Thread: Dano-Norwegian Faction

Herr Lindstrom's Avatar Semisalis

Default Dano-Norwegian Faction

It's been a while since I've first started this project. I quit when I realized I couldnt find an acceptable model in which to base the Danish Grenadiers on. Since a Dano-Norwegian faction requires pretty much 2 of each (similar to the way Austria selection is like), I would be required to model 2 types of Grenadiers because the Danish and Norwegians had different bear skin shakos. But also making new models would require me to rid of a useless faction and I've decided to rid the Ottomans from this little modification

In all i'm looking for a modeler who is interested in taking the task of helping me make the Dano-Norwegian faction happen this time around. I've already some experience playing with the text files and using GIMP to reskin. Unfortunately I accidentally deleated my work when I reformated my computer so all the improvements I have made for the Danish Line are lost, but I did manage to salvage the first stage of my works which was to change the french fusilier's coat to red, change the trousers to dark grey, and to get them to work ingame (which was a major feat in itself )

Here's some of the old surviving pics of my works.

please PM me if you're interested.

Edit do keep in mind these were the first pics and only surviving pics of my danish line, as I got more into it I created skins for different regiments, gave the shirts and trousers realistic shadowing, and managed to get the facing to cooperate with the skin and model (the black that is on the Musketeer's chest)
    Last edited by Herr Lindstrom; April 04, 2009 at 02:01 AM.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Dano-Norwegian Faction

send me the picture of the danish grenadier, and I think I can help model it (forget the skinning though-I suck at that).
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

If you are still working on this I could give you a hand
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos_Ruler View Post
    "Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

true production wont come underway until summer break starts for me, because School is nearing the end. But any help is greatly appreciated because there might be a clan campaign and i'd like to have a Danish Faction included.

Nirnaeth Arnoediad's Avatar Vive l'Empereur !

I've made this submod, adding a danish faction. All the units are historical.
    You can find it on UTW (univers total war) : http://www.universtotalwar.fr/Forum/...showtopic=3879
    Enjoy !

Quote Originally Posted by Nirnaeth Arnoediad View Post
    I've made this submod, adding a danish faction. All the units are historical.
    You can find it on UTW (univers total war) : http://www.universtotalwar.fr/Forum/...showtopic=3879
    Enjoy !
    Nice.
    You should contact the LORDZ and tell them too, they may include the faction officially.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Wow. Merci. They all look good but I disagree with the model you used for the Regular Grenadiers, the French Middle guard skin would've been more appropriate. or even french grenadier as there were many accounts of Danish grenadiers wearing Shakos instead of bearskin hats. The color of the pants seems odd... almost like a faded purpul color. The pantaloons were more of a dark grey to faded grey (due to campaigning). Also the officers are not historically accurate though I do know that N2TW has reached the model limit of 500 but you still could've used different models.

Though I do take for granted at what you have done and it is a great honor that my nation is represented. Take my comment as constructive critisism for I mean no offence.

I am willing to give you my entire collection of information about the danes to make your minimod look 100% like it should if you wish

Nirnaeth Arnoediad's Avatar Vive l'Empereur !

Thanks. Your comments are welcome. I''l see and try some ajustements.