterwards, china total war: warring kingdoms with mongol invasion expansion...
    Last edited by jamreal18; October 19, 2013 at 10:30 PM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

What makes me feeling uncomfortable is their changed strategy.
    Till patch 4 we had weekly patches withva beta before which gave me the feeling at least we are live in the fixing process.

NOW for 5 there was no beta and they commit they are at 7 already and there is NO beta 6 on the wiki.

This is not a good sign for me. Also the weekly patching COULD delay.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Seems like the promise of weekly patches came to nothing after all.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Since my PC is formatted and I am redownloading every Steam game and unable to play them yet, may I ask if that Patch 5 change anything of note? Any good features came back?
    Nothing essential the only feature back is you can set up interface to show number of units.

I played two 2v2 multiplayer with friends and it was scary enough units simple cannot maintain formation my horses where scattered over the whole map or he selected routed once idk. Spears do not attack properly the best Spartans have same length spears as my hoplites. I won versus Spartans easily. This unit type needs tons of micro to make them attacking properly.

One troop of hoplites i sent to the left flank and a quarter of the unit was 2meters behind the others while they run double time.

Shameful display.
    It was costly victory for me and my team mate. And it lagged like hell not fps drops but stuttering and even halted game for synchro. We all have latest computers.
    Last edited by alQamar; October 19, 2013 at 11:50 PM.
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kesa82 View Post
    occasionally being old / being a history buff has some advantage ;
    In this case I can easily predict the future, not because I have psychic powers, but simply because, " I have been there and done that. "

Miniature war gaming / historical war gaming is actually a little over 100 years old. CA's only real innovation was transferring unwieldy miniature war gaming from someones garage floor to the convenient and compact computer screen ( also to build a decent army of actual lead toy soldiers cost a fortune ) and the computer conveniently takes care of the fuss and bother of shuffling through a stack of fire-effects-tables , and rolling dice.
    That's really all there is to it.

Now, this part is a guess , but I would guess that as this technology becomes old technology, it will consequently become CHEAPER technology.

THEN history will repeat itself :
    Miniature war gaming / historical war gaming was always ( 100 years if you recall ) a tiny market. The business , such as it was, was always, typically, run out of some eccentric obsessives garage.
    arcade gaming for Jock 12 year olds always was an entirely different business, and always will be, and Miniature war gaming / historical war gaming will in time go back to what it always was i.e. the CA of the future will be run by some obsessive crank out of his garage with perhaps a few other ill-paid crankish obsessives on the payroll.
    And the arcade business will go back to the arcade business , and arcade gamers, as always, will say , " Miniature war gaming / historical war gaming ? uhh......what's that ? "

simple. and it's already happened that way twice before.
    Interesting post

Perhaps as we talk about repetitive history let's go back to 1964:

"If I understood the question correctly, you are saying that there are people in West Germany who want us to mobilize the construction workers of the capital of East Germany to build a wall. No one has any intention of building a wall."

NO ONE HAS ANY INTENTION OF LEAVING ROME 2 UNFIXED
    -
    WE NEVER SPENT MORE RESSOURCES INTO AI DEVELOPMENT
    Last edited by alQamar; October 20, 2013 at 12:12 AM.

Best thing you can all do (if you're unhappy with the state of Rome II) is keep up the pressure on the developers until it reaches the state which you believe is reasonable. Not everybody is going to have the same view; some believe it was brilliant on release, some that it reached there in an earlier patch, others that it's getting there... and there are those that think it's dead in the water. That's awesome, it shows that Total War has a diverse audience so we're less-likely to reach a point where the series gets stale.

Simpson has promised to continue support for the game in the long-term, only time will tell if this is true. If for whatever reason, you feel unsatisfied with where the game ends up than the best thing you can do is not buy another one. Look to another game to scratch the itch Total War used to. Look at Paradox or other smaller developers, there are a large number of Empire-building games out there and with continued support they maybe able to reach the level you always wanted Total War to reach.

People should stop taking this so seriously. They released a game that's not worth $60 - if you forked that over, it's a sunk cost, no sense banging your head against the wall in anger or spite. If you didn't, well then don't, it's as simple as that. Go enjoy life, go outside, read a book, turn on an old TW game or Civ or whatever your favorite non-TW strategy series is. Whatever you do, don't waste your time here beating a dead horse.

You'll be happier just letting it be for now. Forget about it, lose your attachment to it, and peek back in later and see if it's not worth taking for a spin. I peek in periodically here for that reason. When it's down to $15 with all the DLC's included, polished off, and with well-developed mods, then it's time to have some fun.

Rare is the game that I buy for more than half the original price anymore, I'd rather pay $15 to get a well-polished work than $60 to get an early beta myself. There are enough fulfilling things to do out there and well-polished games to play that I'd rather not spend all my gaming time eternally playing unpolished, buggy games just because they look shiny.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Loads of truth in that Alteris. I reduced my time discussing a lot.

Tiro

Well said.I've stopped complaining and discussing as well.I've gave up on this one, not playing, game is deleted from my SSD.Is not worth it to call each other an idiot for something we can't change anyway.From time to time I check a forum to see what's new, but that's all.

CA though, has to fix this game or else they would fall off the cliff. If they fix the game, a lot of fans will come back. If they stop after a few patches (they are showing hints of this already) like Empire, they will lose their sales for future games almost permanently, along with 'fan-magnet' and the name of the franchise, and go out of business unless they can turn profits with their other arcade games.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

CA though, has to fix this game or else they would fall off the cliff. If they fix the game, a lot of fans will come back. If they stop after a few patches (they are showing hints of this already) like Empire, they will lose their sales for future games almost permanently, along with 'fan-magnet' and the name of the franchise, and go out of business unless they can turn profits with their other arcade games.
    I doubt that. The sales will be not affect imho as there are too many hardcore fans not to speak about lovers. 150 declined in a poll on .com they want a removal that torches can burn down iron gates.
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ron+gates+poll
    Or even this:

"This game really makes me excited for Medieval 3."

Performance issues talked down:
    Minimum of 20-25 fps is ok. Some other said wanting more on that rig (4670k 770GTX) is having TOO HIGH STANDARDS.

THEN most fans do not use forums. And a lot cannot agree to the massive complaints for them the game is flawless on current state of patch 5. I'd say they do have LOW STANDARDS.
    Last edited by alQamar; October 20, 2013 at 03:19 AM.

wow ... after reading this thread I've got to say: You guys got really obsessive with this video game that wasn't what you've hoped for. Actually I don't even know what to say anymore. You are discussing the end and financial ruin of a company, the end of a genre. In fact everything CA does at the moment seems to be wrong for you. Pardon - not only wrong: All part of an evil plan to destroy the RPG Strategy War Gaming Genre and grab your personal money - I think they are building a Death Star with the profit they made of cheated TWC users.

I wonder if you believe that everyone shares your opinion and intense feelings(!) on Rome 2. If so - you are wrong. There are people out there who can still deal properly with this subject; although they are disappointed as well.

But cmon ... take the Topic alone (Can CA ever(!!) recover...) wtf guys?

Please... just let this thread die. The initial criticism (28. September) is no longer valid because CA has fixed nearly all of the bugs, especially with patch 4 and 5. We even do have mod support very early after the initial release.
    I stopped playing rome2 three days after release because it was a mess... I've started a new campaign after the release of patch 4 and yesterday after patch 5 and I was entertained.
    The AI is no longer acting braindead and like fools, I would dare to say that it is the best TW-AI that I have experienced yet.

Please guys... stop the bragging, CA fixed the mess very fast and now the game is enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by YassirX View Post
    CA has fixed nearly all of the bugs, especially with patch 4 and 5.
    Oh God what world are we living in.

Well, they might've surely fixed the bugs. But what about the fundamental flaws and the 'problems from the roots' that plague this game?

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by YassirX View Post
    Please... just let this thread die. The initial criticism (28. September) is no longer valid because CA has fixed nearly all of the bugs, especially with patch 4 and 5. We even do have mod support very early after the initial release.
    I stopped playing rome2 three days after release because it was a mess... I've started a new campaign after the release of patch 4 and yesterday after patch 5 and I was entertained.
    The AI is no longer acting braindead and like fools, I would dare to say that it is the best TW-AI that I have experienced yet.

Please guys... stop the bragging, CA fixed the mess very fast and now the game is enjoyable.
    Hi there please play a siege with a walled town. Give the ai siege engines and towers. After that please come back and share a report about the AI behaviour. Thank you!

Oh God what world are we living in.

Well, they might've surely fixed the bugs. But what about the fundamental flaws and the 'problems from the roots' that plague this game?

No dude. In what world are YOU living, getting this obsessed with a video game that has sequels every 2-3 years. This isn't even a discussion of pro/con it's just like: Wahwah - CA promised me this and that but it wasn't what I expected! Sue. World's ending. Act of terror. A whole sea of tears and a lot of polemical obsessions a healthy human being shouldn't get because of a mere video game.

Icon1 Re: Can CA recover from Rome 2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Haematopoesis View Post
    No dude. In what world are YOU living, getting this obsessed with a video game that has sequels every 2-3 years. This isn't even a discussion of pro/con it's just like: Wahwah - CA promised me this and that but it wasn't what I expected! Sue. World's ending. Act of terror. A whole sea of tears and a lot of polemical obsessions a healthy human being shouldn't get because of a mere video game.

You're right, the world is not coming to an end, no terrorist act has befallen us, but as I keep pointing out to people like you is:

When you purchase an item that was dishonestly marketed to hell and back on disguising its true nature" half finished, broken, and just plain crap, the worst product they ever released, most of those people who spent $60 on this lie rightly feel they've been scammed and have no intention to go quietly into the night. The complaints my die down, but they won't forget who scammed them;SEGA/CA.

If you feel they still take this too serious I can only assume you don't buy your own games or money has no value to you.

Good gaming
    Need your Rome itch scratched. Head for Total War: eras Forum. Your Empire Beckons.
    RS2,EB1,RTR,SPQR,Diadochi,RTH,Troy,IBFD,Hegemonia City States,77BC FRRE,more.
    EB2 needs modders. click The EBII Recruitment thread, mod Medieval 2 for ancient eras.
    (Now a community service announcement) Feel you're being cheated and deceived by bad game releases? Let us agree, no preorders from any company known to release incomplete games. Wait for the game to come out to decide. This will eventually cut down on bad releases and reduce forums that pit fellow gamers against one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Haematopoesis View Post
    You ever kick up a stink in a restaurant when what you ordered didn't turn out how you expected it to, or how it was advertised to be? This is the exact same situation, but because it's a video game, it's somehow childish or obsessive to kick up this much of a fuss?

It doesn't matter if it's a video game, a car or whatever. People paid money with the expectation they were going to get what they paid for, what was marketed and advertised by the creators. Instead, what we got was an alpha build, riddled with bugs and other gameplay issues; not even a quarter of the product we expected.

I can make all the analogies in the world about the exact same situation in other scenarios, but for some people the point will just never sink in.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by stackero View Post
    You're right, the world is not coming to an end, no terrorist act has befallen us, but as I keep pointing out to people like you is:

When you purchase an item that was dishonestly marketed to hell and back on disguising its true nature" half finished, broken, and just plain crap, the worst product they ever released, most of those people who spent $60 on this lie rightly feel they've been scammed and have no intention to go quietly into the night. The complaints my die down, but they won't forget who scammed them;SEGA/CA.

If you feel they still take this too serious I can only assume you don't buy your own games or money has no value to you.

Good gaming
    This.

@ Haematopoesis:

It`s a game. Look at this:

A watch: £30

A kettle: £30

A load of shopping of Groceries: £30

A game: £30

If your watched stopped every 30 minutes wouldn`t you be upset?
    If your kettle leaked water after a couple days wouldn`t you be upset?
    If your groceries were rotten, out of date, barely fit to eat, wouldn`t you be upset?

Why should a game be any different if it was paid for? You have the exact right to complain about it.

just because it`s a game doesn`t mean it`s ok to throw money on it and just accept being ripped off. Pile on the lies before hand and people will get even more upset and RIGHTLY so!
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; October 20, 2013 at 02:40 PM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Phalangite View Post
    You ever kick up a stink in a restaurant when what you ordered didn't turn out how you expected it to, or how it was advertised to be? This is the exact same situation, but because it's a video game, it's somehow childish or obsessive to kick up this much of a fuss?

It doesn't matter if it's a video game, a car or whatever. People paid money with the expectation they were going to get what they paid for, what was marketed and advertised by the creators. Instead, what we got was an alpha build, riddled with bugs and other gameplay issues; not even a quarter of the product we expected.

I can make all the analogies in the world about the exact same situation in other scenarios, but for some people the point will just never sink in.
    If that happens you can save on extra money, complain before you eat up and have the right to do.
    My gf and me happened that on a very exclusive gala dinner for 120 Euros. It was nothing as advertised. Some people even left
    We wrote a complaint to the CEO and got another invitation for free including drinks, which was fine. The quality was superb and I thanked the waiter personally for the great evening and service and headed a thank you to the kitchen, which I do in very rare occasions.
    Everyone was happy.

That's about analogies.
    Some people are not proud enough to claim their rights in appropriate situations.
    Last edited by alQamar; October 20, 2013 at 02:53 PM.