Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Failed Claims of CA Before the Release

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Failed Claims of CA Before the Release

Quote Originally Posted by B_L70 View Post
    Here is more interesting stuff, see this for yourselves. The darker vision of War: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-vision-of-warPersonally I see little of this in the actual game we got, while I still enjoy this game this was simply over-hyped. So on-topic, I think this should apply to the OP as "failed claims".
    Russell seemed especially comfortable hyping TWR2.

Is that all? Just one claim that turned out not to be a false one?
    The Armenian Issue

Facts will not deter the lynch mob. Never fear I filed a report about this website tolerating death threats against CA employees. We will see if the admins act against those savages or face lawsuits.

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Quote Originally Posted by haukim View Post
    Facts will not deter the lynch mob. Never fear I filed a report about this website tolerating death threats against CA employees. We will see if the admins act against those savages or face lawsuits.
    that was too far, and this as well, he has been reported and "must be punished!"

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Sue CA/ SEGA, and STEAM for making all this happen.
    Suing Steam would be extremely hard to do because it's not actually a company.
    Besides, Valve is not pulling the strings on this one.

2:05 - 2:15

CA said that the Rome 2 was supposed to have multiple ships per unit to add the sense of scale...

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Rasic View Post
    I was just thinking about this the other day. That comment (he made it about 3 times in various interviews) was one of the main reasons I allowed myself to buy into the hype. The thought of playing TW with 8 players or something equally crazy and then seeing the siege of carthage was just too much. I just have to give it to whoever they hired for marketing this time, they got me good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallistic View Post
    Thanks for that. Even worse than I remembered. What an absolute farce.

AHHH the MEMORIES! They can be something sweet, something bitter, (something borrowed something blue). Where is the beer? Trish? What are you doing?

Cheers on that mates.

CA staff and their new shining marketing department (according to gamasutra) still living in a wrong age, where internet is a "new land for us" like our Mrs. Merkel said. They forgot about: "The Internet" does never forget any flaws, isn't it.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

CA said that the Rome 2 was supposed to have multiple ships per unit to add the sense of scale...
    Sounds confusing? Implementing it would surely raise heaps of issues.

Presently it appears they haven't checked even basic stats of their ships over. The auxiliary assault bireme is still costed as a mercenary unit when it isn't. It's like whoever reviewed it and made adjustments to it, didn't know the game well.
    Proculus: Divine Caesar, PLEASE! What have I done? Why am I here?
    Caligula: Treason!
    Proculus: Treason? I have always been loyal to you!
    Caligula: [laughs insanely] That IS your treason! You're an honest man, Proculus, which means a bad Roman! Therefore, you are a traitor! Logical, hmm? Ha, ha, ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Boicote View Post

2:05 - 2:15

They do have multiple ships per unit in that video. I don't see any claims there.
    The Armenian Issue

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

So did the battle of the Nile.

It's bad enough already trying to find enough spaces to land the crews with one ship per unit
    Proculus: Divine Caesar, PLEASE! What have I done? Why am I here?
    Caligula: Treason!
    Proculus: Treason? I have always been loyal to you!
    Caligula: [laughs insanely] That IS your treason! You're an honest man, Proculus, which means a bad Roman! Therefore, you are a traitor! Logical, hmm? Ha, ha, ha!

CA didn't show enough gameplay, as we would've seen the horrible siege AI in a lets play longer than 20 minutes. Apart from optimization and unit formation moshing, the siege AI is completely broken and I'm pretty sure CA had to of known this. I believe it was intentionally not shown, however that is conjecture but why would they show such a broken part of their game?
    Last edited by DavidtheDuke; September 26, 2013 at 08:22 PM.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    CA didn't show enough gameplay, as we would've seen the horrible siege AI in a lets play longer than 20 minutes. Apart from optimization and unit formation moshing, the siege AI is completely broken and I'm pretty sure CA had to of known this. I believe it was intentionally not shown, however that is conjecture but why woudl they should such a broken part of their game.
    You are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    You are correct.
    You and me agree on something? Sad that it had to be in these circumstances

At this point I think it's in the community's best interests to petition for moddable battle and (more) campaign AI. Moddable battle AI may be a tall order, as CA might consider it more trade secrets than the more script formation dependent AI of Medieval 2

renegade765's Avatar Civis

It looks like for the most part CA did deliver on their promises, but in a really, REALLY slimy and over-hyped way.

The worst one has to be the optimisation promises I think. This feels like The War Z.

Or the photoshopped pictures being touted as in game footage on the steam store page.

We were promised African elephants that would be VISUALLY different than indian elephants by Al and wasnt delivered. It was confirmed there would be African and Indian elephants in the final game but only Indian elephants were added. (I'm speaking visually) It was confirmed by one of the attendee's to the small event in San Francisco back in July I believe it was.
    [CONTENTBOX][/CONTENTBOX]

Troll Face

Intel i5 3570K (4.2Ghz @ 1.215v); ASUS Z87 Gryphon; 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro; GTX 780; Corsair AX760i; Noctua NH-U12S; Samsung 840 Pro 256GB; WD Black 1TB; Windows 7

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by universalmind View Post
    The worst one has to be the optimisation promises I think. This feels like The War Z.

Or the photoshopped pictures being touted as in game footage on the steam store page.
    Not only there. Quite all pictures CA released were refurbished and all "trailers" they showed us prior release aswell.
    Last edited by alQamar; September 27, 2013 at 01:58 AM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikou View Post
    We were promised African elephants that would be VISUALLY different than indian elephants by Al and wasnt delivered. It was confirmed there would be African and Indian elephants in the final game but only Indian elephants were added. (I'm speaking visually) It was confirmed by one of the attendee's to the small event in San Francisco back in July I believe it was.
    They just used the same elephants from Empire.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Quote Originally Posted by TheSutekh View Post
    Is that all? Just one claim that turned out not to be a false one?
    Whatever this thread is bogus.