Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Roman Archers Unit Packs (Land & Naval)

Jopel's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Auxiliary Roman Archers + UPC German Support

First of all, looks like a great mod (as said last week in another topic lol)!!
    Secondly a perhaps stupid question... how do i download this? I just can seem to find the proper
    link in the page you link. Is it supposed to be I first d/l a downloadmanager, since that is where
    your link was sending me to yesterday (could be me though)
    Last edited by Jopel; September 25, 2013 at 06:49 AM.
    www.yeshua-saves.nl

Intel i7 4770K @ 4.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | 2x (CF) Asus R9 290-DC2OC |
    8GB Mushkin Blackline 2000MHz | Samsung SSD 840 Pro 265GB | Seagate SSHD 500GB |
    Corsair AX860i | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Asus PB278Q 27" 2560x1440 |
    I believe in Jesus Christ our Saviour. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it,
    then copy and paste this in your signature

Chieftain John K.'s Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Jopel View Post
    First of all, looks like a great mod (as said last week in another topic lol)!!
    Secondly a perhaps stupid question... how do i download this? I just can seem to find the proper
    link in the page you link. Is it supposed to be I first d/l a downloadmanager, since that is where
    your link was sending me to yesterday (could be me though)
    Hello all,
    Well, the current link is only for one Roman Archer unit. The next days comes a whole new mod. Everything is WIP. Units, models, statistics, unit cards, and required military building & technologies. The name of the thread changed. It will be for all screenshots on the first page and the required information. Everything will be compatible with Radious Total War Mod and Radious Unit Packs. Everything gets UPC German support. It will be 2 versions with different models, so you can decide which models you want. All this is already done.
    That I can test my changes quickly I made 2 more roman cheat mods.
    Roman 1 turn research and Roman 1 turn construction. This only affects the Romans. I will offer this in the Thread for seperate download option. Maybe later comes the blood bloome effects (need permission) and another mod for missile ships. These are then all submods. One must not take!

The current link will be removed soon. Then made ​​the thread to WIP.

Note: I have currently the problem that I can not see the new unit cards in the game without crash. Should I not be able to solve this problem, then i will take vanilla unit cards.

Salute
    Last edited by Chieftain John K.; September 26, 2013 at 02:08 AM.

(WIP) Roman Archer Unit Packs + UPC German Support + Submods ... Coming soon... See First Post. More Screenshots and Informations will follow!

Thanks Chief

"Note: I have currently the problem that I can not see the new unit cards in the game without crash."

Radious had a similar problem with his unit packs. His solution was: 'Updated with additional card fixes and added to UI folder unit masks - could cause crash for certain people.' Don't know if this is the same problem you're having with your unit cards, but thought I'd throw it out there....

Quote Originally Posted by WilliVonBill View Post
    "Note: I have currently the problem that I can not see the new unit cards in the game without crash."

Radious had a similar problem with his unit packs. His solution was: 'Updated with additional card fixes and added to UI folder unit masks - could cause crash for certain people.' Don't know if this is the same problem you're having with your unit cards, but thought I'd throw it out there....
    Thanks for the reply. The problem is solved. Release in 2-3 days. UPC support is always updated. This mod were adjusted with Radious Unit Packs. Radious units and his archers/- my archers are similar in the statistics. This allows you to combine all units and it brings the best game experience! No files were integrated in conflict with Radious mods. Everything is compatible. This is very important to me.
    Last edited by Chieftain John K.; September 27, 2013 at 01:26 AM.

Default Re: Roman Archers Unit Packs + UPC German Support + Submods

That is very good news! Can't wait to try them.

Looking forward for this one

Foederatus

For the life of me I can't seem to get the naval versions of the archers recruitable in the campaign. They work fine in custom battle..... :/ any tips?
    Last edited by Marchymagic; September 27, 2013 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchymagic View Post
    For the life of me I can't seem to get the naval versions of the archers recruitable in the campaign. They work fine in custom battle..... :/ any tips?
    Well, I do not know what files you have change but I will offer 3 submods after the release. I will solve the problem and especially for you. I will also do well, so you'd have to wait for a submod. But at the moment I want to prepare the release. I work a lot so I've made ​​cheat mods. This saves time for testing...

This 2 cheat mods for the Romans will be offered at release.
    1. Roman 1 Turn Research
    2. Roman 1 Turn Construction
    These mods are fully compatible with everything. Each mod has only one function. Change roman construction and research time. That's it. But as I said these mods make the Romans pretty powerful!

3. Roman Naval Archers
    For this mod I will solve your problem. What is changed, we will see...

Can you make also a version with vanilla adjusted stats? Many people are using different Mods or complete Vanilla and personally I don't like Radious Mods since CA catched up with the new patches, because Radious now disables important game mechanics, feels like cheating (way too easy) and takes out many strategical/tactical thinking (nonetheless I know it makes game better in some aspects).
    Last edited by Igor85; September 28, 2013 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Igor85 View Post
    Can you make also a version with vanilla adjusted stats? Many people are using different Mods or complete Vanilla and personally I don't like Radious Mods since CA catched up with the new patches, because Radious now disables important game mechanics, feels like cheating (way too easy) and takes out many strategical/tactical thinking (nonetheless I know it makes game better in some aspects).
    Do not worry. My archers are suitable for both vanilla and Radious mods. My weaker archers level 1-3 are already weaker so more vanilla. But still strong. Only my best level 4 are similar to the Radious "Roman Archers" but are still weaker. More versions only confuse the players. So that means you have to be satisfied. But I think it's a good combination. I can also still working on better solutions. At first, I offer you something and wait for the feedback...

any date for archers or any other mod to be done

im looking foword for this mod

Quote Originally Posted by tonecas View Post
    any date for archers or any other mod to be doneim looking foword for this mod
    Yes there is a date. The beta will be available in the next 6-24 hours. I have to sleep sometime. The thread will be updated at this time. There will be new screenshots for each unit.
    Last edited by Chieftain John K.; September 29, 2013 at 10:06 PM.

New Screenshots first post!

Icon1 Re: Roman Archers Unit Packs + UPC German + Submods

Beta is offered!

Planned is another feature. Probably as a submod...
    Roman Naval Archers
    Last edited by Chieftain John K.; September 30, 2013 at 06:12 PM.

Default Re: Roman Archers Unit Packs + UPC German + Submods

Currently WIP

Roman Archer Unit Pack - Naval

First Screenshots first post
    Last edited by Chieftain John K.; October 01, 2013 at 07:43 AM.

I'm having a bit of trouble finding the exact place to extract the file to. Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by scatode View Post
    I'm having a bit of trouble finding the exact place to extract the file to. Can anyone help?
    Drive X:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\total war rome 2\data. Copy UI folder to data folder

Default Re: Roman Archers Unit Packs + UPC German + Submods [WIP] Naval Archers

Excellent work, Chieftain John K.!! Might be nice if the lowest level of archers were available with the first Auxiliary building... just a thought.

Default Re: Roman Archers Unit Packs + UPC German + Submods [WIP] Naval Archers

1 turn tech and building is not working for me......... i just have radius campaign, battle, tech and economie and units pack 1 + the archer mod

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast