Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Iberian Unit pack(25/04/2014)

Default Re: Iberian Unit pack(4/11/2013) Fixed. Work with patch 5. 11 Completely new units.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanciarius_90 View Post
    Can I have all this units in one faction?
    In custom battle yes. And when i can do the merc pool for the iberians.

If someone have the knoledge to do the AOR for the iberians, the help is welcome.

Default Re: Iberian Unit pack(4/11/2013) Fixed. Work with patch 5. 11 Completely new units.

Quote Originally Posted by Frayzies View Post
    Oh, and I'd also like to add that you did an amazing job with this skinpack. I love the look of a number of the units, and if I were to give my favorites I think the Ilergate Spearman, Edanti Elite Infantry, and the Elite Caetratii are all 110% excellent looking. The Edanti Light Infantry is very cool too.
    I appreciate your words of support, and I'm glad that the units are to your liking.

Regarding the elite unit of lancers, in a post above you can see a screenshot with a elite unit of lancers of vascii tribe.

About the new unit of cessetani .... well, as I have understood, animalistic tradition comes more from the Celtic of the peninsula, namely the north.

I have found no documentation on any special unit or feature of the cessetanii, if you find something I'll be happy to have a look.

Thanks for your words of support.

First post modified.

Linked the new version of the mod with the stats of the units compatible with Lines Of Battle Mod. Standard size of units.
    Last edited by Miri82; November 06, 2013 at 07:47 PM.

Default Re: Iberian Unit pack(7/11/2013). 11 Completely new units. Now Lines of Battle Version Too

Unfortunately I haven't been unable to find anything solid regarding the Cessetani beyond the fact that they minted their own coins and were a celticized hill-people living out of Tarraco. It seems like the Cessetani are one of the more obscured tribes over the course of time, a little overshadowed by the tribes surrounding it. There was a Cessetani uprising in 27BC (I believe) and one other event that I read about, but it didn't go into detail about any sort of clothing or weapons specific to the tribe. (A little disappointing.)

One thought I had about the Edanti Light Infantry would be to give them Guerrila Deployment like the Guerrilla Swordsmen. After playing with them in custom battle I feel the Edanti Light Infantry don't hold up well in a straight-up fight and giving them guerrilla deployment might give them a niche and make them worth buying in campaign mode.

I did find a number of interesting picture references for the Iberians in general that you might find useful. One thing of particular note is the Celtiberan straightsword/shortsword- it seems to look a little bit like a triangular gladius of sorts. You can see it in a couple of the pictures linked below. Perhaps you could try adding that in place of the Falcata for some units, or perhaps mix units so that they have both the Iberian straightsword and the Falcata? You may have these pictures already, but if you don't, voila.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: Iberian Unit pack(7/11/2013). 11 Completely new units. Now Lines of Battle Version Too

Thks for the pictures.
    I will consider your opinion about edetani light infantry. You're right about that.

Regarding the different types of blades. Arevacci infantry has a mix of gladious, Celtic and falcatas swords. Gallaeci infantry also have celtic swords and falcata.

Could try to modify the existing texture to get the gladius a gladius hispaniensis appearance but I can not guarantee results.
    Last edited by Miri82; November 07, 2013 at 04:41 AM.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Frayzies - just some heads up here, Osprey pictures are a no go on TWC as it infringes copyright from the publisher.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Frayzies - just some heads up here, Osprey pictures are a no go on TWC as it infringes copyright from the publisher.
    My bad, I'll take them down.

I just hope Miri saved them already. :p

I can't figure out how to edit my previous posts. >.>

you need to post almost 25 times until you have the permission to edit your posts.

The Socii Extraordinarii seem to carry a mix of gladius and some other sort of sword that I've never seen another unit holding. That sword might actually be easier to modify to the Iberian style, having that it doesn't have a rounded pommel or hand-guard like the gladius. Also, my bad for spamming your thread here recently. Your mod has made the Celtiberian tribes my favorite factions in the game. :p

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Man, I really like what ya have done. More pretty stuff to use now!
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

Quote Originally Posted by izanagi11 View Post
    Man, I really like what ya have done. More pretty stuff to use now!
    Thks Izanagi11.

Dosidataskeli (Still WIP).

Needed fix some clipin textures of pelt, iron helmet, and greaves.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

As a note for balancing reasons, I've noticed that in campaign play, the economy behind of some of the units could maybe use a little tweaking.

The Veteran Shield Warrior vanilla unit seems to be superior to most of these mod units (except for the Edanti Elite Infantry), and the projected upkeep for them is estimated 70-80 cost: the same as the standard Iberian swordsman unit. The Veteran Shield Warrior unit kicks ass and has a super-cheap upkeep for some reason.

On the other hand the Elite Caetraetii, Elite Scutarii, Edanti Light Infantry, all have upkeeps of roughly 127-137 but are seemingly weaker units all around.

Maybe raise the upkeep of the Veteran Shield Warriors and lower it respectably for the other units?

Elite Edanti Infantry seem a little on the cheap side as well. My testing seems to have shown them as beating every Roman infantry unit up until Praetorian Guard in a 1v1 fight, while being considerably cheaper than all of those units. On top of this it only has an upkeep of 118 per turn (As opposed to the 127-137 for your other Elite units), and the Elite Edanti is far superior to any other infantry unit added in your mod. Personally I love the look of the Elite Caetratii and would love to see them become a more of an economically feasible "main-body" troop for my Iberian campaigns.

Summary:

Elite Caetratii - My favorite unit, but too expensive upkeep
    Elite Scutarii - Not enough bang for the buck, they seem to perform at the same level as standard scutarii
    Elite Edanti - Awesome unit, very nice, but a little too cheap.
    Veteran Shield Warriors - Stronger than most of the mod's units and much cheaper upkeep than the mod's units
    Ambakaro - I feel like the Elite Edanti are stronger than the Ambakaro. I'm going to run some comparison tests between the two.

Ehh, actually, I take it back. The Ambakaro is holding up against the Elite Edanti better than I thought. Revoke that last part. :p

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

glad to see new camera mod gives its good results, senor

Quote Originally Posted by Frayzies View Post
    As a note for balancing reasons, I've noticed that in campaign play, the economy behind of some of the units could maybe use a little tweaking.

The Veteran Shield Warrior vanilla unit seems to be superior to most of these mod units (except for the Edanti Elite Infantry), and the projected upkeep for them is estimated 70-80 cost: the same as the standard Iberian swordsman unit. The Veteran Shield Warrior unit kicks ass and has a super-cheap upkeep for some reason.

On the other hand the Elite Caetraetii, Elite Scutarii, Edanti Light Infantry, all have upkeeps of roughly 127-137 but are seemingly weaker units all around.

Maybe raise the upkeep of the Veteran Shield Warriors and lower it respectably for the other units?

Elite Edanti Infantry seem a little on the cheap side as well. My testing seems to have shown them as beating every Roman infantry unit up until Praetorian Guard in a 1v1 fight, while being considerably cheaper than all of those units. On top of this it only has an upkeep of 118 per turn (As opposed to the 127-137 for your other Elite units), and the Elite Edanti is far superior to any other infantry unit added in your mod. Personally I love the look of the Elite Caetratii and would love to see them become a more of an economically feasible "main-body" troop for my Iberian campaigns.

Summary:

Elite Caetratii - My favorite unit, but too expensive upkeep
    Elite Scutarii - Not enough bang for the buck, they seem to perform at the same level as standard scutarii
    Elite Edanti - Awesome unit, very nice, but a little too cheap.
    Veteran Shield Warriors - Stronger than most of the mod's units and much cheaper upkeep than the mod's units
    Ambakaro - I feel like the Elite Edanti are stronger than the Ambakaro. I'm going to run some comparison tests between the two.
    I spent a lot of time designing the units, and little do rebalancing. Maybe you're right, I'll tweak the stats to get a good balancing between.

Anyway, radious have included my units within their mod, has made consistent and balanced for battle mod. Sure he has done an excellent job.

From now on, my work was part of Magnar Mod.

There's the link

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Iberian-Tribes

Thks for the support, and i see you soon.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Hope there will be also a traditional vanilla version with icons and the old stuff gracias y Suerte!

Default Re: Iberian Unit pack(25/04/2014).

New version of the mod

Steam page

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...22&searchtext=

I hope you enjoy.
    Last edited by Miri82; April 24, 2014 at 07:58 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast