Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: BullGod Unit Icons Project v.0.48 (updated 6/Apr/2014)

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: BullGod Unit Icons project

These unit cards are sensational, keep up the good work. I'm glad you did Rome first!

DELETED
    Last edited by Aruberikku; July 31, 2023 at 05:12 AM.

praetorians guard, praetorian cav and roman auxilia archers please! and we ready to go! btw, mod is not working for me, but i managed to change unit cards one by one with PFM, so happy to see normal pictures ingame at last..

A tiny suggestion: is it possible to replace the health bar with a unit counter? I suspect it will probbly cover some of the card space, but I assume that quite few people would be interested in seeing that.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Fantastic stuff. +rep

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Thank you everybody for kind words, I'm glad you like them.
    I've made small update with few more icons.

I have no idea why this mod would crash the game for someone... It's just replacing unit icons, so in worst case scenario it should just not work.
    I'm using PFM 3.03 by Daniu. I don't have patch 3 beta installed, so I don't know if this changes anything in how game operates... (maybe it should be released as a MOD, not MOVIE type?)
    If anyone has any idea what might be causing the problems, please let me know.

(Thaks for the picture Greve Af Göteborg. I'll check how encyclopedia works and I'll try to remedy that)

Quote Originally Posted by Vilihelm View Post
    ...mod is not working for me, but i managed to change unit cards one by one with PFM, so happy to see normal pictures ingame at last..
    What did you do exactly? Why was it not working?

Quote Originally Posted by Oktobermensch View Post
    A tiny suggestion: is it possible to replace the health bar with a unit counter? I suspect it will probbly cover some of the card space, but I assume that quite few people would be interested in seeing that.
    I don't know if it is possible. It would require some scripting skills at least if it's not hardcoded. I'm just replacing the art.
    Last edited by BullGod; September 26, 2013 at 09:10 AM.

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

I love the aesthetics of these UI cards. Much more detailed than Vanilla, and just as fitting.
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Outstanding. Very very nice- repped!!!

The Attached Files wont work.. Its a gif image? Probably the TWC is screwed... hmmmm!

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

Fantastic work,+ rep , but i cannot download the second (updated) file ,i've a php attachment error..
    can you upload the files somewhere else please ?
    Last edited by Beorix; September 26, 2013 at 12:53 PM. Reason: error

I've uploaded the file to external site, link is in the first post. I'll be doing that from now on.

Mod has a corrupt/wrong(.gif) icon image for ROM_VIGILES. I removed that one and it works as it should. Please if you could check that and repair. Mod is outstanding. Thanks, BullGod.

For Firefox users or others too - who can't download stuff from TW center -> try to download with IE. That should do the trick.
    Last edited by Oby; September 26, 2013 at 02:24 PM.

ger217's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Oby View Post
    Mod has a corrupt/wrong(.gif) icon image for ROM_VIGILES. I removed that one and it works as it should. Please if you could check that and repair. Mod is outstanding. Thanks, BullGod.

For Firefox users or others too - who can't download stuff from TW center -> try to download with IE. That would do the trick.
    @ Oby, did you extract his mod and perhaps copy and paste his file in your R2 data. Or do you have to use a mod manager or the PFM 3.03 to get it to work?

Mod is in MOVIE format...If it wouldn't be corrupted, you would just unrar it to rome2\data folder...As it is now, you must first unrar it to data folder, then delete ROM_VIGILES icon with last PackFileManager, save and it should work.

ger217's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Oby View Post
    Mod is in MOVIE format...If it wouldn't be corrupted, you would just unrar it to rome2\data folder...As it is now, you must first unrar it to data folder, then delete ROM_VIGILES icon with last PackFileManager, save and it should work.
    @: Oby, thanks! @: BullGod, please corect the file, so we can drop it in our data file.

Thanks Oby, I've changed it and uploaded again. Use this link:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/f6cYJzrE...cons_Rome.html
    or link from the first post.
    This is also never version with 2 new icons.

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

i've tried this ,but dont works, game still crashed.

ger217's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Beorix View Post
    i've tried this ,but dont works, game still crashed.
    @: Beorix, I have the same problem. @: BullGod, If I don't use your last file, my game works normanly, but if I put your file in my R2 data file, I get a popup saying Rome 2 exe. has encountered an error and then crashes.

Edit:
    Something's wrong I'm afraid. I'm not sure what, because it works for me, when I have loose files on my drive. When I delete them and run only mod, it crashes. I'll keep looking into it, but right now I have this proposition:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/5heLT_9a/Bullgod_Unit_Icons_LooseFiles_.html

Unzip this into your Rome2 folder. Those are loose unit icons, without any pack file, located in Data/UI/units/Icons and Data/UI/units/mask folders. Games seems to use them without any problem.

I'll keep looking into the problem with PFM, but maybe this will work in the meantime.
    Last edited by BullGod; September 26, 2013 at 04:52 PM.

Strange inded. Had same error like @:ger217. What I tried is I extracted mod movie file to data directorij and then deleted all files from mod file. Then added extracted files again to that same(now empty) MOVIE mod pack. That did the trick, but I have no explanation what happened. Maybe file just need to be repacked again.
    Last edited by Oby; September 26, 2013 at 05:19 PM.