Thread: Will the next Total War game be £29.99?

Default Will the next Total War game be £29.99?

Hi. A while back before release I was whining about the £44.99 price. It seemed way too much. Since the game launch was (in a word) a disaster and generally considered a low point the series, will the next Total War game be the generally accepted standard price of pc game in the UK at around £29.99 or is Sega wanting to continue to charge £44.99 for games that probably shouldn't have been launched ? Thanks.

Shogun 2 was £29.99 and I feel I totally got my moneys worth, it was a great game (the best imo) and a high point for the series. But £44.99 for Rome II has kinda stained my faith in the series.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Will the next Total War game be £29.99?

If metacritic is taken out of the equation, I would think it entirely possible.

But, that's not likely to happen
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

It will be even cheaper for me, on a steam sale 1 year from release. Thanks CA!

Unless its a good game it will be

There's already sales where it's that cheap. I just reached 60 hours in Rome and for $60 USD that's a great value.

Of course not. Look at Rome 2 itself. CA showed that they are in it for quick cash.

Campidoctor

Since when is £29.99 the standard price of a new PC game? Most big releases are closer to £39.99.

And the sooner retailers abandon the totally ridiculous and completely unfounded practice of pricing goods a penny below the pound the better.

You can blame the pirates for making video game prices so high.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePatton View Post
    You can blame the pirates for making video game prices so high.
    Actually, video game prices have been relatively the same since the 90's when they could be priced anywhere from 30 USD to 100 USD. Accounting for inflation, the prices of Video Games have essentially been the same/gone down since then.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?