Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rome 2 Basic Mods, Mod Compilations and Save Game Editing

Default Re: Rome 2 Basic Mods, Mod Compilations and Save Game Editing

Hello! Not sure if this thread is still active but I had a question: I'm playing as Macedon. After being disillusioned with mods, I downloaded mod manager. I turned on "Ceasar's legions" which I wasn't aware is 1TPY, this seemed to override Dresden's 4TPY, and I didn't catch this until 33 turns in. Season effects still worked so I figured it was all fine and dandy, I could restart again (I've had to I think 3 times due to mods being outdated and corrupting campaign), but I'd really rather not this time if possible.
    I followed this walkthrough, I boot it up, when I end turn, it crashes to desktop. I try a new campaign to check, Iceni, it ends turn just fine.

I could use some pointers, I've looked into most other threads and haven't seen an issue like mine. Why would one campaign crash and the other work fine? Could I edit the Caesar mod to 4TPY and turn it back on?

About the editing the startpos.esf, how do you increase the unit size? Like multiply the number of men per unit?

good4eL's Avatar Civis

Hello!

Can somebody please tell me how to detect what is problem in multiplayer savegame file? Is it possible to log activity of the game?
    Last edited by good4eL; January 19, 2015 at 03:51 AM.

Miles

I cant seem to open a save with PFM anyone know why?
    I try using the files tab to add files but it wont actually open the .save and just trying to open them from the file tab throws an exception that they have the wrong header

I tried doing it with the latest version 4TPY to 1or 2TPY and its just not working. CTD. Strange ! I used to switch my saved games to any type of turn mods by using this method, unfortunately now it doesn't work anymore.
    Last edited by Hyrus; July 19, 2015 at 06:09 PM.

I edited the calendar for one of my saved games so I could have 4 turns per year, and it does work, but for some reason it's winter every turn.

Is there a way to fix this?

mhawari's Avatar Miles

Sorry for asking, but is that really tutorial "How to make more turn" ? I've plan for make 12turn per years by myself using this tutorial, I try to edit Campaign Map calendar with editsf but it didnt' work. Someone please help me.

RoninX2807's Avatar Senator

Use SaveParser, load savegame game, open panel "Edit - Global", edit value left next to "Turns Per Year" button, press button "Turns Per Year" , save savegame.
    Last edited by RoninX2807; October 20, 2016 at 03:03 PM.

mhawari's Avatar Miles

^^Ok i give the try, but can this app edite the startpos too ?

Quote Originally Posted by mhawari View Post
    ^^Ok i give the try, but can this app edite the startpos too ?
    yes

mhawari's Avatar Miles

Hey bro i've the problem, when i use the Save Parser, load attila save game, open panel "Edit-Global", i don't see any turn per years button. How can i fix it ?

oh, i think i havent made it for Attila. wait for next release. i build that function in.

Hey bro i've the problem, when i use the Save Parser, load attila save game, open panel "Edit-Global", i don't see any turn per years button. How can i fix it ?
    Version v1.26.1.0 published.

mhawari's Avatar Miles

Bro i've try your new version ( v1.26.1.0), but i still see some bugs in there. I know the button "Turn Per Years" is already there but......Now the place value number is gone, how can i fix that ?

[IMG]photo sharing websites[/IMG]

Bro i've try your new version ( v1.26.1.0), but i still see some bugs in there. I know the button "Turn Per Years" is already there but......Now the place value number is gone, how can i fix that ?
    hm, i have to fix that. wait bugfix

Version v1.26.1.1 published.

• BugFix: Attila: Turn-Per-Year field for Attila enabled

mhawari's Avatar Miles

Bro may i suggest something ? i looked into the saveparser.ini at Save Parser Directory, and i see there's app have auto locate at C:/Steam/total war (for example), but i have install my game at Local D. I think u should give "Set Directory Game" option like Mitch ModManager to make it easier to avoid the error.

Bro may i suggest something ? i looked into the saveparser.ini at Save Parser Directory, and i see there's app have auto locate at C:/Steam/total war (for example), but i have install my game at Local D. I think u should give "Set Directory Game" option like Mitch ModManager to make it easier to avoid the error.
    First thank you for your kind words and the reputation.

The problem was an another bug, that checks the registry for the game installation paths.
    The tool was just checkeing in the following tree path:
    - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App {0}
    Now I added another tree path to check (it will be within the next release):
    - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App {0}

This is way the tool checks now the game availability:
    - savegame path exists?
    -> no: game does not exsist
    - checking registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App {0}
    -> no: checking registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App {0}
    - checking path set in the SaveParser.ini
    - use in registry set path or in SaveParser.ini set path (any which points to a valid file path)

Problem was if path was not set correctly in SaveParser.ini, the registry could not be used because only one registry tree path was searched.
    But: if you set the path in the SaveParser.ini correctly (accordingly to your game installation paths, anything works)
    Last edited by RoninX2807; November 06, 2016 at 08:32 AM.

mhawari's Avatar Miles

Oh really ? maybe if you did not know how to fix it you can provide solutions to people how to troubleshoot problems that I mentioned earlier, by the way it sounds like I'm asking for something from you, but can you make ModManager ? since Mitch Heastie has been hired by C.A (I hear that from someone) now the Mod Manager won't enable to update again. Moreover now its appears TWH, and people always complaining bcoz there's no Mod Manager, then they have to set the Mod manually with user.script. (i talking like this bcoz u can make this one, and now you've made such great app calls Save Parse).

"if you did not know how to fix". if you enter your game installation paths, all is fine, isn't it?
    ModManager: thanx for your confidence. but first I have to dive in the topic of mod managing. i have no idea about that. then i have to ask Mitch whether to use his code.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast