Thread: So am I just picky or is anyone else bothered by this?

Venomousmonkey's Avatar Civis

Default So am I just picky or is anyone else bothered by this?

So I noticed, in the introduction speech to a battle, will ony take place in ROTS and Shogun Total War 2 if you're a Buddist. Whenever you convert to christianity it no longer gives this option. I have also yet to see it in FOTS, which doesn't bother me as much because of all the new features, just makes me sad face.

I would love to even pay to be able to have speeches, when a Monk/Metsuke/Priest or even a Foreign Gentlemen. It feels like to me it messes with my immersion. The realization does come to me that there's not much we can do, but I was just wondering if any people had the same or similar, or even those that would think I'm the bane of the earth and should be cast into hell. I'm really not sure if this was intentional, or seems could have been diverted to focus on gameplay.

Default Re: So am I just picky or is anyone else bothered by this?

Playing Shogun 2, I feel there's not enough of the little things that made Rome and M2 a little more atmospheric. In those, there'd not only be more speech combos, but also characters would get traits more often and there'd be a little history lesson on some turns. Shogun 2 feels like 'conquer, conquer, conquer' the whole time with little time for ambience.

Venomousmonkey's Avatar Civis

Default Re: So am I just picky or is anyone else bothered by this?

Yes very much so, it seemed it at least had some of the functions that made Empire Total war popular, but just didn't have enough extra for the side immersion factors. I haven't yet played Rome Total War II, but hopefully they build on it because it seemed the biggest graphical/gameplay jump was Empire total war from Medeviel Total War II. Even more of a change than Med Total War 1, to Rome 1. Hopefully the sliding scale comes back, but i'd definitly hope for some DLC that helps with that but with Rome out, I suppose the dream must continue lol.