Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Bunch of How-to's and other short guides

Default Re: A Bunch of How-to's and other short guides: Come here for Tech Help!

Hello,

i downloaded "Mundus Magnus v2" and wanted to install it. But in the readme.txt is said, that i have to download this file "http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=43" for installing too. But: its no directlink and now i don`t know which mod is meant . May anybody help me, please?

Thanks for your help!

greetings

pantani

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: A Bunch of How-to's and other short guides: Come here for Tech Help!

If you want Mundus Magnus already modded, try Terrae Expungandae mod for one. It is based on the Mundus Magnus map.

hello, my two laptop mouse buttons broke, so I can't use the right click in game. I tried to bind it to some other key but there wasn't one in the rtw options. is this a fail from the CA or i'm just blind? I need help asap.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Have a look in the descr_shortcuts.txt file which is in the data\text folder - there may be something in there.

I'd suggest investing in a new mouse though. I hate using the touchpad on my laptop.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

good4eL's Avatar Civis

Hello.

What means an add in the shortcut "-ne" and where I can read more about all adds like this?

With respect, good4eL.

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The add "-ne" makes it so the game starts in a windowed mode instead of full screen and if you want to find out more about command line switches go to this link from RTW haven http://rtw.heavengames.com/rtw/mods/...ne/index.shtml

Default Re: How to: Enabling commands, troubleshooting, basic modding guides and related items

Thanks for this excellent info, +Rep!
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Tiro

Hi, you do not know why I have lag on the campaign map in RTW? Never happened to me in any TW game. I have the latest drivers, I play it without any problems even though I have a high AA, I tried it and off and other settings, but I still lags. The latest TW games I have ever problems. I thought that's modes, but it is not. Please advice. thanks
    Last edited by kubo4747; January 02, 2013 at 04:01 PM.

Age of the game has a lot to do with it. It's almost ten years old.

Tiro

I dont understand... This can be solved somehow?

Play it in gamer's mode, low resolution and none or next to noe eyecandy, and the game still has its moments.
    It uses core of your cpu, it's pure 32bit code with a 4gb ceiling including graphics, sound, etc., and everything including the proverbial kitchen sink goes through that one core. The graphics chip/card does not even see it to display it until after this fact. This is why the game could get by played on some oldie integrated chips, albeit on low, because less stress.
    Got an i7 third generation overclocked to a stable 5GHz? It may even lag on it if you love great graphics.

Tiro

This is not fair.

Chris Death's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by kubo4747 View Post
    Hi, you do not know why I have lag on the campaign map in RTW? Never happened to me in any TW game. I have the latest drivers, I play it without any problems even though I have a high AA, I tried it and off and other settings, but I still lags. The latest TW games I have ever problems. I thought that's modes, but it is not. Please advice. thanks
    The campaign map lag (if it's only on campaign map and not on battle map) sometimes
    can be caused by the mouse - especially wireless ones like to do that.

If you get the chance of trying another mouse of another brand (preferabely a wired one) - give it a go and see if that helps.

~S~ CD
    Ever wanted to be able to attack the city of rome the second turn when playing a roman faction yourself in RTW? then click here

|Sith|IV|Chris_Death

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Chrisdeath69?gvnc=1

~S~ CD

Tiro

I have classic mouse.

Chris Death's Avatar Campidoctor

If you get a chance without spending money i'd still give it a try.

I had the campaign map lag once because of a wireless one but i've seen
    others having had the problem with wired ones too.

~S~ CD
    Ever wanted to be able to attack the city of rome the second turn when playing a roman faction yourself in RTW? then click here

|Sith|IV|Chris_Death

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Chrisdeath69?gvnc=1

~S~ CD

Hi all,

I have picked up playing RTW again, and I installed the 1.5 patch..
    Im currently busy with my Brutii campaign and Ive almost reached the victory conditions, I only need 2 more regions left
    But, I want to take the whole map, I cant edit the descr_win_conditions map though..

The error is in Dutch so Im not sure you guys get this, the translation is:
    Cant make the file C:/Program Files/ etc etc\descr_win_conditions.txt

Control if the right path and the right filename have been entered.

The ''read only'' option is OFF and according to the file details I (as administrator) should be allowed to edit these files..

Ive had the same problem with the playable factions file but I just let that one rest since I wanted to start with Brutii anyway.
    I tried to find a solution for this but most of the posts on forums etc are very old and I can not find anyone with the same problem.

Some advice please?
    Thanks _0_

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

@Joekai - that almost sonds like it has something to do with where the game is installed. Windows treats the 'program files' folders as protected and won't let some files be modified. Some files will be in the 'appdata' or 'virtual store' if they are modified.

One thing that I do with all games is to install them to a folder away from the program files folders (with Windows 64 bit systems there are two of them). I created a 'c:\games' folder and installed everything there.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123