Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded v3.4 (patch 16)

Default Re: Qart-Hadast (Carthage) Fully Expanded

Kinda new to modding stuff man why is this in a beta stage is it broken ?

How come the mod is in a beta stage ?

Any progress on making the AI Carthage take over the client states? I love the idea of the mod very much, it helps the player a lot, but can AI somehow take advantage of it? Maybe try deleting the client state status?

Quote Originally Posted by Nireichi View Post
    Any progress on making the AI Carthage take over the client states? I love the idea of the mod very much, it helps the player a lot, but can AI somehow take advantage of it? Maybe try deleting the client state status?
    as I mentioned on the previous page, the ai DOES utilize the confederation option if it needs to. Whether or not it is Carthage that becomes the dominant confederate, rather than libya or nova carthago, is a different matter.

111289's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    That's a great point. As long as one of the AI Carthage faction's dominates, I can't complain. I would still like to figure out how to make Carthage confederate, however.
    Might want to check this --> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ting-provinces out. One guy has looked into starting positions and found out quite something.

@IMZ INFADEL It has been tested enough that I can classify it as released, I just am not sure how to change that tag.

@Nireichi the AI will eventually take advantage of it, unfortunately I haven't progressed on breaking the client state status on the first turn automatically (client state prevents confederation offer). If anyone knows how to change this status let me know.

@111289 That thread is what eventually led me to make this mod. Currently, quite a few bugs pop up when you give all of Libya to Carthage in the startpost.esf file. For example, you can't issue edicts and in some cases Libya continues to build/recruit even though they technically don't own the province. Until further mod options open up, it seems to be stuck at that.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

really nice job! I love you, have some rep! +

Found a bug doesn't bother me because it works great. If you make one cartage you will get the supporting generals. If you garrion them so you could change their gen unit the game will crash they won't appear in your family / factions tree till a few turns after. It happen to me last night man. pM me if I wasn't to clear so I see the message and I will go into more detail great job never the less

Quote Originally Posted by IMZ INFADEL View Post
    Found a bug doesn't bother me because it works great. If you make one cartage you will get the supporting generals. If you garrion them so you could change their gen unit the game will crash they won't appear in your family / factions tree till a few turns after. It happen to me last night man. pM me if I wasn't to clear so I see the message and I will go into more detail great job never the less
    I didn't know you could change a general's unit type, how do you do that? If you mean replace the general, I was able to do it without it crashing.

I am not sure how to make them appear in the politics screen. It seems like sometimes the new generals appear there after a few turns and sometimes they never appear there. I have had this also happen when using the basic confederation ability as a barbarian faction so it could be a bug inherent to confederations.

Yeah, I seem to have had a few crashes since I stuck this mod in when swapping my generals about. I just disbanded Nova C's and Libya's armies and hoped for the best this game, and it seems to be ok.

Dresden, if you go to the middle tab on army managment, there's a Replace button over on the right of the panel, you can swap Armies leading general there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsie View Post
    Yeah, I seem to have had a few crashes since I stuck this mod in when swapping my generals about. I just disbanded Nova C's and Libya's armies and hoped for the best this game, and it seems to be ok.

Dresden, if you go to the middle tab on army managment, there's a Replace button over on the right of the panel, you can swap Armies leading general there.
    I knew about replacing generals but I thought IMZ INFADEL was suggesting you could somehow change an existing general's unit type (change his bodyguard from cavalry to infantry). I was able to replace the Libyan general with a Carthaginian one and didn't get a crash, but you guys are reporting crashes so it is probably something in the basic confederation coding. It could have to do with this faction not having the confederation ability in vanilla, but I haven't found anything in the data packs or startpos that deals with how confederations work. For example, why sometimes those generals appear in your faction screen and sometimes they don't.

Thanks for reporting the bug, I will update the main post with the information and try to figure a workaround.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymos View Post

Tested it: no dice..or only partial dice.

Carthago Nova & Libya show up with "same blood" moniker. But when on either turn 1 or 2 dissolved satrap treaty; then asked for confederation, odds were "low", and both refused
    Positive feature is that confederation is still theoretically possible down the road if Carthage grows powerful and they weak..
    I can't seem to replicate this, I can use the All Factions mod with this mod. Has anyone else run into this problem and, if so, what mods are you using?

I can't seem to replicate this, I can use the All Factions mod with this mod. Has anyone else run into this problem and, if so, what mods are you using?
    I'm having the same issue: I open diplomatic relations with Nova Carthago and after I cancel Client State treaty and ask them to join Confederation they refuse every time. I'm using Radious' mods with the SavageDif AI. My other mods are a 4tpy startpos mod, and Splenyi's Campaign Camera.

Can you please make this work with The Seleucids too??????plz

Quote Originally Posted by Satrid View Post
    I'm having the same issue: I open diplomatic relations with Nova Carthago and after I cancel Client State treaty and ask them to join Confederation they refuse every time. I'm using Radious' mods with the SavageDif AI. My other mods are a 4tpy startpos mod, and Splenyi's Campaign Camera.
    cancel vassalship and confederate Libya first. Nova Carthago will agree to be confederated after that. I had this problem when I first tried it, and this is what fixed it for me.

@Satrid It looks like one of Radious' new versions uses one of the tables that I use in this mod. So, I have added a mod pack version. If you run Mod Manager, you can load my pack first which, in theory, gives it priority for that one table. The table in question is the one that affects Carthage's relationship to Libya and Nova Carthago, and that is why they are not immediately saying yes.

@Vman123 are you asking for a mod that lets the Seleucids confederate their satrapies? If so I will look into it.

Edit: So using Mod Manager still didn't allow me to confederate with Nova Carthago before Libya. I will try to figure out what the problem is here.

Edit 2 : I figured out what the problem was, I had edited the negative attitude column along with the positive. Now, you should be able to ask Nova or Libya, or both in any order.
    Last edited by Dresden; September 30, 2013 at 01:59 PM.

Default Re: Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded v1.1 (Updated)

Thanks for all the feedback so far, please keep reporting any problems you have. I really appreciate the testing.

I am still working on breaking the client state relationship between Carthage and Libya when you load a campaign, so maybe the AI will immediately take advantage of the confederation option. It is still really buggy when I change the startpos values, so I am missing something.

I looked into doing the Seleucids in a similar way, and it won't be nearly as clean as this mod. The reason this one works so easily is because there are so few Punic factions. For the Seleucids, I would have to give all of their faction type confederation ability and would mess up a ton of diplomatic relationships when I modify the hellenic and eastern diplomatic modifiers.

Edit: I finally figured out how to cancel the client state relationship to start the game, but in my testing the AI still won't take advantage of this and confederate within the first 10 turns. I will do some more testing to see if it will ever confederate. If someone is interested in testing out the startpos.esf let me know.
    Last edited by Dresden; September 30, 2013 at 04:37 PM.

Seleucids are already OP; giving them any more real estate without some sort of check would exacerbate their status. Obviously a lot of playbalancing is in the offing, as Egypt is quite weak--even with elimination of 800 credit bonus to African/Arab factions.
    Parthia + Dahae usually end up absorbing Seleucids' eastern satrapies.

So maybe if you wish to add to Seleucid terr thru confed mechanism, it could be limited to Sardes; and give Egypt some sort of handicap bonus to balance situation.

As Seleucid, game starts with ability to recruit a surprisingly large number of generals (9?) and admirals (4?); but that number resets within a few turns to standard pre-imperium 3/2. Assume engine initially calculates satraps' provs.

I finally figured out how to cancel the client state relationship to start the game, but in my testing the AI still won't take advantage of this and confederate within the first 10 turns. I will do some more testing to see if it will ever confederate. If someone is interested in testing out the startpos.esf let me know.
    That sounds great! I look forward to the results of your testing

Played about 20 turns, and I'm enjoying it. Surprisingly it doesn't make Carthage particularly easy. I only have 1 full army, and 2 small navies to defend my whole realm. I get about 7000 per turn (due to low upkeep), which I spend about 6000 of buying trade agreements with people who would otherwise want nothing to do with me! An adequate challenge now that Rome has declared war on me and Syracuse is amassing transport fleets right outside Carthage and Thapsus.
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse