Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update on some modding issues

Default Re: Update on some modding issues

I have left the vanilla name to a mod pack table that only changed vanilla values and it works perfectly. It is not working when I change the name of the table, no matter if it is movie or mod pack type.

I have been testing this with files updates from last Friday untill yesterday. I have not modded with previous updates of the files, so I do not know if they are affected by this.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; September 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

So...
    what we do to put our mods back? Where are those 5s that have to be changed to 3s etc?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Anyone please?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Oh, I missed that detail up to now:
    As I think has been described elsewhere, the lower three bits of the precedence byte are a simple ordering sequence
    What are the other 5 bits? I thought the whole byte was determining load order.

@alhoon download the tool I link to in my first response in this thread, you can use it to set the byte to 5 as Guy says we should.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Thanks!
    Unfortunately, Can't rep you yet for this awesome solution.

I think CA (or/and Sega) should let the stuff do their job without the stress for a quick release.

Another thing I just realized:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted View Post
    I am getting the precedence order checking the wrong way around. [...] However, until the patch drops you can change this value to 5. Once the patch drops I can’t guarantee that your mods will work if you don’t switch the byte back to 3 (this has always been the case with mod packs).
    How is changing the value from 3 to 5 going to help anyway?
    If the problem is that the files get loaded in the wrong order, so Mods (3) aren't overwriting Release/Patch (1/2), how will they do so with 5?
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Another thing I just realized:

How is changing the value from 3 to 5 going to help anyway?
    If the problem is that the files get loaded in the wrong order, so Mods (3) aren't overwriting Release/Patch (1/2), how will they do so with 5?
    Because 5 will be loaded last, even after movie type packs.
    Senior Designer

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted View Post
    Because 5 will be loaded last, even after movie type packs.
    But both 3 and 5 should be loaded after 1 and 2, so if the order is wrong, they both will be loaded earlier... or is it the third bit that makes the difference?
    Last edited by daniu; September 30, 2013 at 03:20 AM.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

But both 3 and 5 should be loaded after 1 and 2, so if the order is wrong, they both will be loaded earlier... or is it the third bit that makes the difference?
    It's mod packs that are being loaded in the wrong order, not any others.
    Senior Designer

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

It almost sounds like a bit mask had a typo (0101 instead of 0011).
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

I'd also really like to know what do the other 5 bits do. It's kind of a revelation to me that only the lower three bits determine load precedence.
    From the values in the Shogun packs I can guess 10xxx is a music bit: there were sound.pack and music.packs with 10001 and 10010, respectively. But also 10111 (sound) and 11000 (music)... confusion on my part.
    Then, there are a boot and shader packs with 1000xxx set (1000000 for boot, 1000001 and 1000010 for shaders). I don't have the packs available right now, but the 0x40 boot pack may also have contained shader code...

I'm guessing mods should generally stay away from the upper bits which I guess is fine as long as the others are not required to be set to mod shaders or music or something.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12