Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sandy's Workshop

Icon1 Sandy's Workshop

Hello. I am a 2d&3d modder for M2TW and I would like to regularly post some of my works here. It is also good to keep it all in one place.

[Resources] Heads Pack, Human Body, Medieval Knights
    [Tutorials] 01 Medieval Dagger, 02 Composite UV-Mapping, 03 Human Body, 04 Multi-layered Normal Maps
    [Submod] Gondor Visual Armor Upgrades (TATW v3.2)
    [Submod] Western Unit Overhaul for Deus lo Vult

Gondor Units
    Gondor Militia (2000-2500 polys):

Gondor Militia (upgrade):

Ithilien Rangers (3000 polys):

Gondor Archers (2500 polys):

Citadel Guard:

Western Unit Overhaul for Deus lo Vult

Medieval Knights

Other Stuff
    Do you recognize the icons?

Current status: working on the rosters of War of the Roses time period for Blood & Roses TW. My biggest commitment so far.

Sandy

Last edited by G|I|Sandy; September 09, 2014 at 11:52 PM.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Sandy's Workshop

Beautiful work, looks excellent. Welcome to the GW!

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Indefinitely Banned

Good work! Welcome to GW!

Yes, great job, and welcome to the Graphics Workshop!

Excellent contribution!! Only some criticism, they look too skinny even with armor. They could look bulkier, more muscular.
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

Wow, these guys look awesome, hope you'll do something for Rome II, too, if possible

I had a little break. Now i am back on track with modding. Almost finished, sergeant spearmen:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I took the advice about units being slim. Animations seem to twist the body so that it is slimmer than when i make the model. These sergeants are 10% thicker. I might increase that even more in the future.

About Rome 2, I am not interested in it unfortunately. I think CA went the wrong direction since Empire. The engine, i mean. I tried to like it a few times, but i failed... There are many people modding Rome 2 now, so there is no point for me to switch and learn a lot of new stuff. I want to come up with something definite and soon. It is hard for a person to mod many things at once and not compromise on more important things in life. Just some thoughts.

Sandy
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; November 20, 2013 at 09:09 PM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

nice work

GJ sir ! i want to see this in DLV ...

Town militia and sergeant spearmen for Deus lo Vult.

Sandy

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Very nice stuff

If I can make 1 comment, is it possible to lower a bit down the contrast for the sewings / folderings or to make them more progressive?
    I know that the appearences in screenshots and in game are different, so it might be the reason why.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Great stuff

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

Looks really good! A much needed re-work of the western vanilla lower-tier units. Will this only be released in your Deus Lo Vult, or will you release units as they are finished?

Lifthrasir, i will try to.

stoogeofstooges, every mod has its own rosters and differences. Since the mod will be open-source, anyone with some basic understanding of modding can incorporate them in any mod. The problem is to edit certain text files, which are unique for every mod. In any case, main aim of this mod is to attract people to DLV and make it more up-to-date. So DLV will be the main mod for which this units are released. I am nearly done, constantly trying to improve things... which slows me down. I can assure that i have never stopped working on this since 3-4 month ago when i started this. Every week i am adding stuff, slowly. There are almost 50 models, if not more. Although many things are duplicates and can be reused on many models, it is still tedious to put it all together, most of all text editing. It should not take longer than a month. Below are some wips of tier 3 armour.

Sandy

Blog Entries

Nice stuff. I like the leather armor a lot.

Regarding the normal texture, while using your tutorial about multi-layered normal maps, I found out that you can give different contrasts depending on which part (or group) you want to accentuate. Basically, I create different normal maps (like when you create the skin in multi-layers), removing or lowering some groups before to create the multi-layers technic. That way, you can apply different settings on each part of the model. Finally, I merge all layers together (I hope I'm clear overwise, let me know and I'll post screenshots). I did that on the model I'm working on and the result is much better than I expected (at least from my point of view).
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

These are 13-14th century sergeants (armour levels 2 and 3 in game):

Sandy

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Looks very good!

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Blog Entries

Wow!!! I really like the leather texture, especially the one on the 1st pic. The result looks amaizing. Very good job!!!

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

Looking great as usual. Any idea when we can expect a release? I'm familiar with incorporating models and textures into current or new units.

Hi. I have been pushing hard the last few days to finish it. In fact I am 99% done. Attached is the progress table i use. I tried to focus on main units of DLV. Most units of France and England early era rosters are now new. I tried not to touch late and high eras. Overall this affects about 20 factions. For each faction there are faction-specific units (e.g. Spain has quite many of them), and these are left mostly untouched. In terms of open source material for modelers, this has no effect. For modelers i will release a separate source pack with all the necessary .ms3ds and .psds in them. First, however, i will release the mod for DLV in a few days time.

Sandy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Progress.pdf  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast