Thread: Where is the Epicness

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Default Where is the Epicness

Remembering screen shot's before release with 100+ boats and battle's with ten's of thousands troops, where the hell is that in my game?. Do you like the epic level of Rome 2?.
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

Default Re: Where is the Epicness

Yesterday I watched Angry Joe Review, and have to say that this game is NOT EPIC, BAI and CAI need a lot of rework to bring the EPIC feeling.. Do those naval battles work at all? Did the patches fix any of issues?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I like the Epic Fail element in it.

Are you going to make new whining threads with a different theme every day ?

I thought we were past this since the release of the game.

You don't feel that the vanilla game is epic, then download mods like Magnar mod (that I'm currently using), Line of Battle mod, and plenty other mods that increase unit size, army limits, remove magical abilities, remove victory points, add fire at will to units, tweak their stats, etc.

Then, the game will be epic.

Total War games were always better with mods, yes, even Medeieval II as plenty of people here are praising with their Nostalgia Glasses but that seem to forget all the bugs that the vanilla game had.

Adreno's Avatar Senator

please show me a screenshot with 100's of boats and 10's of thousands of troops that ca made

korsakoff's Avatar Tiro

Silly LionHeart, you can only get the "10,000 troops/100 boat battles" by buying the 10,000 troop battle DLC!

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

ok maybe not 100 boats but.
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Carthage_Panoramic
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

Kaunitz's Avatar Centenarius

What is epic?
    The more I watch "epic" videos and machinimas of this game, the less I want the game to be epic. I personally want the game to be as realistic, not as epic as possible. I know opinions differ. But for me, "epic" seems to refer to imitations of the Lord of the Rings battles.
    KAUNITZ PROJECT
    - a modding project for a better representation of XVIIIth century warfare -

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

An epic scale is never found in the big picture of things, rather getting down into the nitty-gritty reveals scale and epicness.

Try a siege in RII one day, hit insert as your units march about the city and look around, that's scale. That's a feeling of epicness.

Watching it all from above does not evoke that emotion.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatiRex View Post
    An epic scale is never found in the big picture of things, rather getting down into the nitty-gritty reveals scale and epicness.

Try a siege in RII one day, hit insert as your units march about the city and look around, that's scale. That's a feeling of epicness.

Watching it all from above does not evoke that emotion.
    Ah yes the true face of war being a tourist.