Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Combatus Maximus Campaign Overhaul - Version 1.5 BETA!! PATCH 4 COMPATIBLE! - 20 STACK GARISSONS - Improved Enemy Recruitment! - (08/10/13)

DogSoldierSPQR's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Combatus Maximus Campaign Overhaul - Version 1.5 BETA!! PATCH 4 COMPATIBLE! - 20 STACK GARISSONS - Improved Enemy Recruitment! - (08/10/13)

Quote Originally Posted by FabioCorr View Post
    Yes indeed nice changes, if you give AI the right army and power they become more smart.
    With about 15 or 20 infantry units in an army, the battles are more logical and difficult.

I have difficult to play some battles becouse of bugs. This happen in vanilla too so not a mod problem.
    In some battle, siege,naval battles, suddently I have bad fps, units get stuck, fleets stuck etc.
    This game is full of bugs. I was playng a great campaign with this mod but all these bugs just ruin the experience.
    I have to quit several battles becouse the game become unplayable.
    I hope patch 5 solves all this problems.
    After 4 patches still I see these crazy bugs....
    I believe that's how the AI were really programmed, to use that many infantry units but someone decided to give them entire armies composing of skirmishers which messed it up.

Yeah, these bugs are still in the game and I'm not even sure how longs it's going to take before they all get sorted out. It's not looking good as this game has been out for nearly one and a half months and still there are game-breaking bugs in certain areas which just mess things up. lol By the time these bugs get sorted out I might get tired of playing Rome 2...

There are still more patches coming so there's hope for now. Glad to know that the majority of problems you are having are nothing related to my mod. A user above mentioned something about Carthage not having a garrison at all and I will be looking into things like this for my next version so don't worry. I just want to get 1.7 of my combat mod out if there is even a need for it haha
    I personally invite you to check out my complete combat overhaul which will give you a completely new Rome 2 experience:
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ere!-(26-10-13)
    If you rep me, leave that beautiful name of yours so I know who you are
    That a salesperson at my door? Where my Gladius at??
    An empire always fails because it never sees the potential in the individual. The smaller state never fails because it has no choice but to... - DogSoldierSPQR

Default Re: Combatus Maximus Campaign Overhaul - Version 1.5 BETA!! PATCH 4 COMPATIBLE! - 20 STACK GARISSONS - Improved Enemy Recruitment! - (08/10/13)

Hi DogSoldier I confirm a problem about garrisons.
    Some garrison has only few units inside and in same case nobody. This is rare but happens.
    I don't know if that happen only in specific cities or is random.

This is a problem with certain factions within cultures. CA did not give us the ability to give garrisons to specific cities, instead we have to give units to specific cultures. So for example, I cannot directly give units to Macedon. What I can do is assign Macedonian units under the "Hellenistic" garrisons while hoping the Macedonians will use them. It can get tricky and it's very easy to forget certain factions as they are not specifically mentioned. You just have to remember to manually insert units of a specific faction in there. Some factions use the same units so you have to be careful.

It's a very tricky thing to do but I've already fixed it for Carthage.
    I personally invite you to check out my complete combat overhaul which will give you a completely new Rome 2 experience:
    An empire always fails because it never sees the potential in the individual. The smaller state never fails because it has no choice but to... - DogSoldierSPQR

Mod update: Campaign 1.6 is in the works. Please be patient as it will come with multiple variants to make your experience more catering to you personally on release.

Default Re: Combatus Maximus Campaign Overhaul with improved Battle version included! (VERSION 1.2 RELEASED!)

I had to send you a PM, my message had a word(s) that were banned and I read the thing three times and even after I changed the one "D" word in relation to agents in the game that might have set off the denial of the posting ; even after I changed it the post still would not go.

And I forgot to say that CA needs to hire you vadly

Hey, def looking forward to 1.6 but I'm wondering if you'll be making variants in preparation for all the new dlc factions and the playable selucids in patch 5. Or if you require the dlc to play 1.6? Keep up the awesome work!

By the dark powers ARISE!!!

Seriously I would love to know will this rise from slumber after Emperor Edition?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345