Thread: Need Permission to release anim pack

Default Need Permission to release anim pack

I've used the United animations pack by TiFlo, the horse's from Pinarius edited by Prometheus and some extracts from King_Azzole's edu+dmb... please could these four people give me the thumbs up before I release the pack.

TiFlo says:
    Pinarius says:
    Prometheus says:
    King_Azzole says:
    Last edited by JoeyJubb; September 17, 2006 at 11:31 AM.

Default Re: Need Permission to release anim pack

I haven't got any screenshots yet because my computer is a bit rubbish - I'll make some if there's any demand though!

Changes in my micro-mod include:
    -All horsemen now hold the reins of their horses!
    -New gladius animation + pilum animation for relavent troops
    -Two-handed mounted pike animation add for the Macedonian cavalry who needed it (can't spell their name lol). Changed said unit from missle to light cavalry, now they throw a volley before charging much like the catapracts do.
    -Revised which spear units should use the shield wall - now only greek-based hoplites can
    -Re-added testudo for legionaries and imatation legionaries
    -Slightly different animation to foot archers
    -Include vanilla RTW descr_grass.txt, this version increases framerates by reducing quality a little

Packed size ~ 20mb
    Unpacked ~ 37mb
    Last edited by JoeyJubb; September 17, 2006 at 07:46 AM. Reason: update

Would your animation mod work with the Extended Realism mod? It sounds good.

Well, this is my first attempt at putting something like this together. Currently it's based on the RTRPE1.7 beta patch, the only text files that have changed are the edu+dmb, everything else is just new files - so the extended realism mod would need some changes to its edu+dmb to make it wholly compatible.

You might want to try pming the people you want to contact, will probably reply faster if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfen
    You might want to try pming the people you want to contact, will probably reply faster if you do.
    I already did, hehe!

I think the ones I did were public domain anyway since I was using other peoples mods as it is. Either way I give you the thumbs up. If you need any assistance just ask.
    -Voice of the Celtic warriors in EB 1 and writer of the original tutorial on sound and music editing for RTW.

TiFlo's Avatar Semisalis

IMO using Prometheus horses skins is kind of "unfair", as I think it's a Res Gestae feature, and that's part of what makes this mod original, not to say exceptionnal (and I know that while saying this I'm the one who asked for using his animations). But if you get his permission...

Well that's exactly why I wanted to get his permission! Besides, since the horses look way better than the originals, I should think it may encourage more people to take another look at installing his mod due to the sheer quality of his models.

If he doesn't want me to release it, that's absolutely fine and I'll definatly respect it! (Also I expect the hype generated just in this thread will do will for the popularity of his mod too!)