Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Failed Claims of CA Before the Release

Default Re: Failed Claims of CA Before the Release

Maybe I should give an example so that people understand these requirements on par with quantum mechanics. An ideal post:

If you have an article or website link:
    Flying Legionaries, CA:
    Using the Roman faction, you will have flying legionaries unit.
    Link.
    CA claimed that we would have flying legionaries unit in the game but if you check the units in the Custom Battle section you'll see that no such unit exists.
    If you have a video:
    Flying Legionaries, CA:
    Link to video.
    Between 2:00 and 2:10.

CA claimed that we would have flying legionaries unit in the game but if you check the units in the Custom Battle section you'll see that no such unit exists.
    Don't cry if I outright ignore your post if it doesn't fit these examples, especially if you lie about what I said and argued so far..
    The Armenian Issue

Praetorian_BGX's Avatar Ordinarius

Nobody cares about your "posting" system. We are just waiting for you to post some new arrogant so we can laugh. Got it?

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must
    ."
    -Thucydides

If you are not able to watch the video and look for the right comment in the video then there is seriously something wrong with you not with those that make the posts that you asked for in the first place, plus my second video WHOLE THE VIDEO is the evidence of their most mayor claim about the game, the prove about the improved BAI which is clearly not the case. You are still neglecting the facts mate and I have been reading this whole damn thread and you do the same thing over and over even when people points exactly out where you need to look.

You ignore post not because they do not fit but because you choose those examples to be correct in to your eyes on top of that you try to say that I lie about what you say? yes you do thus far you dint add enything which proves that CA lies about claims they made prior to release so you are not following up correctly as stated.

Not a lie but fact..

this thread is don seriously bye bye now ;-)

I meant incorrect

Sorry if this was already discussed , but among the many things removed from the game did anyone notice how the selection room , with the family leaders in first showcase, and the roman themed room , with the lion on the background was never implemented? I was surprised when instead of that we got a plain window with just factions symbol, now this is nothing gamebreaking or eve paragonable to the other issues , but surely is another of the indicators of the status of the game and the uninmersive feel.

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheSutekh View Post
    On the elephant variety issue, I checked user submitted screenshots on Steam as I didn't have the time to go through a whole campaign.

Blue silk covered elephants with wooden deck:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Red silk covered elephants:

Orange silk covered elephants with different nose tattoos tripping out:

Hard to find but lastly full armored elephants:

One possible explanation is that you need particular buildings to get armor on elephants.
    Well, your post was pretty irrelevant. I never questioned the existence of either armoured elephants or different silk covers.
    As my image was suggesting, I claimed that the greatly advertised variety in what concerns body armor, head armor, tattoos (you only provided one type of tattoos) and tusks is actually inexistent, at least according to my experience.

I totally understand that your time is limited, but your OP is rather ambitious, being given it demands absolute obedience to its directives, but, in exchange, it also promises your sincere co-operation, as long as the posters follow the rules. Well, personally, I did, so I would expect a slightly more careful examination of my accusation against The Creative Assembly. If you are not willing to trust your own OP, let me know, but, please, don't reject my opinion based on an insufficient research.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Regent George View Post
    Well, your post was pretty irrelevant. I never questioned the existence of either armoured elephants or different silk covers.
    As my image was suggesting, I claimed that the greatly advertised variety in what concerns body armor, head armor, tattoos (you only provided one type of tattoos) and tusks is actually inexistent, at least according to my experience.

I totally understand that your time is limited, but your OP is rather ambitious, being given it demands absolute obedience to its directives, but, in exchange, it also promises your sincere co-operation, as long as the posters follow the rules. Well, personally, I did, so I would expect a slightly more careful examination of my accusation against The Creative Assembly. If you are not willing to trust your own OP, let me know, but, please, don't reject my opinion based on an insufficient research.
    You questioned the variety and I showed you screenshots of elephants with different kinds of equipment. I used user submitted screenshots because a campaign with Parthia would take days for me.

I have shown you elephants with different tattoos. Tusks are more tricky to spot but here is a newly posted one that makes both differences obvious:

So, if showing variety to test your question of variety is not enough, what is? I certainly can't produce all varieties right away but I put out a request on Steam discussion boards for other that are far into the game with Parthian or Carthegian campaigns to put up screenshots of their armored elephants.
    The Armenian Issue

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Wow that elephant sure do like piercings and tattoos.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Everyone who is able to submit a valid failed claim please use my thread intentionally wrong advertising. Which has only few and clear and easy rules for posting. Thanks hopefully we can repost some of already made ones here.
    I am not high jacking this thread but showing eager fans a more reasonable! method to post false claims CA did.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    Everyone who is able to submit a valid failed claim please use my thread intentionally wrong advertising. Which has only few and clear and easy rules for posting. Thanks hopefully we can repost some of already made ones here.
    I am not high jacking this thread but showing eager fans a more reasonable! method to post false claims CA did.
    Great idea! Anyone who wants to rant endlessly can go post in that thread!
    The Armenian Issue

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

The lies from their mouths is not the worst thing ever I think. The worst thing about it is this: CA claims: We listen to the fans, give us some feedback.. Fans say: Battles are too short. CA says: Battles are ok, but ok, lets adjust it LITTLE BIT.. Fans say: Capture pointr are stupid. CA says: Capture points are ok... Fans say: Mysterious special abilities of units is stupid and unreal. CA says: Special skills are ok...
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

Both Baktria and Seleucid have armored elephants. Seleucid can have armored Elephant bodyguards in fact... I do not know if any other faction is capable of recruiting them. I am testing some of the eastern factions tho.

Indefinitely Banned

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mplaint-Thread

We already have a official thread to make our complaints I suggest we close this troll thread.
    I made a post earlier about a failed claim and it was ignored.This thread does not compile any of our reports.OP has not fulfilled his OP post promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaiden of the Helvetii View Post
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mplaint-Thread

We already have a official thread to make our complaints I suggest we close this troll thread.
    I made a post earlier about a failed claim and it was ignored.This thread does not compile any of our reports.OP has not fulfilled his OP post promise.
    why is it a troll thread? pray tell?

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by SirPeacemaker View Post
    The lies from their mouths is not the worst thing ever I think. The worst thing about it is this: CA claims: We listen to the fans, give us some feedback.. Fans say: Battles are too short. CA says: Battles are ok, but ok, lets adjust it LITTLE BIT.. Fans say: Capture pointr are stupid. CA says: Capture points are ok... Fans say: Mysterious special abilities of units is stupid and unreal. CA says: Special skills are ok...

stated 13.07.2012:
    stated by James Russell (Lead designer - CA)

source
    PC Gamer: So do you look at the mod community, do you factor in what they’re doing to your games after release and apply that to subsequent games?
    James Russell: Well, you know, we keep ourselves aware of what’s going on and what people want and we do our best to listen to the community.

PC Gamer: So do you look at the mod community, do you factor in what they’re doing to your games after release and apply that to subsequent games?
    > True that. It is very obvious on the forums and feedback they do that. Have an example here. Some opened a thread asking where are they now and it did take only 4 hours and 30 minutes them to reply.

stated 08.07.2013 by Craig Laycock (community manager / unit designer - CA)

source

Do you take ideas from the forum and integrate them into future games?
    The forums are a fantastic resource for us with so many passionate and dedicated fans throwing around ideas and it is interesting to see what people think. But remember that the design team here has a huge amount of collective experience in the games industry. We are paid to think of new ideas.

Do you take ideas from the forum and integrate them into future games?
    Question declined if you take it carefully.
    Last edited by alQamar; September 29, 2013 at 09:03 AM.
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaDlihIqPws (Published 19 oct. 2012)
    between 2:05 and 2:20 he is saying that there is multiple ships per units wheras in the actual game there is only one ship per unit.
    Last edited by Raftor; September 29, 2013 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raftor View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaDlihIqPws (Published 19 oct. 2012)
    between 2:05 and 2:20 he is saying that there is multiple ships per units wheras in the actual game there is only one ship per unit.
    That was mentioned before. We can't use that because it's not exactly a claim towards the end product. In that video they do have multiple units per unit, similar to Battle of Nile video as well. It's more of a design issue that they changed their mind on late in development.
    The Armenian Issue

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

OP looks way better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Lost Socks View Post
    Alright, since OP seems unwilling to update the OP, here's a quick sum up of the thread. Now I'd like to point out that to me a failed claim means that the claim is not fulfilled in the game. If it is due to a bug, or design doesn't matter.

- 32 000 troops on the battlefield were promised(this would require 160 units on the battlefield with average size of 200 on the field). 64 000 if modded. I doubt this is is possible. Source
    - Several ships per ship unit. I don't care if it wasn't a good idea. It's a failed claim. Source
    - They promised improved AI. The AI is in my opinion worse, but you'll be wanting me to prove it and I can't be bothered to argue for that, though I could link tons of hilarious videos and pictures about it. I'm waiting for CA or anyone else to prove it is. Source
    - AI Pikemen using pikes. I guess they do sometimes use pikes, except when faced by a frontal cavalry charge. PicOne PicTwo That hoplite unit right next to their pikes is being pretty improved AI too.
    - Improved performance. Considering I'm still running this game worse on low units sizes than Napoleon or Shogun 2 on double ultra unit sizes. They even admitted that the performance wasn't good in their formal apology. They're working on it, even fixed some of it (broken it for some others aswell, based on the response to Patch 3), and I've noticed some improvement, but it can hardly be called improved. Here's a post about it. Source
    - Just looking at the Steam store page shows a bunch of touched up images of the game. The only three real looking pictures are the ones at the very end. Not a big deal, but not a business practice I want to encourage, but practically every company is guilty of this. Doesn't make it right, though. Source
    - Promised big multiplayer reveal that didn't ever happen, but that's a failed claim that was known before the release. "When we previewed Total War: Rome 2, Creative Assembly told us it was "planning something big" for the game's multiplayer."We haven't said yet what the big change is going to be," Simpson commented, "but it's bigger than that [an evolution of the campaign map multiplayer]." Source
    - African Elephants look like Indian Elephants. (Can only find second hand accounts of this claim)
    - Missing localizations for Spanish and Italian. Source
    - This picture from Carthage. As far as I know it's impossible to dock there and the buildings look different. Here's a picture to prove it. Also, found a clipping bug at the spots where you can actually land.
    - "Armies can embark and cross seas, but are vulnerable to actual navies." Not exactly true in my and many other people's experience. Source
    - "The UI is very good to use, just wait until you get your hands on it." Here's a post detailing the issues with the UI. Source

Exaggerated claims:

- This video from 4:42 to 4:52. While it is true that you can kinda climb that hill in Carthage, the path up there is no where near where he's pointing, and there's no reason why you would ever want to go there anyway.

And personally, I think the internal politics part was overhyped to the point of practically being false. Sure they said they want to "capture the feel of internal struggle within the Republic with backstabbing and everything" or some such, but I didn't think the politics system would literally be about clicking backstab or promote occasionally.

My main complaints about the game are performance, AI and UI. In that order. If they manage to fix those, this game will be fantastic. But for now I'm just mildly annoyed and am waiting for things to get fixed.
    Agree!

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

OP why are you not including things like this from your thread?:

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    Photoshopped marketing
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...636#post822636

Wonders are not on the battlefield as Al said they would be
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-are-bugged%29

These are clearly claims made that proved to be false (wonders on battlefields), or in the case of the graphics, actually fraudulent.