Thread: Phyon's Faction Overhaul (Updated 10/13/2013

Default Phyon's Faction Overhaul (Updated 10/13/2013

Info
    Hey, When I started all I wanted was the ability to have warrior priests of sigmar. But since then I have been studying the buildings and units at just how much is pushed off to the side. Units that could be used to make a faction really cool all stuck behind the fact you have no reason to ever use the units. I have been going through constantly looking at units testing them against others and the factions have some really cool units but why use any of them? I dont think there currently is much of any kind of tech tree a lot of the time you are using the same units all the way up the tech tree. A lot of factions allow you to build every unit whether it is barracks level 1 or 5.

My plans for the mod is to change that if you're playing nordland it will feel different then playing reikland based on their units. I am currently not going to be creating new units to any grand scale this mod is mostly going to be a restructuring of the building tree. Factions will be losing units Already I have begun to remove units I feel the factions should not have access to the degree they have. Something that bugged me greatly was the fact the empire factions could recruit High elf units better then the high elves could. So I have taken them and dwarven allies away from empire factions completely currently. This is only the begining of my plans though. My current focus is on the empire factions as they have so many units but after I finish the empire I will be moving onto other factions.
    News

10/13/2013 My work on this mod was slowed slightly as I recently went from running windows to linux so it has taken me a little while to get fully back up and running but I will let you guys know a little where I am at with the mod. I have yet to balance any unit stats yet. but I did rearrange reiklands tech tree to have a more unique unit list compared to others. All I have done is remove their ability to build some units space out their tech trees to balance out their units this has inadvertinly made them really OP in my tests with them as a computer faction the computer pretty much destroyes everything. around them every time. The chaos factions invasions are pretty soundly wiped out by them as well. It has been kind of a unexpected change so while I was initially going to release the factions one at a time until I had finished each empire faction. So my work on this is resuming from where I had left off before on it. I have started working on nordland I am really liking how their faction is turning out.

Changelog

First update to the mod V0.01 9/24/2013

• All dwarven and High elf units have been removed from all other factions then Dwarven and High elf Factions In campaign
    • This has also been done in Custom battles. This hopefully begins to clear up the custom battle units for factions.
    • A note this change also affects Kislev as well as empire.

Installation
    Instalation steps
    Step 1 go to
    Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Call_of_Warhammer\data or on steam go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Rage_of_dark_Gods\data
    Step 2 make a back up of export_descr_buildings.txt and export_descr_unit
    Step 3 Drop the export_descr_buildings.txt and export_descr_unit that you download below into the data folder replace the previous version and then play the game.
    Downloads
    V0.001
    Mega link
    Click Here
    V0.00
    Twc Attachment link for the mod.
    export_descr_buildings.txt
    Mega.co.nz link
    https://mega.co.nz/#!CJVHgAIJ!dEfQ8B...wdEYg0HEu1IDpg
    Last edited by Phyon; October 13, 2013 at 02:02 PM.

Default Re: Building Special units without events (Warrior priests/Witch hunters)

Sounds neat m8, I like your style, but for some reason TWC is giving me a fit and won't let me download your submod.
    What lines did you change and what to?

Default Re: Building Special units without events (Warrior priests/Witch hunters)

Sorry things I should of put in the main post. Since I can not edit I will put it here. Here is a link to mega so the file can be downloaded. Mega link so what you do with it is just drop it into your Data folder wherever you have the mod installed at so like Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Call_of_Warhammer\data drop it in the data folder or if you want to edit it what I did was I went to that location and opened export_descr_buildings.txt I took out the event requirments to these 2 lines.

recruit_pool "Warpriests" 0 0.2 1 1 requires factions { hre, portugal, spain, scotland, sicily, milan, saxons, france, venice, byzantium, }

recruit_pool "witch hunters" 0 0.1 1 1 requires factions { hre, portugal, spain, scotland, sicily, milan, saxons, france, venice, byzantium, }

I then added the warrior priests of sigmar to the 4th church they were already on the 5th church it just needs to be put between the line on a building between compatibility If you have a program like notepad ++ I put the warrior priests on line 3532 it will be different with out the other changes but should be close. Just make sure it is between capability brackets.Then I added the witch hunter line to entertainment buildings 4 and 5 That would be Pleasure palace and coaching house Same thing put it in recruitment. When editing I did have the game crash on trying to open the game when I started messing with the stat numbers for recruitment. So careful if you decide to mess with them. Also the code is a little messy the entertainment line while all together is not in the order that you would build them in.

I don't quite know what each of the numbers does currently they have a 0 0.1 1 1 I have only done minor changes to it on higher and lower tier buildings but my assumption so far is some how that is how fast they repool how many can sit in a town recruitment wise. Using that you can have any faction recruit what ever you want if you break down what the unit is called.

In the case of warrior priest of sigmar warpriest you could change factions that could recruit units whether they are mercenaries or different factions units. That was why I was thinking it would be to bad to add some of the units from rebel factions bandits mercenaries or something to the border princes to help fill out their small roster a little bit. For my self I don't think I would want to much added to the empire factions as when you have every building they have a ton of different units to build. But some of the other factions are some what limited.

Specifically border princes they have ways they can build some mercenary units but so can all the empire units from the dogs of war camps. I think of their own personal units they lack. I also find it weird they can like other empire factions build high elf mercenary with their location and all. But lore wise I don't know a lot about them other then they seem to be a frontier banditry kind of faction.I in general kind of dislike how the recruitment is some what clunky through out the factions with so many mercenaries I don't like having to go through so many redundant units for the sake of more units. Like how the game will give you the basic warrior, range, special units for high elves and dwarves or how the campaign ai works but thats some other gripes I have on things. any ways that should help you set up to builds those two units.

(I can edit so I will add some of this into to the main post ! Fixed Formatting Glitch I made it clearer in the main post now that I can edit but for now I will leave this post as it is for now.)
    Last edited by Phyon; September 23, 2013 at 01:16 PM.

Awesome thanks brother! You're my hero!

Glad to be of some help. I am really liking the idea of completly overhauling the tech and build trees. There is so much that can be done to make the empire factions more interesting from each other. Currently for example Stirland tier one archer and tier one melee gives you 3 different archers 3 different halbadiers crossbowmen 1 The ability to make hand gunners 1 type of sword and board 1 type of dual wield and a spearmen type. That seems like a lot of units from 2 tier one buildings.

My idea is change the tech trees all around. In that example take out the basic halbadiers make stirlands halbadiers special first tier give them one of their 2 special halbadiers then make the other higher tier same thing with the archers drop the basic empire archers spread out the special archers. give them the basic empire swordsmen.

So that each faction would have units that could excell while having special stand out units currently some of the empire factions are just flat out worthless. Like for example Talabecland is awfull they get swordmasters and that's it nothing else special and the swordmasters. But they are better then empire sworsmen they cost a tiny bit more but really always seem to be the better choice to go with. so the empire swordsmen seem like clutter for them. There seems to be a lot of things like that I am already working on dropping the ability to recruit dwarves highelves from empire and kislev kislev can build dwarves right from the get go.

From just wanting to be able to have warrior priests I have quickly come across a lot of problems to me with the tech and build trees.
    Last edited by Phyon; September 24, 2013 at 12:34 AM.

Default Re: Phyon's Faction Overhaul (Updated 10/13/2013

Quality mod mate.

I'd really like to see Kislev get a couple new units:

Beastslayer talks about the soldiers in Praag wearing winged lion tabards, Praag could get a unique unit called Stalgrad Militia equipped with bows, swords and strong morale.

In Riders of the Dead by Dan Abnett. Kislevite lancers use sabres on horseback but long, straight double handed swords when on foot which they carry in their saddle usually. So a Dismounted Lancer unit armed with two-handed swords?

I'll also link you to this which has a few more ideas in the opening post:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ed-Kislev-army