Thread: 17 roman factions+1senate?

Default 17 roman factions+1senate?

Is it do-able? Can i make 17 roman factions and have them all recieve messages from the senate? Is this a hard-coded limit?

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: 17 roman factions+1senate?

Moved to the Mod Workshop Forum

It might be possilbe to get them all of the senate missions, but i doubt that it is possible. And yes you could always creat as many Roman factions as you want, but the hardcoded limit is 21 factions.

Anyone got a possible solution on how to get all my 17 roman factions to get senate missions and offices?

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

If you have 1.3 or 1.5, just give them all the superfaction_senate line in descr_strat.txt.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

anybody has tried this in nto or anywhere else
    cause it seems interesting
    but how will senate mission system work ANY IDEA ,will it gave different proviences to conquor to each roman faction
    or will the missions clash with each other
    cause it can trigger war amongst roman factions in attempt to accomplish senate missions {which can be same for two roman factions }very early in the game
    Last edited by vikrant; September 17, 2006 at 01:10 PM.
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

@Lusted: Yes i tried that but so far no luck. There has to be something else that triggers the julii, brutii and scipii to exclusivly by the lap dogs of the senate. I have RTW 1.5 so if anyone can help me i'd much appreciate it. If i can overcome this hurdle then i'll release my new mod; Republic: Total War. I'll be releasing seperate campaigns such as the civil war between Marius and Sulla, The Crisis of the Gracchi Brothers, The Rise and Fall of Pompey, as well as the Civil War between Pompey and Caesar, Octavian and Marcus Antonnius/Cleopatra and eventually an Imperial Campaign set in the year of the four emperors. I'll also have a grand campaign stretching from 110BC (Marius) to 14AD (Octavian).

17 roman families:

{ROMANS_JULII} The House of Julii
    {ROMANS_BRUTII} The House of Junii
    {ROMANS_SCIPII} The House of Cornelii
    {ROMANS_SENATE} S.P.Q.R.
    {MACEDON} The House of Fabii
    {EGYPT} The Ptolemaic Empire
    {SELEUCID} The House of Porcii
    {CARTHAGE} The House of Licinii
    {PARTHIA} The House of Domitii
    {PONTUS} The House of Servilii
    {GAULS} The House of Aurelii
    {GERMANS} The House of Calpurnii
    {BRITONS} The House of Claudii
    {ARMENIA} The House of Tullii
    {DACIA} The House of Sertorii
    {GREEK_CITIES} The House of Valerii
    {NUMIDIA} The House of Marii
    {SCYTHIA} The House of Pompeii
    {SPAIN} The Kingdom of Parthia
    {THRACE} The Kingdom of Pontus
    {SLAVE} Tribus Barbarum

The Slave faction will be seriously reworked to simulate barbarian tribes and foreign kingdoms in the east. Traits will be reorked so that becoming a conquering hero helps your cause in rome by boosting your popularity. All roman families start with 1 province randomly assigned every new campaign (so u never play the same campaign twice ) and if i can work out how to do it, make it such that the senate builds armies and gives them to factions through scripts everytime they give a miliary mission. Civil War will be inevitable however and your faction must ally with as many roman factions as possible to win. Civil War will not be fought between 2 factions, but rather multiple factions fighting other factions. The Objective is to take rome and hold it for 10 turns. Do this and your faction leader will get the trait "Dictator for Life". The faction heir will then inherit the trait from the leader and get the trait "Caesar Augustus". If Rome is held for another 10 turns with the new faction leader as "Caesar Augustus" then the trait increases to "Emperor of Rome" and is henceforth passed on to the next faction leader when he comes to be faction leader.

All factions can only recruit Early Roman Legionaries (chainmailed guys) and all battle banners for romans will be the same (SPQR) because even though it might be a civil war, they are still servants of rome, not servants of themselves. Ballista's Onager's will have a huge range. Legionaries will only be recruitable if you build a "Military Colony" in your province. The Military colony being where retired soldiers live and work togeather in civillian life and spreading roman culture to barbarians. Then you have to build a barracks for them to train in of course as always. Units take 0 turns to build and allows for mass conscriptions in times of need. Money will never be a problem so long as you build a "Ager Publicus" construction which allows for the training of equites and adds a huge amount of denarii to your family's treasury. A neccessary addition to any faction cause in a civil war.

I am also redoing the senate offices

1 Pontifex Maximus for life
    2 Censors for 5 years
    2 Consuls for 1 year
    4 Praetors for 1 year
    8 Aediles for 1 year
    20 Quaestors for 1 year

All faction characters are assigned one of the following three compulsory traits: either Plebeian, Equestrian or Patrician.

Plebeian trait earns a massive boost to popularity with the people
    Equestrian trait neither boosts senate or people standing but gives a massive boost to your finances
    Patrician traits earns a massive boost to popularity with the senate.

These traits will be inheritable from father to son. It is possible though the social ranks by a combination of gaining higher office and having more money in your treasury. The Marii's faction leader in 110BC is Gaius Marius and they are allied closely to the Sertorii under Quintus Sertorius. Both men start with the plebeian rank and earn the senate's distrust. They can seize power if they wanted to so an early march on rome is possible. Gaius Marius also controls the gold and silver mines of Iberia which helps his faction financialy. Civil War will no doubt breakout early for the unprepared Marii and Sertorii but rising to the rank of Equestrian or patrician will cool the senates feather and avoid the world ganking the poor Marii and Sertorii. In 110BC Gius Marius is Rome best general and will start with all the traits to prove it. Quintus Sertorius also has the traits to make him Marius' right hand man. Watch your back is the name of the game in Republic Total War. Try bribing other faction members to come to your side and fight for you.

And to sum up, all roman faction will have the same colour to give the illusion of a united but divided rome. Because even though factions fought each other in civil wars all sides fought for rome and carried the republic's banners into war. This can make battle a little confusing and upsetting seeing two sides wearing the same uniform hack each other to bits but this is what it was like back then and i intened to make a mod about it. With some help of course to overcome this damned senate missions problem.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

The Senate will NOT give missions or commands to any other factions other than Julii, scipii or brutii. I've tried every way from sideways to make them do it. Must be hardcoded.