Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: RM_TEXTURE 1. 6 New units Rome,Carthage,Athenes,Sparta

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: RM_Texture Mod 1.2 New units Rome

I didnt see the special UI cards made by Bullgod in your package, will you implement them soon ?

VonSchlepp's Avatar Libertus

Can someone please tell me why in the last few days I can't see any pictures posted on the twc anymore? For some reason a couple of days ago pictures stopped showing up.
    "Spaniards can be impressed by the courtesy of the conqueror,
    French by his riches, Greeks by his respect for the arts, Jews by
    his moral integrity, Africans by his calm and authoritative bearing,
    but Germans are impressed by none of these things. They must be
    struck into the dust, struck down again as they rise. Struck again
    while they lie groaning, while their wounds still pain them; they will
    respect the hand that dealt them."
    -Germanicus Caesar
    Roman general
    (15 B.C.- 19 A.D.)

Quote Originally Posted by VonSchlepp View Post
    Can someone please tell me why in the last few days I can't see any pictures posted on the twc anymore? For some reason a couple of days ago pictures stopped showing up.
    I have the same problem. With Google Chrome they are working just fine. When I try internet explorer, I encounter the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorix View Post
    I didnt see the special UI cards made by Bullgod in your package, will you implement them soon ?
    Yes in the following versions

RM_TEXTURE 1.3 New units Rome
    new icons for the mod
    Credit :BullGod Unit Icons project
    Author :BullGod
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/41...8q/MOD+1.3.rar

Default Re: RM_Texture Mod

Great mod,mate!!! Totally liking that centurion+ Galician Legions. But, had to uninstall because I do not like what have you done to the Legatus Cav. What's with masks?? I'll be fallowing the tread hoping you'll decide to drop them. Awesome work on everything else.

Default Re: RM_Texture Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Bohannan View Post
    Great mod,mate!!! Totally liking that centurion+ Galician Legions. But, had to uninstall because I do not like what have you done to the Legatus Cav. What's with masks?? I'll be fallowing the tread hoping you'll decide to drop them. Awesome work on everything else.
    Legatus Cav remake

Eoreds's Avatar Foederatus
    India, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Default Re: RM_Texture Mod 1.3 New units Rome

Please create one version with the vanilla style cards as those who don't use BullGod's project get a mix of different styles of Unit cards which doesn't look or feel nice. For now I at least am going to only use the centurions as the multiple styles of UCs don't let me enjoy, but great work still and continue.

Thanks,
    Eoreds
    Rome 2 Unofficial fansite
    Rome 2 MP Clan
    My name on steam: [TS] Total Warlord
    My name on the official forums: Total Warlord
    my name on moddb: Eoreds

Hey, mod is nice but for new units like legio galica or gemanica name doesnt show up? Where should i put name.txt file?

i agree with previous post, i would like an option with vanilla unit cards, as i have gotten used to them now
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Legionary Titus Pullo View Post
    i agree with previous post, i would like an option with vanilla unit cards, as i have gotten used to them now
    don't replace the UI.

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Awesome update, nice work as always!

Any chance you will be adding archers?

Pretty decent rearnament :-)
    Is there a way how to just mod the crests for the centurions only? ...Cause it changes the Black/white colored crests on the Spartans too... which i really liked so much

I have only three new units in v1.03 :
    Legionnaires spearmen
    Legio Germanica
    Legio Gallica

Is it normal ?
    I hope to see more legions soon.

THX

Quote Originally Posted by Artstudio View Post
    Six new unit
    Legionnaires spearmen
    Republican Triarii
    Legio Gallica
    Legio Adiutrix
    Legio Germanica
    Legio Flavia Firma

got to make it right

Do you ever plan on making separate releases for some of your skins? I have to agree with Bohannan about the Legate looking weird, I also think you're missing some units for version 1.3.

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

can you make the republican triarii unit use only lorica hamata?
    Thanks for the great modification
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

This mod is very good. Artstudio your level is the highest.

very good work,i just don't like the blue color on the TUNICA "soldier vest" i think i more realistic White or light brown color

Quote Originally Posted by pacco View Post
    Are you kidding me?!

And NO, you can't use someone else's work without permission.
    Yes, mods are free, but you CAN'T use stuffs from there for your mod before you get positive answer.
    I can't believe that I need to explain this to someone...

I HOPE THAT ADMINISTRATORS AND MODERATORS WILL INVESTIGATE THIS CASE AND FIND THE BEST SOLUTION.
    It depends on the work. If I make a mod that is a gameplay modification and I add some reskins there should neither be need to ask for "permission". Permission of what? It is polite to ask, but if you give credits for other works it is more than enough because in this case your work and the one I do are completely different so there cannot be theft and the addition is only done to help users out.

The thing is different if instead you use work without permission on relating work, as using same textures in a texture mod. However in this case I followed the diatribe from beginning and it just seem to me that ArtStudio used your textures as a placeholder (as it is usually done to have a base of start) and then forgot to alter them with their owns. If he really wanted to steal your work don't you think he would have been more subtle as in not posting screenshots that you could immediately see?

Frankly this community is bugging me to no end. I am making a battle overhaul mod and there's no way to even get permissions to use reskins and that's absolutely idiotic (only ArtStudio for now agreed to it without problems). I should neither have to ask for permission for something like this and these people don't even grant it and if I just don't care and put them anyway I will even get "reported" and what's even funnier is that moderators would really ask me to delete the work or bring my mod down. OMG.

It's totally hilarious to say the least. If you would do something like this in Nexus (i.e. asking a modder that does a gameplay overhaul to delete a reskin s/he did put in his/her mod with full credits just because s/he didn't ask "permission" the modders would just laugh till the day after; if then they would know that you even asked permission and it was not granted for some unknown reason it's much probable that they will completely ban you for not wanting to share your work with others for no reason whatsoever because simply my work and yours have nothing to do one with another and it is just for convenience of users that I use it with full credits on what you did).

I sincerely don't know what kind of community this is but there's something seriously flawed in the way some modders act here, and it seems it happens mostly with re-skinners. I am a graphic designer myself it's just that I don't want to come from work and do the same thing for fun, so I focus on gameplay aspects instead. I know the work it takes but if you don't share your work with others what is even the point of making a mod to being with? To have "recognition"? If I wanted to laugh I would go watch a comic movie.

Quote Originally Posted by andreaperrino11 View Post
    very good work,i just don't like the blue color on the TUNICA "soldier vest" i think i more realistic White or light brown color
    This is not unrealistic ... there are many topics about legionaries who wore the blue tunics ... as an example ..Legio XIV Gemina